Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Monday 7.30

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

john mayer waiting GIF

Month/Cycle

CD/DPO

Timing

Typical LP length:

Testing

R/R

CS/Q

Re: TWW Monday 7.30

• yooosarayooosara member
    edited July 2018
    Month/Cycle: 2/6 i think

CD/DPO: 29/13

Timing: -2, -1

Typical LP length: 9-10.  this is the longest at 13 

Testing: negative yesterday and this morning with FRER

R/R:  this is the longest LP i've had and no signs of AF? i had brown spotting way up there on Thru/Fri and now nothing. not even cramps.  anyways, i hate monday but at least my boss is away today. 

CS/Q:  i stopped charting after O, but i checked today and my temp is still above cover.  i have no idea what's going on.  
  • @yooosara FX for you that this is your cycle. 

Month/Cycle
    : 14/16 (4 benched)

CD/DPO: 20/7

Timing: -3, -1, +1

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: Nope

R/R: Its Monday boo, but I only work three days this week, yay! Also just found out that my niece will be heading out today and I have no idea when I will see her again. This makes me sad, but so grateful that I got this time with her too. 

CS/Q
  • Loading the player...
  • meri-macmeri-mac member
    edited July 2018
    @yooosara Fx for you hun!!

Month/Cycle
    : 17/15

CD/DPO: 17/2 or 3DPO

Timing: -4, -2, O or -5, -3, -1

Typical LP length: 13/14

Testing: No.

R/R: There is no end to the humidity. I am lucky I work inside as DH is outside for 8 hours. He has been sick from the heat for the past week. I am going to suggest he ask to be moved inside. It is just to warm for him to be out there. I went to bed at a decent hour, but I am still sleepy this morning. I think I will need another dip in the ocean tonight before bed. Rave: TW kids in spoiler
    Some former neighbours are visiting for the next couple weeks. They are great fun and have 4 little ones: 1 boy and 3 girls, all with lovely French names which make my heart skip. I got to hold the littlest one (1 year) yesterday for a bit and she waved bye-bye to me when I left. It made me a little sad, but they are all so sweet that it wasn't as hard as it normally is. It made me hopeful for when we have munchkins. Although, I may steal the littlest away... :)

CS/Q: -
  • edited July 2018
    @nitnat007its sad when family leaves and you dont know when they'll be back. Hopefully it wont be long, but it's great you got to spend time with her while she was here.

Month/Cycle
    : 12/9

CD/DPO: 27/12

Timing: High

Typical LP length: 13

Testing: Nope. Wfaf now.

R/R: 99% sure this cycle is out. As you will see in my chart, this cycle is following with last cycle. Wed will likely be CD 1. I'm pretty bummed as I had some hopeful signs Saturday. But everything crashed yesterday when i felt my usual pre AF anger bubbles. My Rave will be that we replaced the guy at work I cant stand. "New" guy has worked here before and I'm hearing he's great. My boss told me this morning she told said new guy I do my job better then she did. 

CS/Q: Purple is current, green is last. AF might as well just come now since I know where this is headed.

ETA spotting has begun. I'm eating a chocolate muffin to ease my sorrow.

• @nitnat007 thank you. i'm sorry to hear about your niece leaving.  hopefully it's not terribly long. 

@meri-mac thank you.  We have been dealing with terribly humidity too.  yesterday it finally broke, but suppose to shoot right back up.  this summer hasn't been very nice.  i hope for you and your husband's sake, he can be moved indoors.  that's a lot to be out there all day everyday. 

• Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD/DPO: 36/11 DPO

Timing: -1

Typical LP length: 13 or 14 days

Testing: BFN yesterday and today.  Pretty sure I'm out this cycle.

R/R:  Since I am pretty sure I am out, that means AF will probably come Thurs or Fri....right when I go up to Portland to visit DH.  Booooo.

CS/Q: Temps still look good.  Open circle because I took it about 40 min earlier than normal.

• @prpl11butterfly It just sucks :( *hugs* I get angry around AF as well. I hope she stays away. Fx <3

@sparklingdiamond It is still a little early for your testing. Your temp looks good so I will keep everything crossed for you. Even if she does come, I hope you will still enjoy your trip :)
  • @yooosara Hopefully you can figure out what's going on soon!

@nitnat007 Aww I'm sorry your niece is leaving.  Does she live far away?

