Baby Names

Alma

What are your opinions on the name Alma? We are having a hard time settling on a girl name and this is one my DH actually likes. Is it easy to pronounce? I have always heard/said "All-muh". Thoughts?

Re: Alma

• My great grandmother was Alma, pronounced Al-muh. The name itself is nms, but it's not bad. 
  • Agreed with ^^ NMS but not a bad name. I could see it being pronounced either Al-muh or All-muh.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Nms to use personally but I like it and think it works well for you guys! 

Did if you finalize your boy name yet?

• bawagsbawags member
    No, we haven't .lol We are having such a hard time this time around. I just assumed we would still love our "left over" names from the first two pregnancies, but DH says he was never in love with the ones we didn't end up using.

So you think Miriam, Naomi & Alma would work for a sister set? If DH doesn't go wishy washy again on this name that will likely be the next question I post lol
  • Agreed with ^^ NMS but not a bad name. I could see it being pronounced either Al-muh or All-muh.
    This
  • bawags said:
    No, we haven't .lol We are having such a hard time this time around. I just assumed we would still love our "left over" names from the first two pregnancies, but DH says he was never in love with the ones we didn't end up using.

So you think Miriam, Naomi & Alma would work for a sister set? If DH doesn't go wishy washy again on this name that will likely be the next question I post lol
    For sure it complements them well I think 

• I think it goes great with your sibset. 

It's very sweet and refreshing. I can't help but smile thinking of a little Alma.
  • I like it! It fits with the "old lady name" trend going on without being one of the super common ones like Eleanor, Eloise, etc.

And I've heard it pronounced both All-muh and Al-muh, so I think you may have to specify the pronunciation with new people sometimes but that's not a big deal.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • I read it All-muh but its cute either way! I think it fits really well with your other two names as well