November 2018 Moms

Daily GTKY 7/20: TV

Happy Friday ladies! I know there are varying degrees of addiction out there but if you had to pick your favorite TV show, what would it be? (multiples are fine too if you just can't decide :) )

Re: Daily GTKY 7/20: TV

• bkosybkosy member
    Outlander! Currently reading the books. On number 5 :)
  • I'm currently super into Orange is the New Black, Shameless and Black Mirror.  

I also watch Game of Thrones (it's not at all my normal kind of show, but my husband loves it and I enjoy it) religiously.  Stranger Things is pretty good, too.

I'm the past, my favorite shows were House (though the later seasons were pretty stupid) and The X-Files.

I also really like some other shows: Chopped, My 600 Pound Life, Forged in Fire and (for cheesy drama) 90 Day Fiance.  I don't go out of my way to watch them, but if they're on TV, I'll tune in.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Loading the player...
  • lostarz14lostarz14 member
    edited July 2018
    Loved Parenthood and Breaking Bad! Also a big fan of Shameless and Call the Midwife (PBS).  I also really liked Gossip Girl lol.

Currently loving The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu) and Peaky Blinders (Netflix).

Waiting for Game of Thrones to come back and finish that up.

We haven't had cable for like 5 years or something.  I kind of miss the trashy shows on Bravo or the Style Network (I think that was it - I used to watch some hair salon show based in New Jersey lol).
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • All-time fave is anything on HGTV. I also love Younger! 

@lostarz14 I want to watch The Handmaid's Tale but I'm kind of scared? 
  • @ginny_203, yeah there were a few episodes where I was like uh, do I want to keep watching this?  But I powered through lol.
  • smulrich16smulrich16 member
    edited July 2018
    I won't embarrass myself by going over the whole list of shows that are set to record on our DVR, but I will highlight a few of my favorites: 

NCIS (super-sad that Abby left the show)
    NCIS: New Orleans
    Game of Thrones
    Supergirl
    Chicago Med, Fire, PD
    This is Us
    Suits

Guilty Pleasure: The Voice

I refer to the characters on these shows as my friends and before every finale I always tell my husband that I'm sad that I won't be able to hang out with my friends for a while. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • oooh impossible to choose just one! I guess it would be Southern Charm, but also love the RHOC/RHONY.. orange is the new black, below deck.. I guess I'm a sucker for things that make me not have to think hard after a long day! 
  • My favorite show of all time is Gilmore Girls followed closely by Friends and House.

I'll pretty much watch anything, though. Greys Anatomy, Scandal, Chicago Fire, This is Us, Supernatural, Handmaid's Tale, New Girl, American Housewife, Jane the Virgin... I have some seriously low standards when it comes to TV, haha.

My absolute favorite thing to watch, though, is true crime and historical documentaries.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I’m obsessed with all that crap on TLC, especially 90 day Fiancé lol. Dr Pimple Popper, 

shameless
    GOT
    Outlander
    This is Us 
    Anything on food network or hgtv

This summer I just recently got into, like, learning about earth shows lol. 
    Expedition unknown
    extinct or alive
    the curse of Oak Island
    Coopers Treasure 

• bkosybkosy member
    @emjohn517 I love The Curse of Oak Island. I'm always rooting for them to find a chest of treasure, but the realistic part of me doubts they will!
  • Also curious, for Gone Girl/Gillian Flynn fans, has anyone started watching the Sharp Objects mini series on HBO? 
  • @ginny_203 no but I want to!
  • @ginny_203 ooh that makes me wish we had HBO. I love her writing. 

I watch pretty much anything that repeats over and over on cable these days (Big Bang, Anything from the Bachelor, HGTV stuff, etc). I want to watch so many of the shows y'all mentioned, but our apple tv is messed up and makes it so difficult to watch from bed. We are replacing that tv with a smart tv when we move, so I am hopeful I can start watching a few of the series on Netflix and Hulu. Our other tv's are in the playroom and living room and I just don't like curling up there at night. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Ohhhh I can’t pick one.

My absolute favorites have been; Handmaids Tale, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Shameless

Currently watching: Baskets and Glow. I’ve been enjoying both. Suits just started back up so I will watch that as well.

Guilty Pleasure: Almost all Real Houswife shows. Im also addicted to 90 day Fiancé 
  • MouseMama817MouseMama817 member
    edited July 2018
    I have 3 all-time favorites that I watch on a loop-- The Office, Friends, Parks & Rec. I start on one, watch all the seasons, move onto the next one, watch all the seasons, rinse & repeat. It never gets old.

I also love Stranger Things, The Handmaids Tale, Black-ish, The Goldbergs, Grey's, Scandal, Chopped, and Splitting Up Together.

ETA I really loved Sharper Objects (the book). I don't have HBO but I'm super intrigued to see it. Does anyone know if HBO shows can be watched on Prime? I don't have that membership either lol but we borrow my BIL's login for tv sometimes.
  • I'm hoping to watch some of Sharper Objects this weekend and I'll let you all know how it is! Amy Adams plays the lead so I'm sure it will be good! 

