August 2018 Moms

High Risk Pregnancy Check-In 07/24

edited July 2018 in August 2018 Moms
How far along are you?

Why are you high-risk?

Any additional monitoring or testing this week?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
Married: 05.2012  
TW:
TTC #1 Since April 2016
HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02

Re: High Risk Pregnancy Check-In 07/24

• edited July 2018
    How far along are you?
    34+5

Why are you high-risk?
    IC, Diabetes, AMA

NST, AFI and a follow up growth scan 

Rants/Raves/Questions?

we had another growth scan yesterday... two weeks after the last.. so our first growth scan at 28w measured her in the 30th percentile .. then at 32w she measured in the 19th percentile... and yesterday at 34w she measured in the 17th percentile. my normal high risk dr wasn't in yesterday, which is annoying but i'll talk to my OBGYN next week... they don't seem concerned as long as she maintains over the 10th percentile, but of course i worry about everything
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
  • How far along are you? 36+4

Why are you high-risk? Diabetes and AMA

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? Just the same old 2x week NST and fluid check, plus growth scan on Thursday and OB appt Friday - my life revolves around appointments

Rants/Raves/Questions? Just getting so tired of the blood sugar battle. My doctor told me early on that we'd see a drop in my insulin need towards the end of 3rd tri but holy crap it's hitting me so hard! I've been in the 30s and 40s twice this week with lows in the 60s a bunch as well. I'm sending in my numbers 2x a week and they make adjustments but I'm wondering if I should start sending in every other day so I don't have to go 4 days of lows before getting adjusted. Just frustrating.

@harleyquinn0621 - I'm so sorry you're dealing with the stress of these measurements. When does your high risk doctor get back in? It might be worth trying to set up a phone appointment at least to talk about your concerns. I know that measurements can be really hard to get at this gestational age because baby is so squished in there and is running out of room, I hope that they can at least give you some peace of mind! Sending hugs <3

Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @harleyquinn0621 sorry about the measurements.  I would be worried to because that's how I am.  But I'm sure they will keep close track.

@mrsbubbles-2 I didn't realize blood sugars might do that at the end, 30s and 40s suck (so do 60s really).  Hope they get it figured out.  I would want more frequent adjustments too.

How far along are you?
    36w4d

Why are you high-risk?
    AMA, RPL, GD, blood pressure

AFI, NST, and BPP on Friday and appointment with OB

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Friday is my last day at work!!! and it's only a half day! I can't wait.
    The weather has also improved. 
    my only rant is the sleeping...I would love to feel rested but I just can't sleep well :(
    Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• How far along are you? 36w+3d

Why are you high-risk? AMA, 2 losses, Corrected uterine septum

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? Got my cerclage out yesterday! Went into  L&D to do it and got hooked up to monitors for a bit. Then doc came in to remove the stitches and said if they looked hard to get to we would go to the OR and do it (my RE placed the stitches, not my OB). She could see them so she did them in the room. She had to go in twice because she missed one. Ugh. That was very unpleasant. I know labor is much worse, but jeez that was super uncomfy. Luckily it was pretty quick and all over in about 10 minutes -e ven with going in twice. They hooked me back up to the monitors again for an hour just to make sure baby was all good and then we went home. I had some light spotting that stopped pretty quickly (within a few hours) and now it appears I'm losing pieces of my mucus plug. I just need him to stay put another 11 days!!

Rants/Raves/Questions? We had a growth scan last week and he was measuring about 28th percentile - except his head which was about 58%. Room for all the brains! :)
    Kind of bummed we won't have another appointment until next wednesday but that was the earliest my ob could see me. I'm allowed to take a bath but still no sex until the wed. appointment. 

@harleyquinn0621 Sorry to hear about the stress from the growth scans - I'd be stressing out too. When do you get another one?
    @stac928 Yay for no more work! And I feel you on the sleeping. My sleep has been horrible. I wake up around 2 AM every night and just toss and turn for hours afterward. 

• @harleyquinn0621 Hopefully your doctors can shed light on the decreasing percentiles, I'd be concerned as well. Please be sure to keep us updated if you find out anything.

How far along are you?

35+4

Why are you high-risk?
    GD, AMA, history of hypertension, previous miscarriage

Twice a week BPP/NST appointments. Next week starts cervical checks and I get my first Group B Strep swabs, both of which sound like a real blast! Not.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    My growth scan last week has ours in the 31st percentile, which they said was "perfectly great". We've been confused by it as well, as you'd think the 50th percentile would be "perfect". So we're not sure if it's "perfectly great" because of the GD or not, I haven't seen the MFM himself in months and there wasn't much explanation of it from the tech. It seems to be measuring right on track where it should be, ~5lb 7oz, so if that's the 31st percentile, I'd hate to give birth to the 50th!

My blood sugars are trending higher, unfortunately. I think it's because of moving and being too tired to cook good food. Plus I am so bloody bored of eating all the healthy things with no fun things, and my cheat days are extending themselves here and there more than they probably should. And I'm hungry all the time and I can't eat big meals anymore, when I'd typically do my insulin, so I feel like I'm snacking more in between meals than I ought to. And snacks are rarely healthy in nature, lol. I'm still losing weight at every weigh-in somehow and the baby seems to be growing normally, so whatever I guess. 

We've finally got our nursery mostly done, and it's the nicest room in the new house, heh. Today I'm re-washing all the clothes and bedding I've gotten so far and trying to organize them in the dresser and am coming up with blanks on how to organize it. How do you all do it? By size? By use (sleeper/onesies)? Some of the sizes seem to be way off from what they're labeled as, so that's confounding me as well. My OCD is not handling it well.
  • edited July 2018
    thank you all ladies... the dr says she is not worried as long as we remain above the 10%... baby's weight looks good at 4 lbs 8 oz this week (35 weeks), NSTs & AFIs are all normal and the umbilical cord doppler has been coming back normal the last few appointments.... so since everything else is normal we're just going to keep watching her. 

@neeraja_k  we have ours organized by size and type ... so everything is broken down into sizes and then within the sizes broken down into type (sleepers, onesies, shirts, pants etc) ... but we have been given clothes all the way out into toddler size 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• How far along are you? 38w 3d

Why are you high-risk? AMA, pregnancy induced thrombocytopenia 

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? Some of my previous blood work to check my platelet showed a slight increase but the last one should a sharp decrease. I had to go back to my hematologist who put on high dose steroids to try to bump me up a little. Have to go back on Monday for another blood draw.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Steroids give me insomnia (even just a medrol pack), I already have insomnia of sorts throughout pregnancy!! Baby scheduled to arrive on Friday, nervous and excited, never had a scheduled birth as both my girls were emergencies, has been bitter sweet. One hand I did not worry about having things ready because I did not know I was having my daughter when I did but on the other hand it has been nice having a deadline since I tend to be a procrastinator and definitely cannot be that way with a third on the way.