March 2019 Moms
Options

Week 4 Check-in (7/23)

This check in is for ladies with due dates 3/24-3/31.

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: How are you planning to tell others about your pregnancy? Have you told anyone yet? 

Re: Week 4 Check-in (7/23)

• Options
    shrubshrub member
    Due date: 
    Mar 31 (havent been to the Dr. yet, may change)
    Going to make my appointment today. I found out last week right before my oldest had her tonsils and adenoids removed so it's been crazy since then. I am going to inquire about a VBA2C. Not sure if they'll go for it.
    How are you feeling?: 
    Crampy but otherwise fine. Very moody. 
    GTKY: How are you planning to tell others about your pregnancy? Have you told anyone yet? 
    We haven't told anyone except my mom asked 2 days ago if I was pregnant. I was so caught off guard I yelled "NO!"
    I was thinking of doing that thing where you pose for a big family photo and tell everyone while they're saying "Cheese". Those are super cute.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @auburnvelvet86 My school of thought is this: Would I tell this person if I lost this pregnancy? If they are someone I would turn to support in that situation, then I tell them. I can’t imagaine not telling anyone until halfway through my pregnancy. I’m sorry you have to wait so long for an ultrasound. 

• Options
    Due date: EDD 3/29

Any appointments? Questions?:  My first appointment isn't until 8/20.  I'm a little jealous of the ladies getting ultrasounds at 6 or 7 weeks - I had that my last pregnancy but this new doctor I'm seeing doesn't even see moms until they are 9-10 weeks.  

How are you feeling?: Crabby!  Like, super crazy crabby today.  I know I'm not being logical but can't help it.  Other than that, a little cramping.  And super hungry. 

GTKY: How are you planning to tell others about your pregnancy? Have you told anyone yet? I cannot keep this kind of thing a secret.  So far I've told my 2 best friends, my book club, and 3 people at work (boss and co supervisors).  My parents live out of state and they are coming to town on Tuesday so I am going to tell them then.  I'll see one of my brothers Saturday and tell him.  We just got DD a shirt that says promoted to big sister and I'll have her wear that.  I am going on vacation 8/1 - 8/6 so I'm thinking once I'm back from that I'll tell the rest of my office.  I'm going to make cookies with pink and blue frosting and put them in the break room with a sign that says "Pink and Blue, Pink and Blue, Somebody's Pregnant.  Can you guess who?"
  • Options
    Due date: March 24

Any appointments? Questions?: Appointment scheduled Aug 20, 9 weeks.

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. Boobs hurt. Very bloated. Nauseous on and off. Winded. Fatigued, so fatigued.

GTKY: How are you planning to tell others about your pregnancy? Have you told anyone yet? I hope to tell my parents this weekend. I found a "Super Sister" shirt for my daughter. My husband's birthday is Sunday, so I'm hoping to pop over there to celebrate, make sure A is in her shirt, not say anything, and wait for someone to catch on. I haven't told anyone, but I've come very close. My husband told our friends this past weekend. I think we are planning a trip to Alabama in September to tell his family.
  • Options
    shrubshrub member
    @auburnvelvet86 I would tell her. Maybe explain your fears about making it public until after your US but tell her that you didn't want to wait for HER to know.

• Options
    shrubshrub member
    @kapowfal we did that announcing our second. It was so fun and hilarious. My mom read the shirt and still didnt catch on. My one friend was like "you know she'll be a sister already?!" And I had to explain that no matter the sex of the second, she will be a sister either way. It was really funny. 

• Options
    @auburnvelvet86 - I agree with @shrub. If you want to tell her in person, tell her at the visit. I would specifically note your concerns about the ultrasound and say that you wanted to be able to tell her in person, so you're telling her before you see the baby, but ask her to keep a lid on it until you call and give the all clear from your ultrasound appointment and know everything's ok. I know it might be risky, but hopefully impressing on her why you want to wait will sway things your way. GL with whatever you decide to do!
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    Due date: 
    March 31

Just scheduled my first appointment for August 20th. It’s with a new provider so I’m not sure if we will have a dating US or not. 

