Baby Names

Thoughts on this Sibset?

We have a Charlotte, and may be using the name Clara if this baby is a girl. We also have a son (doesn’t start with C) but I feel like his name fits fine with this choice. I guess my only concern is, are the girls names too similar? 

Re: Thoughts on this Sibset?

• bawagsbawags member
    I feel like they look more alike than they sound when you say them out loud if that makes sense. I think it would be fine to use Clara if you love it.
  • bawags said:
    I feel like they look more alike than they sound when you say them out loud if that makes sense. I think it would be fine to use Clara if you love it.
    Ha! That actually totally makes sense to me, and might be what’s influencing my sense of worry, I keep staring at them written down. 
  • Loading the player...
  • mb0112mb0112 member
    I knew sisters Charlotte and Claire.  Although I’m not a fan of matching initials I never thought they were particularly similar.  I love Clara.
  • I love both names, and I agree with pp that they look more similar than they sound.
  • mb0112 said:
    I knew sisters Charlotte and Claire.  Although I’m not a fan of matching initials I never thought they were particularly similar.  I love Clara.
    I’m not a fan of matching initials either and that part makes me a little crazy... but since it wasn’t on purpose, and our son having a different initial is keeping me on board. 
  • mb0112mb0112 member
    mb0112 said:
    I’m not a fan of matching initials either and that part makes me a little crazy... but since it wasn’t on purpose, and our son having a different initial is keeping me on board. 
    Yea and also Ch and the hard C make it feel different than the usual matching initials 
  • To me Charlotte and Clara sound very different so I think it’s totally fine! Love both names! :)
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Thanks everyone, you are helping me rest easier with this decision! Still a 50% chance it’s a boy though
  • I have a Charlotte and wouldn't use Clara (although I love the name) if I had another. To me they are too close. I think a different, sweet old fashioned name ending in 'a' would work better:

Anna
    Hannah
    Ella
    Emma
    Sarah
    Nora
    Willa

• I don't think they are too similar. The starting sound is completely different.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker