December 2018 Moms

UO Thursday 7/26

It’s already Thursday!

**June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg

Re: UO Thursday 7/26

• Loading the player...
  • hkomhkom member
    @katy0990  I totally agree.  We found out at the a/s, but it's really not going to change anything we do.  We were just curious!  If it had been a girl, I may have bought some flowery sleepers or something, but pretty much everything I've bought or registered for is neutral, and the nursery would have been decorated the same way for either outcome.

BabyFruit Ticker

• ugh yes @jens_hoes We are in the market for a new car and DH has been trying to get me on board with a minivan. I told him if we get that he's driving it and I'm keeping my mazda 3. He said no because he drives a lot more then I do. I don't want one!
    I did cave and offer to look and when we were quoted DANNNGG those things are expensive now!! I thought they were these ugly monsters no one likes so they were supposed to be dirt cheap?! 
  • @katy0990 We did the same thing a registered all gender neutral for our first.  I have enough clothes to make it to 6 months for this little boy wearing his sister handme downs.  If we are still in this house we will use the same nursery but oddly when DD was born we had two houses, in different states with different themes neutral nurseries. (In a new house he will get the other theme because DD loves her elephants). We did find out the gender for both our babies.  My husband and I love having a secret.  We did a little balloon reveal at my shower for DD.  This time it seems to slip out more but it’s not like it is with a first and everyone wants to buy buy buy!!!
  • edited July 2018
    @katy0990 I agree that team green is not a restriction! While we know we’re having a boy, we may adopt a girl in the future - it’ll be nice that the babies can share silly clothes.

@Jens_Hoes & @kristah2 I’m with you both. I used to drive a minivan often for work (hauling and setting up DJs and event equipment), and it was handy because it was a work vehicle. Outside of that? No way José-bot.
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • @runrinserepeat YES. That is my main reason we failed at gender neutral with DD - not because I was against the concept, but because I found the gender neutral clothes to be all yellow, green and grey pastels that seemed so...unvibrant, if I can pretend that's a word for a second. I think there are more cute gender neutral clothes emerging now, thankfully, but I just am not a fan of that color palette.
  • You mean like this green?  :/ 
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• katy0990katy0990 member
    edited July 2018
    This is probably the green many of you hate, but I had to share because I still love how it turned out! (Ignore my 40+ week pregnant self. This was right before we left for my induction)

• texas_t said:
    UO: I'm tired of doing weekly check-ins. I've just started responding to everyone's and not answering the questions.  :s:s:s
    I'm having a hard time finding motivation to read them, even. And I fell behind on the randoms because of my work trip, so I feel out of the loop. Honestly the conversations in the check ins feel to forced, it's made me wonder whether I'll continue participating here at all :/
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • @texas_t and @katy0990 sorry, but yes. Not my jam. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • I think the STMs one bums me out a bit, because my kids are so much older than the average kid here. You all have stuff you're dealing with on a week-by-week basis, and I'm like, "my kids are the same, they are independent and tell me when something's wrong and they're potty trained and in big kid beds and I have nothing to contribute here..." 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • I agree that the check in questions get a little old, especially when I am giving the exact same answers over and over. I especially think the STM one is super hard to keep up with and acknowledge everyone. I cringe when I see like 10 more replies to answer when I log on.
  • I'm also having a hard time keeping up with all the threads. I check in with PGAL but outside of that I always feel so behind. 

My OU - I think lingerie is pointless
  • Lol @runrinserepeat Not a fan of that green either.  I had to google it, ha

I keep up with PGAL and that's pretty much it.  I try to contribute in Randoms, Symptoms, and Appointments, but man.  It's rough.  I may start a no-no thread to get everyone riled up  :D:D
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Damn apparently PGAL is the place to be...
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • edited July 2018
    texas_t said:
    I may start a no-no thread to get everyone riled up  :D:D
    Do it. We need SOMETHING.
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • @runrinserepeat i mean PGAL is pretty legit but I'm happy you're not there (not because you, because PGAL). 

Re check ins: I try super hard to be into them. I don't have other kids, my job is pretty laid back, and I feel like I have time to do it. But like others have said, they're very similar when there are 3 or more every week. What about some monthly check ins? A lot of stuff on ftm specific stuff I think would benefit from stm eyes so I usually put it in questions anyway. 
  • @texas_t LOL. Have you seen the worm thread on (I think) Feb 19??? There are some crazy threads out there.

Would anyone be up for a Would You Rather thread? I always think those are fun.

I should probably actually post a UO somewhere in this UO thread - no idea if this is unpopular or popular, but I think there should be an income cap. I don't think any individual person needs to have more than 1 billion dollars (and that's pretty high - I think it could easily be lower, like 100 million!) After you hit a certain point it should just automatically go to taxes/charity/redistributing that income for the public good.
  • @hkom What annoys me more is when the have to post to social media about it. Like well I’m 35 weeks and this will be the last time I wear these size small shorts or whatever. STFU you are just looking for attention and admiration.
  • hkomhkom member
    @katy0990  Aaahh I don't think I've ever seen anyone do that specifically.  But attention/validation-seeking posts like that will get you an immediate unfollow from me!  I had to unfollow my own brother for that crap.

BabyFruit Ticker

• katy0990 said:
    Another UO: I hate it when parents refer to another child as their child’s boyfriend or girlfriend. I see it especially with the 5 and under crowd. Why would you feel the need to say that about children that young?
    I’m with you on this one. I see one person that refers to her best friends son as her future son in law. The kids are 1 and 2. It just feels uncomfortable for me.