How are you feeling?:
    Fine, very little symptoms. With my first my breast hurt so badly immediately, and I’m not feeling that at all this time around. A little more tired in the evenings but unsure if it’s just the fact that it’s hot, humid, and I’m chasing around a 2 year old or the whole pregnancy thing. 

Haven’t decided yet! Going on vacation next week with my parents and would like to think of a cute way to tell them but I can’t come up with anything. 
  • Options
    luckywife10luckywife10 member
    edited July 2018
    Due date: 4-1, I had DS 4 days early so I'm thinking I may go early this time too, just my luck I'll be a week over due though, ha.

Any appointments? Questions?: Just made my first appointment for Sept 10. That feels like forever away!

How are you feeling?: Pretty decent! A little naseous throughout the day and some cramping. I have a little headache too.

GTKY: How are you planning to tell others about your pregnancy? Have you told anyone yet?  I got a shirt for DS that says "I'm the big Brother". I plan on putting it on him when we tell our parents and siblings (let DS wear the shirt until someone notices). For DS, my mom and MIL knew a week after my BFP. I think we'll hold back and telling family for a while because H wants to wait.

Edited for typo
  • Options
    kaykayseakaykaysea member
    edited July 2018
    Due date: 
    EDD is either 3/26 or 3/28 depending on LMP or OD. I'm going with 3/28 until a doctor tells me otherwise. 

First appointment is 8/15. I just assumed there would be an u/s since I'll be right around 8w. Now I'm crossing my fingers for one. 

How are you feeling?:
    Bloated. Constantly. Gassy also. Occasional queasiness but mostly when I'm hungry or in the afternoons though it hit me twice today. Sometimes it lessens when I burp. My boobs aren't crazy sore but are huge already and that is making me super nervous about how much more they will grow. They weren't small to begin with but I could probably go up a cup size and I'm 5 weeks. I would prefer they decide to stay where they're at. 

We aren't the type to do something grand. DH would probably refuse if I tried something elaborate. Which is fine because that sounds like a lot of thought and work to me. As for timing, we are actually making calls tonight. I may have tried to wait a bit longer but I have a friend coming to visit and I'm normally a drinker so she would know. Plus I subscribe to the theory that there's no reason not to tell those who I would tell of a loss and just ask them not to share. So after tonight our complete inner circle will have the news. As I typed that it felt way more real. I'm still weirded out a bit. 
  • Options
    Due date: 3/26 based on LMP or 3/28 based on ovulation... I'm sticking with 3/26 cause I know that's what my doctor's office will go with. Also, hi @kaykaysea, we seem to be cycle twins :)

Any appointments? Questions?: I see my endocrinology NP tomorrow to talk about my thyroid, no prenatal appts til 8/7. 

How are you feeling?: Not too bad, mainly tired and aggravated! Haha. Nausea has arrived but isn't severe yet, although the worse it gets, honestly the less I worry about this pregnancy :)

GTKY: How are you planning to tell others about your pregnancy? Have you told anyone yet? My parents know, but that's it. *TW loss mentioned* I wasn't planning to tell my mom for a few more weeks, but I broke down and called her last week to tell her because I was just all tangled up in emotions about being pregnant again after my loss. She asked if she could tell my dad, and I was fine with that so she told him. *end TW*  Everyone else is gonna have to wait a while, DH and I haven't decided when or how we want to tell people, and I'm fine with waiting!

@auburnvelvet86 With my last pregnancy I hesitated to tell my mom too, cause she's also the type to have trouble with keeping a secret! But she surprised me and didn't even tell my dad until I gave her permission. Like others have said maybe emphasizing the reasons you want her to keep it to herself will help? I definitely understand wanting to tell her in person, but if you're worried about word getting out before you're comfortable, phone calls or skype/facetime can be special ways to share news too!
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Due date: 3/31 (according to LMP) 

Any appointments? Questions?:  Appointment scheduled for Aug 24th! 

How are you feeling?: Bloated, tired (so tired!), a little crampy on and off, breasts are getting sore and I’m cranky, hah! 