@meri-mac Aww that's sweet and i'm glad it wasn't too upsetting for you.  It's been so humid here as well.  I'm over it.  I always thought they would show up by 11 DPO?

@prpl11butterfly I'm sorry :frowning:  I had those lovely angry feelings the other day and that is definitely my usual AF sign.  So I'm right there with you.  

• Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD/DPO: 33/7

Timing: -3,-2,O,+1

Typical LP length: 12 days

Testing: Thursday. We are leaving Thurs PM for my MIL’s for the week, and I’d rather have an idea of what direction this cycle is going before we get there.

R/R: I started reading Sharp Objects (same author as Gone Girl) which just came out as an HBO series. Not sure if I can handle it on TV, it’s making me squeamish just reading it!

CS/Q: I have a bunch of cheapies and then 3 digital tests - debating running out to get a few FRER’s since they’re supposed to be the most sensitive if I’m hoping to test on CD10. Do you use a variety of tests or just stick to one brand?

@yooosara FX this is your cycle!
    @nitnat007 Yay for short work weeks!!
    @meri-mac Ugh I could not imagine working outside all day in the heat! Hopefully your H can get moved inside.
    @prpl11butterfly I’m glad the guy you hate is being replaced with someone that sounds good! I’m sorry that this cycle is looking similar to last - hopefully there is a different outcome for you. :hugs:
    @sparklingdiamond Ugh sorry about BFN. Still hoping it’s just too early. Really hope AF doesn’t show right before you visit your H!
  • Month/Cycle: 10

CD/DPO: 28/12

Timing: Okay

Typical LP length: 10-12ish

Testing: Tested this morning and it was a BFN. I'm sure I'm out this cycle as my temp dropped a little bit today. 

R/R: Rant: So over TTC. Feeling like it's never going to happen Rave: We have vacation coming up so I'm excited about that. I'll likely take a break from TB and all things TTC this month. RE appointment scheduled for next month.

CS/Q: Chart in spoiler. Here we go on the downhill...

• marebear15marebear15 member
    edited July 2018
    @yooosara - Since you only just starting tracking your O with OPKs and BBT, it is possible that your normal O is later than you thought. A 9 or 10 day LP is actually really short and not good for chances of implantation. Hopefully your body is just regulating after getting off BC. Also, could you clarify your Month/Cycle? Have you had 6 cycles in 2 months or have you only TTC for 2 out of 6 months?

@nitnat007 - I hate goodbyes, but especially when you don't know when you'll see each other again. Glad you got some good time with your niece.

@meri-mac - What are their names? I love French names!

@prpl11butterfly - I'm sorry you're out  :(

@sparklingdiamond - Still a little early for testing, so a little hope there, but I'm sorry you feel you are out this time. 

@dogmomma271 - What is Sharp Objects about? Just from the title I'm shuddering. 

@crookshanks10 - Don't lose hope! Take a break if you need it and know that you are taking all the right steps for this to happen.

Month/Cycle
    : 3/3

CD/DPO: 22/4

Timing: -3, -1, 0, +1

Typical LP length: 9 last time

Testing: 10 dpo

R/R: Still recovering from this flu, but back at work. I finally feel like I'm catching up on all this work! Makes a Monday feel good.

CS/Q

• @yooosara FX this turns out to be your cycle!
    @nitnat007 Hooray for short weeks.
    @meri-mac Great timing!
    @prpl11butterfly Sorry about AF coming. 
    @sparklingdiamond It's still early. FX!!!!

Month/Cycle
    : 2/2

CD/DPO: 25/13

Timing: Not good enough 

Typical LP length: 14?

Testing:  2 BFNs wfaf now

R/R: Got my BBT thermometer yesterday and figured I would start using it now just to get into the habit but it's annoying me!!! I press the on/off button, it shows the last temp then turns off.  Eventually it recorded a new temp but I'm not sure how I did it.....ill keep playing around with it.

CS/Q: Do you temp through AF?  I guess you would have to to get the full picture?
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @sparklingdiamond I don't know if it is always at 11DPO. It can depend on a variety of factors and most articles I have read suggest waiting until you have missed a few days of AF as hormone levels will be sufficient at that time. Easier said than done ;)

@crookshanks10 I'm sorry. We all feel like that from time to time. A break sounds like just the thing. Where are you going on vacation?
  • @mermaidca I still take it during AF even though temps can be a little crazy sometimes during that time.
  • @marebear15 Alexandre, Elise, Madeleine and Isabelle.

