February 2019 Moms
Options

Business-friendly Maternity Wear

Hey fellow moms to be! I'm a first time mom who works full time in a business-dress work place. Any advice on how to transition my wardrobe into bump-friendly attire? I prefer pants over dresses, unfortunately. Where are the best places to find maternity where for the office without breaking the bank?

Re: Business-friendly Maternity Wear

• Options
    I've had good luck at Motherhood and Kohls!

• Options
    Probably more likely to get hits if you post in our weekly randoms thread.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    When I had my daughter 5 years ago I bought 3-4 dress pants from Motherhood and wore a lot of non-maternity tops that would stretch. Then I would throw on a blazer and be done.  This time I'm trying to be a little more proactive and get pieces I actually like rather than just buying whatever I can find or what's on sale.

Lately I've been shopping at this online consignment store called ThredUp.  I just set up alerts for brands that I want to watch for...Seraphine, Isabella Oliver, Pea in the Pod, Motherhood, Loft (they have great work pants), etc....The prices are great, and they usually have discount codes for 15% off (especially if you download the app).  You can also return items so it's very low risk if the items doesn't work.  I'm pretty picky with consignment clothes and I love it.  I've gotten several 'new with tags' and 'like new' items that I'm really excited to wear later this year.
  • Options
    I’ve had good luck with consignment shops (nicer ones!) and I’ve even gotten a. Few cute pieces (tops) from a company called sweet mommy on amazon (I only bought nursing clothes, but I think they make maternity as well.

luckily, people are very forgiving about what pregnant women wear, so I’d get 2-3 outfits you love  and rotate! I’d also be open to dresses. They are so much easier and soon enough can be worn with tights and leggings.