GTKY: How are you planning to tell others about your pregnancy? Have you told anyone yet?  We already told our immediate family at DDs birthday party over the weekend. She opened a gift with a “big sister” shirt. I was nervous to tell so early but it’s not often DH and I have both our immediate families in one room and I figured if (heaven forbid) something happened I would want their support anyway. It was fun! 
  • Options
    tier1791tier1791 member
    edited July 2018

Due date:  3/28

Any appointments? Questions?:  Our first appointment is on 8/7 right when we get back from vacation!

How are you feeling?: So so sleepy most of the time.
    I work from home so it has been hard to be motivated to get much done. My boobs hurt a little, and my knees and legs ache constantly. Other than those things, I’m doing well.

GTKY: How are you planning to tell others about your pregnancy? Have you told anyone yet? We are gonna see DH’s parents tomorrow. We’re giving both sets of grandparents a pacifier with a cutsie note to go with it. My husband is an only child and this is our first so I know his parents will be so excited! We’re going on vacation with my family next week. My mom’s birthday is the last night of vacation and we’re gonna surprise my parents then. My DH wants us to wait towards the end of vacation. It’s gonna be really hard waiting to tell them to the end of the week because my mom picks up on things very easily lol. My sister is also pregnant right now though, and my mom gets on to her anytime she puts something other than a fruit or vegetable in her mouth. With us being on vacation, eating healthy can get tricky lol.
    Right now, my sister knows, my best friend, and my husband’s best friend. They were super excited for us!
    *Ticker Warning*
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    sejicasejica member
    Due date: 3/25, until a dating us tells me otherwise

Any appointments? Questions?: my first appt is 8/6, on my late MIL's birthday.

How are you feeling?: Awful. I'm pretty sure dd and I have hfm, on top of all the usual early first tri stuff.

GTKY: How are you planning to tell others about your pregnancy? Have you told anyone yet? For most of my extended family the goal is to finally send thank you notes for my now 13 month old's shower/baby gifts with a note that dd can't wait to pass them down in march to her new sibling. But I've also already told like 100 people - my local new mom support group friends, my fb June17 moms, the checkout clerk, my mom, my FIL. As soon as I see people in person I can't help but share.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @sejica - ugh, sorry you are dealing with HFM.  My DD and I both had it end of May and it sucks a lot!  Hope you guys get a mild case and feel better soon.

• Options
    Due date: March 29th

Any appointments? Questions?: I had an appt yesterday. It was really weird. This is my 4th pregnancy and it's the first time I have ever come in before 8 weeks. All they did was a pregnancy test. It was sort of a waste of time.

How are you feeling?: Nauseous and tired but good.

GTKY: How are you planning to tell others about your pregnancy? Have you told anyone yet? We haven't told anyone yet. I will get a book about babies to tell our kids and then let them tell the grandparents. I'm finding it hard not to say anything but since this is my last I am trying to think of it as my little secret for awhile.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Bonnesetter27 That is strange that they had you come in just for a pregnancy test. I had to go to a lab to get a pregnancy test done, but won’t go into the dr office until 8 weeks. 
  • Options
    Due date: 3/29

Any appointments? Questions?: Had the appointment today to confirm pregnancy and get setup with the next 2 appointments. "Health Interview" on 8/27 and first ultrasound on 9/14.

How are you feeling?: I've been pretty tired lately and today I'm cramping.

GTKY: How are you planning to tell others about your pregnancy? Have you told anyone yet? DH knows of course. With DD we told both sets of parents the weekend we found out because we were moving into a new house and I didn't want to lift super heavy things so it almost had to be told. DH said & I agreed that we want to keep this one a secret as long as we can. Probably have to tell my MIL so she can watch DD when we go to the first ultrasound so there's 7 weeks to figure out what we're going to say. I'd love to do something cute with DD to announce it but I don't want to do something that has been overdone....
  • Options
    Due date: 3/27

Just scheduled my first appointment for 8/20! I’m in a new state with a new provider and new hospital so I’m a little worried about that, but hoping this practice will be a good fit. 

How are you feeling?: 
    tired, nauseous, grumpy, tired lol

We were up in our home state visiting when I got the positive so we told my parents, my sister and BIL, and our closest friends in person there. I’ll tell my boss around the 12w mark, and then we’ll probably do some sort of Disney announcement for Facebook after that. This is baby #3 so we’re old news. 
  • Options
    Due date: March 29

Not until 9/7. My midwife is also a “less is more”. 

