Trying to Get Pregnant

Newbie Intro Thread w/o 07/30

Please read The Ultimate TTGP Guide pinned at the top of the board 
(https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12685680/the-ultimate-ttgp-guide-newbies-read-this-first/p1). It's full of information about TTGP and about our community here on The Bump.

Please introduce yourself and share as much or as little as you are comfortable with. Once you're ready, feel free to jump into any of our daily/weekly threads to start participating in the community!

Ages (you and SO)

How many months have you been TTC?

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.)

Re: Newbie Intro Thread w/o 07/30

• @MNturnsVA Welcome! Unfortunately I don’t have any experience with either, although I’ve looked into the Ava bracelet just to take off some of the pressure with temping. I’m not sure if I can justify the cost, especially since it isn’t designed for women with PCOS like I have. I use just the cheap ovulation strips and a BBT for temping at the moment.
  • Loading the player...
  • @MNturnsVA Were you on the August 16’ bmb? I feel like I remember your name. 
  • Welcome, everyone!!
  • @SA0012 Welcome! I had/have similar issues with Amenorrhea. My PCP recommended taking Vitex and that definitely seemed to help.
  • lulu1180lulu1180 member
    edited August 2018
    @knottiee42b029b65ee48e9 I would suggest changing your name to something that's not a generic knottie with lots of letters and numbers afterwards.  It will make it a lot easier for people to recognize you and get to know you.  In order to change it, you have to go on The Knot to actually make the change and then come back over here, log out and back in again and it should change!  

ETA nevermind, looks like you already figured it out!

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • virginiahamvirginiaham member
    edited August 2018
    @Sparty18 girl I’m trying to GIF but the TB app isn’t letting me!  Heyyyyy!

*eta app probs
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited August 2018
    Hey @mamanbebe How did the vitex work out for you? Any side effects?

Welcome @virginiaham pcos sister here too :) It's a roller coaster ride!
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @suzycupcake it definitely helped a little with stabilizing my cycles with a low daily dose. They had been dipping down to the 22 day range and I was able to extend them by a 3-4 days. I did not have any side effects at all, AF seemed a little more tolerable too.

I stopped around a month ago because I have been taking a number of other supplements to improve gut health and build up my blood. I could ramble on about this quite a bit.. but it seems like my wonky cycle and health is tied to my inability to digest food or absorb nutrients properly. I am hoping that the combination of bettering digestion + taking my prescribed supplements and prenatal may equate to hormones balancing out a bit. 
  • @mamanbebe Thanks for going into that. I've been along the same lines of thinking with gut health and a good diet along with vitamins. How is that one working out?
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @suzycupcake it is going OK. My naturopath put me on a combination of UNDAs to help with the indigestion symptoms and then added in probiotic, fish oil, vit D, iron and the prenatals, in addition to avoiding acidic foods. I am still struggling with digestion but I am feeling/looking a little healthier the past 2 weeks. Here's to hoping it is starting to work. Have you had any experience with improvement through those types of changes? 
  • **lurking**

Omg @virginiaham @MNturnsVA I am over here having flashbacks...  :o 

GL to you both!!!! + @Sparty18 obv ❤❤❤
  • @nanner26- Our son was born in Sept 2016- so I could have been somewhat active on the august board??
    @virginiaham- Hey lady!! sorry about your loss, and congrats on your DD.  Happy to see some familiar names still around!
    @businessmama- Hi- it's nice to see some familiar names in the group! We aren't being anywhere near as serious as we were our last go round.  It's nice to get back in touch with people who are on the journey though and have helpful insight!

• rtv3rtv3 member
    Ages (you and SO)
    29 and 31

How many months have you been TTC?

First cycle this round

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?

Just started charting. 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.)

I have a 4 year old and a 1 year old. I read whenever I can (always carry a book in my purse) and just got back into playing Minecraft. I'm a teacher (first grade) so I've been busy getting my classroom all set up.

image    image

With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C.S.Lewis

• bumbly_b  Welcome! Any chickens? I have chickens and am always looking for other chicken raisers. :)

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @dpjennifer yes we have around 30 chickens. I just love them.