Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Weekend 07/28-07/29

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle

CD/DPO

Timing

Typical LP length:

Testing

R/R

CS/Q

Re: TWW Weekend 07/28-07/29

• Month/Cycle: 17/15

CD/DPO: 15/1

Timing: -4, -2, O

Typical LP length:13-14

Testing: No

R/R: Needed to start this today. H and I had a disagreement on the way home from a friend's barbecue last night. I said I wanted to try last night, but he didn't want to. He was okay with the plan in the beginning of hio eod. He gets quiet when he is annoyed and it is such a PITA. I struggled with voicing my feelings, but I was able to. I explained that I am annoyed as well. I do the research, I track, I take the vitamins and it seems like I can't get him interested in DTD. I don't know if it worked, but he was able to rally. I don't think I will be able to get him back on the original plan though. He still seemed pretty annoyed when I went to bed. So if my app is wrong about the FW, then we are out.

Rave: I am going to a multicultural fest today with a couple of friends. I haven't been the past few years so it will be fun.

CS/Q: -
  • edited July 2018
    Waayyy too excited to be back here.

Month/Cycle: 13/8 (irregular ovulation)

CD/DPO: 13/1?

Timing: O (we think)

Typical LP length: 11 days

Testing: not yet

R/R: My cycles in the past were 21 - 41 days and ovulation was all over the place, but always around 11 days before next AF. Clomid regulated my cycles to 28/29 days, but my ovulation would be at CD 18 so no change in LP. Last month we started Femara and it regulated my cycles to 28 days AND ovulation CD 14, so LP was 14 days!! This month is my first femara cycle where we caught (and may have still missed) my ovulation, and this month ovulation was on CD 11, so we'll see how long my LP is this time around. 

Going to a concert tonight where there's a huge grass amphitheater and brining a picnic, so that's the plus side to yesterday's news that I'm some sort of anomaly. 

CS/Q: Anyone else experience regular menstrual cycles, yet ovulate on all kinds of different days?
    Me: 29 DW: 44
  • Loading the player...
  • @sheepshepherdess I’m confused by how what you’re saying is possible. If your cycle is always 28 days, and your LP is always consistent at 11 days (usually the most consistent part of your cycle), then you are always ovulating on CD17. The LP is the time after you ovulate until you get your next period. It’s not possible for your O to be so inconsistent but have regular LPs and cycle lengths.
  • Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD/DPO: 31/5 (I’m just going to pick an O day, could be between 3 and 5 dpo)

Timing: -3,-2,0,+1

Typical LP length: 12 days

Testing: Probably starting CD8 if my heart can take it 

R/R: Going to a housewarming party today! No rants!

CS/Q: I filled in a bunch of fake temps for ones that I missed while I was on vacation, in the same range as my other temps, to get FF to give me crosshairs. Now my chart looks extra beautiful but I know it’s partially fake! No doubt that my post-O temps are significantly higher than before so I don’t think I’m fooling myself.
  • @meri-Mac I had that same argument with my H recently. I do pretty much everything to figure out TTC, all I’m asking is that he wants to have sex just as much as before. I think TTC takes its toll on them too.
  • @meri-mac, I'm sorry you had a disagreement with your hubby.  I don't think they understand the emotional toll TTC takes on us.  My SO has a tendency to shut down when I'm trying to explain things too, so I know how frustrating that is.  The festival sounds like fun though!

@sheepshepherdess, I'm confused by your cycles too, although I'll admit I'm not that knowledgeable.  My cycles have been exactly 28/29 days since having my IUD taken out, and I believe I've ovulated on CD14 or CD15 every time also.  I hope you have an awesome time at the concert!

@dogmomma271, yay for housewarming parties!  Everyone has such fun weekend plans.  Question for you, do you test with the pregnancy test strips or do you use the digital tests from stores?  I bought a combo pack of ovulation test strips and pregnancy test strips, just not sure when I should test because I don't want to test early and be disappointed.  Although I'm feeling less optimistic about this cycle today :frown:.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Month/Cycle:  3/2

CD/DPO:  34/9 DPO

Timing: -1

Typical LP length: 13 or 14 days

Testing:  Going to take one tomorrow at 10 dpo.  Not expecting much.

R/R:  I really just don't want to work Mon and Tues.  Those are my last two days.  I'm just over it and ready to move on.  I don't remember if I talked about my whole PTO issue on here from when I took the 4th of July vacation, but I'm pretty annoyed about it.

CS/Q:  Open circle today because I had interrupted sleep.  But temp is up so hopefully that's a good sign.

• @meri-mac I totally understand your frustrations because DH and I have been through the same thing.  Like I'm doing all the work over here!  I hope it gets better and you guys can get on the same page.

@sheepshepherdess I agree with @dogmomma271 if your cycles are always the same length and your LP is the same, then ovulation day should be the same.