@mermaidca Thanks! I was hoping for a +1, but it was not happening in this heat.
  • yooosarayooosara member
    edited July 2018
    thanks everyone!

@marebear15 I'm pretty comfortable that it's right, but it could be wrong.  i was having 23-24 day cycles with one 26 day in May.  Today is day 29, which O confirmed on day 16 (i did have o pain as well)  as far as clarification, definitely 2 out of the 6.  although the other 4 were not trying/not avoiding

chart is spoilers but not really anything conclusive. 

• @marebear15 Sharp Objects TW
    The general plot is about two young girls that are kidnapped then found dead about a year apart in the same small town. The main character is a reporter looking for info bc they think it’s a serial killer. All of her books are pretty dark and twisted, and there’s parts that are gory. Well written, I just don’t think I could watch it on screen!

@mermaidca It took me a few weeks to figure out my BBT too! I didn’t understand that some have a default temp of 97.70, so I recorded the exact same temp for a week straight before looking it up. For mine, if you want to recall the most recent temp, you have to hold the button in for a few seconds and once you release it, it’s gone. If you want to take a new temp, you click the button once but don’t hold it in. Hope that helps!
  • MRDCleMRDCle member
    @yooosara FX for you this round!!
    @nitnat007 woohoo for a short week.  That's so nice.
    @meri-mac what gorgeous names!
    @prpl11butterfly hugs on the impending AF
    @sparklingdiamond sorry about AF on a trip. That sucks.
    @dogmomma271 IIRC I didn't enjoy Sharp Objects as much as Gone Girl - I didn't realize they were doing a TV version!
    @crookshanks10 sorry for the temp drop - I hope your vacay can help take your mind off of everything.
    @mermaidca I have only been temping a few months, but I've always done it through AF.  If I didn't I'm sure I would get out of the habit and get myself all screwed up.
    @asupernovablizzardstorm this is weird but I'm a little jealous of your pretty pastel colors on your chart, ha. 

Month/Cycle
    : 1/1

CD/DPO: 23/7

Timing: high

Typical LP length: 10-12

Testing: eh. maybe tomorrow.

R/R:  Rant: TW in spoilers, kids
    I'm exhausted today. Between DS having an accident (and trying to change his own undies in the dark while crying, bless him), a barfing dog, and DH trying to make me feel better during all this with some AGGRESSIVE cuddling, I'm just whooped.  I want to go to the gym tonight but the motivation right now is LOW.
    Rave: This weekend was pretty boring, but productive.  The house is clean, I did some yard work, and I'm 80%  of the way through a new book I picked up at Target on Saturday.

CS/Q
    Pretty standard stuff. Had tender breasts and skin breakouts, which are pretty typical for me for the few days leading up to AF, so...not holding out too much hope!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @yooosara That's good that your LP is longer this cycle! Fx for you

@nitnat007 YAY for a 3 day work week! Sorry to hear your niece is leaving, hopefully it won't be too long before you see her again :)

@meri-mac I hope you can get you some rest tonight! I was restlest as well and woke up at 3:00AM. We are going to the beach :) It's about 6 1/2 hours away. We usually go every year with my DH's family and it's so fun and much needed, especially right now!

@prpl11butterfly 1butterfly I'm still keeping my fx for you!

@sparklingdiamondIt's still early for you friend. You're still in it! I hope you enjoy your trip!

@dogmomma271 I enjoyed reading sharp objects! I don't have HBO but hopefully the show is just as good. I wish FRERs weren't so expensive. I have only bought the easy at home tests.

@marebear15 Thank you friend. I'm glad you're starting to recover. I have my fx for you!

@mermaidca I typically take a break from temping during AF.. that's just me though!

@asupernovablizzardstorm That's so sweet of you to do for your kitties! You had great timing this cycle!

@kindbytealikat Sorry you're having the feeling AF is on the way :( It sounds like most of us here are feeling the same... so you're not alone.

@MRDCle Thank you! I'm glad you had a productive weekend! It sounds like you and I both did the same thing! I pulled some weeds and ugh, it was so hot! I'm ready for fall!

• @dogmomma271 I always wondered what that book was about.  Now I don't know if I would want to read that.  Also, about the tests...

TW Pregnancy Test

With my pregnancies, I have been able to turn the cheapies first and the FRER a few days later.  I got a positive on a cheapie at 9 DPO.

