Trying to Get Pregnant

Just forget it.

heathopheathop member
edited July 2018 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Didn't realize asking for encouragement was going to bring out the pitchforks. 

Re: Just forget it.

• Andplusalso to be sensitive to all on this board we don’t talk about pregnancy, childbirth or living children so you won’t be getting stories from us
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • Agreed with @kindbytealikat. You and your partner should speak with a professional about options/therapy. This isn’t an ‘internet solution’ kind of problem. 
  • I don't understand why a board about "trying to get pregnant" wouldn't be the right place to ask for a little reassurance from people who are in a similar situation? I understand that medical professionals are good to talk to, but I was hoping for some positive and encouraging words. Clearly all I got was animosity. 
  • heathop said:
    I don't understand why a board about "trying to get pregnant" wouldn't be the right place to ask for a little reassurance from people who are in a similar situation? I understand that medical professionals are good to talk to, but I was hoping for some positive and encouraging words. Clearly all I got was animosity. 
    Seriously? You want encouraging words about pregnancy from woman who have been doing everything in their power for years to get pregnant!? 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @heathop Not animosity, but helpful suggestions. We are more than willing to provide support to those who introduce themselves and participate in the dailies. You have to give to get. The ladies on this board have been trying to get pregnant and haven't, some after many years and losses. It can be hard and I know I would give my left arm to be pregnant. So @galactickates suggestion is good because there may be someone on the 1st trimester board who was in your shoes and could offer some more pointed help.
  • Do you have other fears and anxieties than just tokophobia? It has taken me 10+ years to learn to manage my generalized anxiety w/out medication, and I still have issues routinely.

I don't know how you feel about anti-anxiety medications, but they can help some folks learn to cope with a situation. The most anxiety-producing part of pregnancy and childbirth is not always the physical realities of it, but can be the mental toll and anticipation of tests, procedures, medications, and then postpartum issues.

Are you or have you considered seeing a therapist to focus on this specific issue?
    Me: 29 DW: 44
  • @heathop We don’t have the similar experiences you’re looking for on this board, so we tried to gently direct you to where to look. It sounds like you are dealing with a complex and difficult problem that you should reach out to a professional about. This isn’t animosity, and I’m sorry you don’t see that. 
  • Oops, didn't see all the above. Honestly we/they could have been a lot worse than this, you should've seen the last one-off post... 
    Me: 29 DW: 44
  • No one was mean at all to you, @heathop. PP just mentioned that everyone here is actively trying to get pregnant and some women have been trying for many years to no avail and would give their right arm to get pregnant (and stay pregnant) and deal with all the crap that comes with it.  In all honesty, therapy would benefit you and your unique situation. You can't just shut off your anxiety and the only solution to have a baby without being pregnant is adoption or surrogacy. 
  • heathop said:
    Didn't realize asking for encouragement was going to bring out the pitchforks. 
    QFP

There were no pitchforks. The ladies were very polite to you. But you're barging in on a group of women, some of whom would give anything to be pregnant, fears and all, and demanding support for your fear of being pregnant. You were given polite suggestions as to where to go and you took that as hostility. Then you DD and stomped off to take your toys and go home. 

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018