July 2018 Moms

The Great Facebook Debate

Re: The Great Facebook Debate

• babybump1994babybump1994 member
    edited July 2018
    Not sure my induction date yet, due tomorrow and will schedule at my appointment then. But either way, this app is way too frustrating so I don't mind moving before. I feel like I haven't posted much lately due to app issues. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes please! Also i personally would feel comfortable with people who have been participating throughout and not so much suddenly now appearing just for a facebook group.  @TalesOfASocialIntrovert I've been feeling the same way lately but yoh have been super active throughout this whole journey :)
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• What I've seen is two ways either a small group of regulars start the group and work on adding the other regulars by verifying post history such as needing to have x many posts or have been active for such a time frame since this is about the community we have already formed not about being there for outsiders. because there are plenty of other facebook groups they could join if they want to just jump in now. 

the other way is by voting once a solid group is established. 

Also I know that one person was the person people messaged their Real names too to get the invite so it wasn't just out in the open

• nimmlenimmle member

Also I know that one person was the person people messaged their Real names too to get the invite so it wasn't just out in the open
    That could work too to have one person designated to do the invites. People can send their name with a link to their facebook page since some of us could have really common names.
  • nimmle said:

That could work too to have one person designated to do the invites. People can send their name with a link to their facebook page since some of us could have really common names.
    Yup, that's what I suggested too,  so names are not public:)
  • @zande2016 I like that idea

• nimmlenimmle member
    @zande2016 I think that's a good call. Should we solicit volunteers/nominations for who should be admins?
  • +1 @zande2016

Is anyone up for volunteering as admins or should there be a vote for who the admins are?

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• I must be the only one who doesn't use the TB app for community. I exclusively use a web browser on my phone and never have issues (since my log in stuff was fixed a couple months back). It keeps track of where I've left off on threads, saves drafts, and while I can't exactly see any PMs, I also don't get PMs so that works.

I personally can't keep up with FB. I am more likely to stay involved here than there, so even if I do move over with you I will probably ghost. Sorry... :neutral:

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Same as @flockofmoosen3 except I wont be able to participate because I dont have fb, and as much as I love this group I dont love fb enough to reactivate my account. Glad to enjoy the group a little longer as the other mamas await the arrival of their LO's, and I understand the desire and need to switch over but will definitely miss you all!
  • I find Facebook easier to follow along with so I’m excited about moving! With my last bmb there was weeding out too but we ended up with a great group. There are def multiple admins too which I think is important. Laughing about the collander! 
  • Like what is going to be the cutoff for number of posts? I posted more a couple of months ago but I wold still check in and read posts. 
  • Any other regulars willing to be an admin? 

• Any other regulars willing to be an admin? 
    I can be. If no one else is willing
  • I can be!
  • I can be 
  • Definitely easier on fb for me buuuut I am thinking I probably became a random lurker since I moved back to my mom's so I understand if I'm not invited! Still love everyone and appreciate the support offered early on
  • @hayhay93 you are well established :) we all know you 

• Can anyone who volunteered to be an admin send me a pm with their name so I can add them to the group?

• I think we have enough admins but I can also help if needed. Can't wait to have the group! @hayhay93 we know you and you should definitely come along!
  • @lindsayleigh1989 I sent you a pm...if you received more than 1 from me, blame TB app...its my BF, that, wtf all rolled into one. @hayhay93 you're good, girl!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @zombiehoohaa sent you a reply it wouldn't let me FR you so I sent you my info. 

@acunamatada you should have a request from me. By the way you guys can feel free to unfriend me once we get the group set up if you want it just won't let me create the group without adding.

• @lindsayleigh1989 I hate that Facebook rule! I always add my mom or best friend, then just immediately remove them after it creates.
  • And846And846 member
    Only a few more ladies set for delivery, correct? 
  • Maybe we should start having people request to join the group (is that how we were going to do it?) and then we can start whatever vetting process/criteria to decide on letting people in? Are we going to base it on something like # of replies, or just vote based on general sense of participation? Do we want to establish a small group of regulars in the group first and then have people ask to join and the regulars can decide on admitting? I can’t remember if we came to some sort of consensus on this. But I think by the time we figure it all out, hopefully all of our mommas will have delivered so that we don’t actually transition over there until everyone’s shared their news. 
  • @lindsayleigh1989 thanks for getting the ball rolling on this!
  • @lindsayleigh1989 yes! Thank you for starting this! I’m excited for this next step for our group!!
  • Trying to catch up on this. Yay FB! Thanks @lindsayleigh1989 for getting it set up and all the ladies who volunteered for admin! 
  • nimmlenimmle member
    Thank you @lindsayleigh1989 for taking a lead on this and to everyone who volunteered. Hopefully not too much longer for me and the other late month ladies now so we can make the move.