@MouseMama817 There is HBO access available through Amazon Prime for an extra fee. Any chance your BIL has that connected? 
  • @MouseMama817 if your BIL has HBO that login should work.  We borrow a friend's cable login to get to HBOGO.
  • I'm not sure if he does or not but I'm going to check. The book was so dark, I'm sorta nervous to see it on-screen but I love Amy Adams. 
  • @ginny_203 I liked the sharp objects book so I’m excited to hear how you think the show is! 

I love Gilmore Girls, Parenthood, Friday Night Lights. Currently catching up on greys on Netflix and my guilty pleasure are shows like pretty little liars, riverdale and gossip girl. Also love a good bravo housewives marathon! 
  • We are watching Sharp Objects - I read the book a few months back - and it’s a bit slow (they could definitely done it in less than 8 episodes) but very well written and acted. As others have said it’s quite dark (deals with substance abuse, self harm and obviously the plot surrounds the abduction/murder of children). I’m definitely into it, and I think I appreciate it more having read the book 

• If i had to choose just one... Criminal Minds
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Oh goodness sooo many shows...
    Supernatural
    Stranger Things
    Handmaids Tale (still haven't seen 2nd season though)
    GoT
    Pretty much ALL the DC & Marvel superhero based shows 
    Doctor Who (although haven't seen any season since Matt Smith left)
    ... I can go on :D 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• I love cooking shows! Anything on Food Network. Chopped is a favorite of mine, and I've been watching Sugar Rush/Nailed It on Netflix. 

Outside of food shows...I love Big Bang, Doctor Who, and for reality TV, America's Got Talent 
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• @josie12367 Me toooooo! I really enjoyed Sugar Rush (I binge watched it pretty quickly, oops). Did you watch Zumbo's Just Desserts? That was a good one too! 
    Besides food shows, some of my favorite shows are Gilmore Girls, House, and Boy Meets World. I haven't found a ton of shows lately that I've enjoyed watching, but I really liked Life Sentence on Netflix. 

@lurvleybunchococonuts I keep trying to watch Supernatural but I can't get past the very first episode with the creepy demon over the baby crib.  :/ I think I need to push through it to get past that episode. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @offtoneverland understandable. The show gets crazy but it's so bad it's good. I love it for the absurdity of the story line. 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• edited July 2018
    @firsttimespartanmom thanks for bringing up one of my favorites, Friday Night Lights. I’ve watched it the whole way through twice. I think the only other one I may do that with is Parenthood. 

I still will also watch reruns of Sex and the City whenever it’s on.

editing because I remembered another great one, Big Little Lies. Love!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• bkosybkosy member
    @josie12367 what is sugar rush? It sounds like something I would enjoy!
  • @mockingjay1 how could I have forgotten about criminal minds! I had to stop watching it briefly when I lived alone because I had nightmares watching so many episodes. So good. 
  • @emjohn517 omgggg I watched Dr. Pimple Popper for the first time-- haunted me!
  • @mockingjay1 @firsttimespartanmom used to be obsessed with criminal minds! so many nightmares though  :#
  • @bkosy It's a challenge show that has four teams to start, and they get eliminated add it goes along.. with two teams ending up in a cake challenge. There's usually a themed first round, then a candy round within two hours. If they finish earlier then that time is added onto their cake round time. Inn making it sound way more complicated than it is!  :D

@offtoneverland Yes! Zumbo is great... and I kind of have a crush on him and his Aussie accent 

Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• Tv is definitely my guilty pleasure. Alltime favorite show is Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Can’t get enough of it. I also really love GoT. Followed by stranger things, Greys, the office, handmaids tale, one tree hill, new girl, anything HGTV. My husband and I are currently watching the show the 100. We actually Netflix and chill.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ginny_203 Yes to watching Sharp Objects - although I'm not sure how I feel about it yet! 
    *Signature TW*

TTC#1 October 2014

BFP: November 2014, DS born via c-section July 2015 

TTC#2 December 2016

BFP: 12/23/16- No heartbeat at 8 weeks, D&C 01/30/17 

BFP: 03/11/17- Chemical 03/15/2017

BFP: 04/17/17- Chemical 04/22/2017 

05-10/2017 - RPL Testing/Septum Resection Surgery

11/2017-03/2018 3 Natural cycles / 2 TIC w/ trigger shot 

BFP: 03/29/18, Rainbow Baby Boy Due late November/ early December 2018  <3

• So I watched the first two episodes of Sharp Objects this weekend. @honeybeebub Agreed! I'm not sold on it just yet and had I not read the book I might not be super compelled to finish the miniseries at this point, but I'm going to finish it just to see how all the craziness goes down on screen :) 
  • bkosybkosy member
    edited July 2018
    @josie12367 I have watched almost the whole season of Sugar Rush already lol thank you!