• MRDCleMRDCle member
    @crookshanks10 it was cooler here this weekend, but still after about an hour of weeding/trimming, and moving some pavers around I was drenched. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @dogmomma271 that's on my list to read. I love suspense books.

@crookshanks10 sorry you're feeling down.

• Month/Cycle
    : 3/3

CD/DPO: 26 / 12

Timing: Good

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: Sunday, if I can hold out that long.

R/R: Rant: Since yesterday morning my stomach has been feeling really odd, slightly crampy and nauseated.  I'm trying to remind myself it's probably from the junk food and not working out this vacation, but a sliver of me is hoping it's implantation cramps.  But feeling pessimistic this cycle.  Rave: Still have today off from work before it's back to reality!

CS/Q: Buying a BBT if I get AF this week.  Any recommendations?

@yooosara, I'm sorry about the negatives.  Our bodies are definitely confusing, I don't understand mine half the time either.  Hugs.

@nitnat007, leaving family is always sad.  Hope you get to see her again soon!

@meri-mac, those are adorable names!  I'm jealous you're at the ocean!

@prpl11butterfly, hugs.  If I could, I would send you some of the dirt pudding I made yesterday to go with the muffin.

@sparklingdiamond, I'm due for AF on Thursday or Friday also.  Fingers crossed neither of us get it!  I always thought 11DPO was early to test for sure.

@dogmomma271, fingers crossed for you!  I remember loving Gone Girl, but not sure I could handle Sharp Objects!

@crookshanks10, Internet hugs.  Take time to yourself and enjoy your vacation!

@marebear15, glad you're feeling better! Yay for productive Mondays!

@mermaidca, fingers crossed that it was just early to test!

@asupernovablizzardstorm, awww, happy kitty birthdays!

@kindbytealikat, I'm sorry YH is frustrated.  Mine is an extrovert and I'm an introvert, and he never gets that I need time to be sad sometimes.  Hugs.

@MRDCle, Yay for productive weekends! Sorry it was frustrating also.  I totally feel you about the lack of gym motivation.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I appreciate all the positive thoughts ladies, but I'm a realist and know that this cycle is over.

@meri-mac I will eternally be jealous of you being close the ocean. I love just floating....

@sparklingdiamond sorry the hear your expecting AF on your trip. That's just not fair.

@dogmomma271 I would think the cheapie could pick up at 10dpo. But it couldn't hurt to grab a FRER JIC.

@crookshanks10 hugs of solidarity lady. I'm debating on what to do this month since we have a vacation coming up as well. I'm not taking the month off but feel like maybe just having a more organic approach.

@mermaidca I temp through AF. I also temp vagianlly. I use a menstrual cup so there isn't really any "mess". 

• @meri-mac Tell me about it. This humidity really is getting the better of everyone right now. We aren't allowed to complain too much though, it is so short lived and then it will be fall again. Sounds like you had great fun with the kids.  <3
    @prpl11butterfly I am so sorry that you are feeling out this cycle. Enjoy that chocolate muffin, and be kind to yourself. *hugs*
    @sparklingdiamond Sorry friend. Hope AF stays away. But have a great trip to Portland no matter what. My niece works on a big pleasure yacht and their boat just happened to be in the area for a couple months so I got to see her. Most of the season they are on the go and during their off time, they try and see family. 
    @dogmomma271 Oh I so can't so the gore in books or TV shows. Hope you get through it. 
    @crookshanks10 So sorry to hear that you are feeling that way right now. This journey is so heavy on the head and the heart. Be sure to do some self care and be kind to yourself right now. 
    @marebear15 Summer flu is the worst. Hope you feel better soon. 
    @mermaidca That is frustrating. Hope one of the other ladies is able to give your some advice on the BBT. 
    @asupernovablizzardstorm She is not military. She works on a privately owned yacht. So there is a lot of traveling involved with a very unpredictable schedule. Happy birthday old man! So sweet. 
    @kindbytealikat Goodbyes are the pits. Sorry you are feeling frustrated. So hard to not give up hope. Do something good for yourself. *hugs*
    @MRDCle Oh man, what a sin. I hope you get some down time tonight and a good nights sleep. When it rains....
    @kangstadt Enjoy your day off!
  • @sparty18 Your chart looks great and your timing is fantastic! FX for you.
    @prpl11butterfly @sparklingdiamond @kindbytealikat Thanks ladies for your responses. I picked up a 3 pack of FRER. Planning to test Thurs with a cheapie and a FRER, should be CD10 but could be only 8 or 9 since I’m not sure of O. Hoping then if it’s a BFN I can wrap my head around that being the likely outcome before getting to my MIL’s for the week.
  • edited July 2018
    Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 22/7