@dogmomma271 I had to put in a fake temp to get my CH's too since my temps were inflated due to being sick.
  • @kangstadt Well this is the first TWW where I’ve felt confident that I O’d and we had decent timing! I have a bunch of cheap pregnancy test strips that I plan to use early on when I’m not expecting much. I bought a pack of 3 digitals that I only plan to use if I get a positive on a cheapie or if AF is a few days late.
    @sparklingdiamond FX that temp rise means all the good things!!
  • @dogmomma271 How does your chart look now?
  • @meri-mac hope Your O day stays where it is, sorry DH and you are struggling to be on the same page.
    @sheepshepherdess I get you on the annoying moving days. I was ovulating D18-19 pretty consistent but my LP kept moving around, then this month I O CD 16. Ugh, still ended up with good timing but like really!? Enjoy your concert !!!
    @sparklingdiamond I missed you vacay issue, but I hope your last two days are better than expected.

Month/Cycle: 2/2(13 overall with 5 benched)

CD/DPO: 23/7

Timing: -4,-1,O

Typical LP length: 12-15

Testing: Friday if I can hold out

R/R: Rave-Last night while at a concert DH and I decided to sponsor a third world child. We were handed a folder and the birthday is a very significant date to us. It made our choice that much cooler.

CS/Q:  Nothing really to see. I stopped temping because I started my progesterone Thursday.

Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @kindbytealikat Awww that is so awesome of you!  I love when things just work out like that.
  • @dogmomma271 @sparklingdiamond I'm sorry, I said it wrong. Going back to edit.
  • @meri-mac I’m sorry your H isn’t really feeling the DTD. It can be frustrating for sure. It seems like you had pretty good timing so I’ll keep FX!

@sheepshepherdess – Fingers crossed the LP is longer this time! Have fun at the concert!

@dogmomma271 – Timing looks good whatever day O was! Enjoy the party!

@sparklingdiamond – Your chart looks great! FX for good news tomorrow

@kindbytealikat – What an amazing thing to do with sponsoring a child! How cool that the birthday was a little nod from the universe. :smile:

• Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 27/8

Timing: O-5, O-3, O-2, O

Typical LP length:9/10 days

Testing: Tomorrow but I expect nothing, I'm already feeling a little crampy.

R/R: No rants! I had this week off work and took two mini trips - one to Vermont and one to Gettysburg. Picked blueberries at a farm this morning and am about to make some blueberry cobbler. All sunshine and roses today. :)

CS/Q: What do you all consider Good or High timing?
  • @sparklingdiamond Keep in mind, all the temps with notes were made up lol. The main thing is I don’t know temps for CD 27 and 28 to know when it shifted, but went with the earliest O date to help the TWW go by a little faster in my head :lol:

• @literatureandink The pro version of FF says Good or High timing under the pregnancy monitor. I think Good is 3 days of the FW and High is 4?
  • @dogmomma271 Thanks and I am jealous of your timing! I hope you enjoyed the housewarming!

@kangstadt It was a very fun festival. I bought a lovely satin summer halter dress and we ate butter chicken, an African veggie platter, a pork kabob and a fruit tart. It was so delicious.

@sparklingdiamond Thanks. He is hard to read sometimes so we will see. Fx for your timing and I hope your last 2 days go by quickly.

@literatureandink Oh wow your timing is great. Fx for you and your day sounds amazing. It is rainy here, but everything is lush and verdant.
  • Month/Cycle: 9/10

CD/DPO: 17/6

Timing: -5,-4,-3,-2,-1,O

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: Aug 3rd or 4th

R/R: Rave:  Had a great day visiting some family yesterday and it’s a gorgeous weekend!

CS/Q
  • @meri-mac Hugs (if you want it)
  • Sorry for the late replies all.

@meri-mac I'm sorry about your H, that would really spin me into crazy land. "They" always say TTC can put so much strain on relationships, but to actually have it happen always gets me down.

@dogmomma271 hope I didn't put you off too much with my bad communication skills. GL this round testing, your timing does look spectacular.

@kangstadt I am extremely jealous of your regular cycles and O days! I agree with not testing too early, I wait until 14dpo b/c I usually see AF before then. Saves the double-heartache of first BFN, then AF. The concert was great! Did you get to do anything fun this weekend?

@sparklingdiamond last 2 days, as in you're leaving this job? Did they not give you PTO for the vacation? Hoping that temp rise is a good sign!

@kindbytealikat it's awesome that you could get good timing even with your O day moving around! What kind of progesterone are you taking?

@literatureandink Ooh, blueberry picking sounds so much fun! I'm always upset when we can't pass food across the internet to each other, because blueberry cobbler would make my morning a million times better.

@Sparty18 your timing and temps look great, fx this cycle. 

• @dogmomma271 But your post O temps do look good!