How are you feeling?: Normal, though I’ve been having trouble sleeping. I also have been having heat flashes, though today is a nice cool day and I’m freezing, lol. I need it to be exactly 74 for my body to be happy.

I told my BFF, but that’s it so far. My FIL is in Greece and I originally wanted to wait until he was back (9/8), but I also don’t want to wait that long, we’ve been trying for so long that I really just want to celebrate with everyone. DH was suggesting to mention it to his mom when she leave to join him next week. I have no fancy plans made. I did that for 1 and 2, definitely feeling a lot more lazy this time. 
  • Options
    @diaphena HI! my cycle is a little short, so my numbers are the other way around but it's crazy that our two estimates landed on the same days!! I'm really glad someone started these week groups because I kept reading posts by people who are farther along and was wanting to have more access to people in the same week or due date. 

Does anyone else have difficulty with the app on the phone? I find it slow and difficult to navigate. 
  • Options
    @kaykaysea oh derp I read what you said wrong lol but yeah, still neat! My cycles are slightly on the long side so makes sense we'd have the same dates but flipped. I also really like the due date checkins, especially because we are all so early compared to the ladies at the beginning of the month.

Also I'm usually on the mobile app cause my work blocks most websites, and it is definitely glitchy. Sometimes to the point of being unusable.
  • Options
    @diaphena YES with the glitchy! I also don't go on the website at work not just because they block but i don't want them finding out that i'm pregnant by seeing what websites i'm on during lunch. Thus, it's likely I'll be mostly checking in on weekends.
  • Options
    Due date: 3.25

Any appointments? Questions?: First appointment is on August 8th. 

How are you feeling?: Fine. Just very tired. Usually queasy in the mornings & exhausted by the late afternoon.

I’m a weirdo who doesn’t like telling people. I don’t really show until about 5-6 months so I keep it private until then. This is my 3rd so maybe I will show earlier, but I’d like to hold off telling anyone until the 20-week anatomy scan guarantees that everything is a-ok. I’m truly unexcited about saying anything at work—I feel like it’s none of their business lol!
  • Options
    Due date:March 31

Any appointments? Questions?: I have a pregnancy confirmation appointment on the 7th. It's just a test, I'm sure, but it's with a new office and a midwife instead of an OB, so I am VERY VERY excited to get to do things my way instead of a ton of intervention.

How are you feeling?: Exhausted. Nervous. Nipples are sore if touched and noticed very light, bright red spotting when I wiped today. Hardly any cramping anymore though. Very bloated. 

GTKY: How are you planning to tell others about your pregnancy? Have you told anyone yet? I am terrified to miscarry, so I am waiting to tell my children until I know the coast is clear. I am not sure how my mom will react - we are close but she is SO judgmental. No time will ever be right for me to have a baby. I'm 28 and my kids are 8 and 6. They've been begging for a sibling for over 3 years. Birthday and Christmas present requests are always, "a brother or sister." I have been trying for two years. Never miscarried or anything so I don't really have that much to worry about I guess, but I don't want to have to put these kids into therapy if it happens. 

I have a family reunion on August 25th so I'd like to tell my distant relatives and my dad that day, but my mom deserves to know first. 
  • Options
    Due date: March 25, 2019

Any appointments? Questions?: I had my first OB appointment on Monday and got an unofficial edd of 3/25 based off the US.  It's all really tiny still and they didn't have the greatest u/s machine so we couldn't see much but there was a HB flickering! I'm already freaking out that I have to wait another 4 weeks for my next appointment.

How are you feeling?: Exhausted all the time but having horrible insomnia.  Complete aversion to chicken suddenly too.  Just trying to eat better.

GTKY: How are you planning to tell others about your pregnancy? Have you told anyone yet? I haven't planned it out yet.  My mother and two of my close friends are the only people who know right now.
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    Due date: 
    March 31

First one is 8/20 so still have awhile to wait.

How are you feeling?: 
    Still pretty good! A little bit of RLP which is surprising because I didn’t have any until the second trimester.

We told my parents and will probably tell DH’s with DS wearing a shirt that says big brother. Nothing too exciting.