Timing: -(5, 3, 2, 1), O, +1

Typical LP length: 13

Testing: wfaf (I am telling myself I will not test unless AF is late)

R/R: I'm exhausted. DH went away this weekend got back last night, and leaves for a work trip tomorrow around lunch time. I haven't had a whole lot of time to get on TB since he left on Friday. Running the house by myself is so time consuming and exhausting. Luckily my mom will be coming to stay with me tomorrow afternoon and she will be a big help while he's gone for the rest of this week. I do sort of feel bad for him that he's had to do so much traveling, but I also feel bad for me because I'm exhausted lol. And my eating has gone a bit out of control. He's our resident chef and the things I can make are easy and unhealthy, so... 

We hit all the days in FW, but I still don't feel like this is going to be the month. I take tons of supplements, I changed my diet, I'm tracking all the things, and I feel like it's not enough. I think I've given up feeling hopeful. I don't want to try anymore, but I also don't want to take a break. I just want to magically be pregnant. Don't we all? Sigh. 

CS/Q: My temp chart this month has been utterly un-extrodinary so far, so I'm kind of discouraged. I also feel zero pregnant, so there's that, too. 

@nitnat007 3 day work week sounds fab! 
    @meri-mac humidity is the worst. Is YH making sure he's drinking enough water? 
    @prpl11butterfly sorry this cycle was a bust. Hugs. 
    @sparklingdiamond sorry about the BFN. Your chart does still look good, though! 
    @dogmomma271 I only stock wondfos. If any of those come up positive I'll run out and pick up some FRERs or digis. 
    @crookshanks10 so sorry about the BFN. Definitely take a break if you need it. Hugs! 
    @marebear15 sorry to hear you had the flu! I hope you're 100% soon! 
    @mermaidca I do temp through AF. You can always discard temps if any are throwing off your cross hairs. Though I think the algorithm only looks back 6 temps. 
    @asupernovablizzardstorm paw print cake sounds adorable!
    @kindbytealicat I am in the same pessimistic headspace. I also feel like maybe it's just not going to happen. It sucks. 
    @mrdcle That sounds like a lot to deal with! I'm also wiped. It's hard trying to find motivation to get anything done when you're exhausted. 
    @kangstadt I just use the cheap Mabis you can get on Amazon. It doesn't have a backlight, but I just the my phone to look at it when I am inputting it in FF. 
    @sparty18 I hope the TWW crazies stay away! I think I've banished them because I'm feeling so pessimistic about this cycle, but I'm still taking baby aspirin for a few days right now just in case? Ugh lol
    *TW*

Me: 31 Him: 32

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

BFP #2 3/11/16 - DD born 11/16

TFAS since April 2018

• kangstadtkangstadt member
    edited July 2018
    @general_organa, thanks for the recommendation!  And I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, it's still early for any symptoms!  I do the same thing though, I keep telling myself I'll wait for my period (or lack of...) but it's hard with those tests burning a hole in my closet...

Glad you'll have some extra help this week!  I hate it when MH is gone.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks for all the great advice everyone.  I really appreciate it and realize how much about my own body that I just don't know!
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @kangstadt I meant to reply to your migrane q yesterday and didn't come back to it (bad day). I too have hormonal migraines. They started when I was 10 (I'm 31 now). Always the week before and of AF. Now I do get non hormonal as well (very sensitive to temp changes and yet I live in New England). They suck and I can completely commiserate with you 
  • @prpl11butterfly, thanks for the response!  They suck.  I've definitely noticed fewer since I've stopped drinking caffeine, but I still get ten or more a month some months.  I'm also crossing my fingers they aren't a precursor to AF this month, but probably are.  Temp change sensitivity must be awful!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @general_organa I'm sorry.  I am so right there with you.  I did my stupid diet (I COMPLETELY fell off this last week after doing so well for almost 4 months), taking my supplements, doing acupuncture, and yet still nothing.  I want to just magically be pregnant too.
  • @kangstadt - I use this BBT thermometer from Amazon. It has a quiet beep, a backlight, and a memory. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0714C6Z53/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1