@sheepshepherdess Yes I am leaving my current job.  I took some vacation over July 4th and thought I had enough PTO.  I unexpectedly got shorted around $500 on my paycheck and my boss said I didn't have enough. The policy at my job has typically been you work overtime during tax season and you can take that time off later as PTO.  I added up all the overtime I worked plus what I earn normally through my paychecks and had more than enough.  I wrote it all out and showed my boss, but he still hasn't looked at it yet.

My temp is up again today, but not sure if it's because I had a couple drinks last night or because it actually went up.  I took a test.  First response was negative.  I think the cheapie was negative too, but I have TERRIBLE line eye.

• @meri-mac, I have a slight obsession with summer dresses!  And fruit tarts are one of my favorite desserts.  Yum!

@sheepshepherdess, of course, since I'm not tracking BBT, I could be completely off about my actual O day.  Who knows!  We are currently on vacation in the Poconos, so it's been very relaxing!  I'm trying not to obsess too much about this cycle, although I'm losing my optimism.  Definitely forcing myself to wait to see if AF is late before testing.  You're completely right about the double heartache!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 25/11

Timing: Good, I think.

Typical LP length: Roughly 14/15.

Testing: Next Sunday.

R/R: Rant: Third day in a row with a migraine while we are supposedly on vacation.  Ugh!  I know it's probably my own fault for drinking some caffeinated tea, but does anyone else suffer migraines mid cycle?  For me they seem to be caffeine and sinus or stress related mostly, although tracking them in my TTC app has shown a trend towards around my period and around ovulation.  Anyone else experience this?  Rave: Beautiful weather this weekend and I've almost finished two books in the down time.  Yay for mini vacations :smile: !

CS/Q: None, except migraine related one :relaxed:.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sheepshepherdess No worries at all - I am by no means an expert. I’m glad that Femara has helped to regulate your cycles and lengthen your LP! I have really irregular cycles too due to PCOS so I know how it makes it that much harder to know what’s going on!
    @sparklingdiamond Ugh sorry your boss is being a pain. Hopefully it all gets sorted out and you can get full PTO! FX for you that’s its just too early still. Does drinking normally affect your temps much? I know that it can, but haven’t noticed a significant difference in my temps the next morning.
    @kangstadt I’m sorry you’re having migraines :disappointed: I don’t have any experience with them but hope you get some relief soon!
  • @dogmomma271 Sometimes it does seem to affect and it sometimes it doesn't.  I think it depends mostly on how much I drink and really what time I drank it.
  • Just got my CHs, so I'm popping over here with yall!

Month/Cycle
    : 3/3

CD/DPO: 21/3

Timing: -3, -1, 0, +1

Typical LP length: 9 last cycle

Testing: 10dpo 

R/R: My "cold" turned out to be a flu that's knocked me down this weekend. I feel awful...

CS/Q

• @sparklingdiamond That is horrible about the PTO, I hope you can get your boss to acknowledge the numbers.

@kangstadt Your vacation sounds lovely! Minus the migraine. I used to have headaches the week before AF and the week leading to O, but they've gone away since I stopped drinking caffeine... not what anyone wants to hear  ;)

@dogmomma271 Sorry you have irregular cycles too! Has temping helped you keep track of them or find any consistency? Or has just seeing when temps rise/fall helped w/timing?

@marebear15 Ugh, hope you feel better soon, flus are the worst IMO.
  • @sheepshepherdess my OB has me doing progesterone vag suppositories after I ovulate because of my history, which you can see in my signature if your desktop. 
    @kangstadt I have been getting migraines since my early 20(in my mid 30s now), and I can tell you mine are almost 100% hormones related. I have had them almost daily for a couple months every time I’ve stopped hormonal birth control, or tried switching type. I have found one BC pill that prevents them mostly. When TTC after a couple months the stopped being daily but I still have a chance of getting them the week before I ovulate, talk about frustrating for HIO.
    @marebear15 oh no feel better!
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @sheepshepherdess Temping and OPK’s help some to know what’s going on, but most of the time while WTO I’m just in the mindset that I could O at anytime, or never. The timing I can only really figure out after hopefully confirming O. My cycles are becoming gradually more normal (75 days, 63 days, this one should be 39), which I’m hoping is due to supplements I’m taking to regulate hormones and not just random. I have a high testosterone level, hence the PCOS. 
  • Thanks @dogmomma271, I don't have one today so fingers crossed!

@marebear15, so sorry you're feeling under the weather!  Hope you feel better this week.

@sheepshepherdess, glad to hear they've gone away for you.  I stopped drinking caffeine for awhile, just have an occasional cup of decaf tea now and then.  It's amazing what products they sneak caffeine or green tea into nowadays!

@kindbytealikat, as much as it sucks to deal with, I'm glad someone else has a similar hormonal link to them.  Makes me feel a little less crazy.  It definitely stinks though!  My H always teases that DTD is great for getting rid of headaches :lol:.  Usually they prevent it more than anything!
    Pregnancy Ticker