Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Weekend 07/28 - 07/29

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation.Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Weekend 07/28 - 07/29

• Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: lots of BD, CM, OPKs, PNV, temping

R/R: I'll rave today...If you haven't read The Nightengale by Kristin Hannah, DO IT. I just recently finished and it was SO good. I love how much reading I get done over the summer when work is out. 

CS/Q: finally got a + opk...I started testing way too early given my cycle length...note to self, save some $$ next month ;)

• @ska8471 I LOVED The Nightingale! So amazing, so sad.

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: Tracking, PNVs

R/R: Rave: I just love Saturdays. It's so nice to spend time with DH and today we have no plans so we've done nothing but laze around. I am getting a tiny bit antsy staying inside but it's so hot out!

CS/Q: 
  • Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 20

WAYDTGKU: Prenatals, BBT, OPKs, CM

R/R: This cold is just killing me. Saturday is the worst day to be sick because I have my gotten anything done around the house to get us ready for the upcoming week.

CS/Q: I think I will get my CHs tomorrow!

• @ska8471 She’s my favorite author! Have you read her new book “The Great Alone”? It’s very different from “The Nightingale,” but so good! 

@whiteswanblackswan Lazy Saturdays are the best!  

@marebear15 Hoping your cold passes quickly and FX for CHs tomorrow! 

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: Just PNVs this month 

R/R: Tonight I’m having some friends over to play cards. I feel like an old lady, but I love having card nights. 

CS/Q: none 
  • @nanner26 I haven't read any of her others but after loving that one so much I am definitely going to try some others. In June, I read The Woman in the Window, which was more like Gone Girl style, not AS good but pretty close. PS: also love card nights...so many great games, always a good time! 

@marebear15 sorry you have a summer cold...those are THE worst. Feel better soon! 
  • @ska8471 Thanks for the rec - I've heard it's quite good!
    @whiteswanblackswan Jealous of your lazy Saturday - I had to work today :(
    @marebear15 Ugh, I'm sorry. I hate when I feel behind on chores AND I hate being sick...double whammy. Feel better soon!
    @nanner26 I love game nights of any kind - board games, card games, etc. Have fun :)

CD: 4
    WAYDTGKU: HIO, PNVs, adding OPKs this cycle
    R/R: Hubs leaves for a work trip for 10 days tomorrow :( I'm really going to miss him - we aren't apart much at all. I'll start OPKs when he gets home.

• Month/Cycle: 7/8

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: HIO, temping, OPKs 

R/R: we're back from vacation and I'm missing it already. 

CS/Q:
    CS/Q: 

• My first post :) 

Month/Cycle: just decided to start trying! Have to wait a few weeks 

CD: not a clue ! 

WAYDTGKU: going to try that basal temperature for sure ! 

R/R: rant for sure. TW- 
    Bf just found has testicular cancer, had a testicle removed just yesterday which is why we have now decided to start trying in 6 weeks. 

CS/Q: question, just wondering if anyone has any experience with testicular cancer in their partners? This is all so new. I was recommended to try an online forum. I also hope I filled this out properly especially with the TW. 
  • @kels0091 - I don't have any advice for you, but am really sorry to hear of the circumstances. Maybe someone else has some insight? 

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: CP/CM/BBT, OPKs, Supplements, Netflix and Chill

R/R: DH is working this weekend, but it gave me some time to make/can some peach jam and a few different pickles during the day. I also got in a lot of knitting and cleaning before we had a friend over for homemade pizza and a movie! Its the small things <3

CS/Q: My chart so far if you're wondering. I started OPKs on day 6 because I have a feeling I'm Oing very early or late. Using this month as an experiment.

• @kels0091 Welcome to he community! Hopefully your stay here is not okng. I don't have any advice about cancer, but I have known guys with only one testicle to have many children. 

@harrierwife Sounds like a lovely weekend! I love canning, especially apple butter. How long have your cycles been lately? An LP is not normally longer than 16 days.
  • @harrierwife "Netflix and chill" omg, love it :lol: And canned peach jam?! Yum.

@asupernovablizzardstorm Sorry vacation is over :( Always so hard to get back to the real world.

@kels0091 No experience personally, but welcome to the community.

CD: 5
    WAYDTGKU: PNV, HIO when hubs gets home from work trip in 10 days, starting OPKs this cycle.
    R/R: Dropped hubs off at the airport :( At least I have the dog to keep me company. I'm going to make a list of things to get done while he's gone to help pass the time.

In TTGP-related details, hubs gets home on CD15. As I've mentioned before, my cycles are SUPER irregular (33d all the way to 45d this past cycle) so I think CD12 is about when I should start using the OPKs with the understanding that I may be using them for like two weeks...But if this is a shorter cycle, I may O around the time hubs gets home, which would make for a fun reunion, haha.
  • **LURKING** @kels0091 my husband had testicular cancer, go ahead and PM me if you have any questions. 
  • @marebear15 - They've been averaging 26/27 days long, but no signs of Oing according to CP/CM/BBT so I cannot say for certain how long my LP is. My OB/GYN isn't concerned since AF is coming regularly and at a "normal" interval. She suggested I add OPKs if I wanted, but thinks my body may just need more time to regulate since coming off the nuvaring April 30th. Its just hard to be patient when it comes to this...

@Swiftlet - hah yeah - word on the street is that HIO was recoined N&C (Netflix and Chill) by another member and fell out of use. I'm gonna bring it back! 

And yeah, ended up making a batch of Peach jam, Peach/Plum/Ginger jam, and Apricot jam. I'll finish up the pickles this week. I stash jars and jars and jars of good stuff to give as gifts around the holidays with homemade bread or whatever. 
  • @harrierwife you're quickly becoming one of my favourite people. Peach jam?! Girrrllll you're speaking my language. 
    @ska8471 that book is on my list of things to read when I have the time. What kind of OPKs are you using? I have the cheapies but my last cycle was 49 days long so I go through them way too quickly. 
    @whiteswanblackswan I also love weekends for that same reason. Glad you got some R&R with YH, don't feel guilty for enjoying the down time! We were running around all weekend but had an unexpected afternoon off today so N&C it is. 
    @marebear15 FX for your CH! Sorry that cold is still lingering, hope you feel better soon!
    @nanner26 if that makes you an old lady, then I'm an old lady too. 
    @swiftlet sorry YH will be gone for so long. I'd lose my mind. 
    @asupernovablizzardstorm sorry your vacay is over already. Makes Mondays all that much harder to face too
    @kels0091 welcome! I'm sorry to hear about your BF. Sounds like they caught it early and hopefully the surgery was a success! I don't have any personal experience with testicular cancer but from everything I've read it sounds like it is definitely possible to conceive even with only one testicle.
    @swiftlet what's on your to-do list to keep you busy? We're here to try to take your mind off things too. Hope you can make the most of your reunion either way :wink: 

I'm late to the party this weekend so I'll post my update in tomorrow's WTO. Wanted to drop in and say hi to everyone though! 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• ska8471ska8471 member
    edited July 2018
    @kiki047 This is my first month using them, so I bought the Clear Blue Digital Ovulation Tests, that way I didn't have to guess. It had some guidelines about when to use according to cycle length but I jumped the gun a bit (cycle length -17=CD to start testing on). I have usually 32ish day cycles so I should have started on CD15, but I have no self control and started early, like CD 9 :| (mostly because I read somewhere to start testing at your first sign of fertile CM). It just gave me a smiley face (peak) on CD17,  2 days ago.

If this cycle isn't successful, I might need to switch to the cheapies...it was $48 Canadian for 20 tests :s