Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Friday 7/27

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation.Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 
People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: WTO Friday 7/27

• marebear15marebear15 member
    edited July 2018
    Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 19

WAYDTGKU: Prenatals, BBT, CM, OPKs, N&C

R/R: Woke up today super nauseated and MH immediately goes, You're pregnant. *eyeroll* I've never had O nausea this bad so maybe I'm sick with the flu? Idk, it's weird. It makes me kind of rethink getting KU, more along the lines of, Am I sure I want to put my body through MS? But I know it will all be worth it in the end.

CS/Q: 

• @marebear15 Bahaha. I like YH's enthusiasm at least :) My O nausea was worse this month and it is still kicking around today, though not as bad. I have those moments of rethinking as well. It is normal when TTC. We are here if you need a sounding board <3

Month/Cycle: 17/15

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: HIO EOD, PNV (which I forgot this morning), Flo app, CMT

R/R: The heat has broken a bit today even though the humidex will still be 30 degrees. I am grateful for any relief though. Our AC finally says that our temp is below 80F. **TW kids in spoiler
    Going to a barbecue at H's friend from Nunavut. She has 3 LOs and they are sweet if a bit hyperactive. Her son is the trouble maker, but her little girls are so sweet. It will quench my baby craziness a bit to see them. 
    Definitely think O is imminent. I tried to get H to hio this morning, but he is not a morning person and it was really warm in our room. I still have tonight and then tomorrow morning before he goes to work for noon so plenty of time to jump him :) I may have to reiterate why it is important to him as I think he is getting annoyed/fatigued due to the heat.

CS/Q: -
  • Loading the player...
  • @marebear15 it could be O just because your hormones might be a little more intense this cycle, or your right you could have a little bug. Either way I agree it'll all be worth it in the end. When I first came off BC I used to get nausea around O, but I don't anymore. I guess just because I'm used to the cycle now.

Month/Cycle: 13/14

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: BBT, Ava, Pre-seed, OPKs, Myo-Inositol

R/R: I'm so glad it's Friday! But I have so much work to do for end of month and our upcoming end of fiscal year being next month. I'm going to try not to think about any of that this weekend and just relax!

CS/Q: no
  • Ugh, I feel like everyone's moved over to TWW now...
  • @marebear15 - haha he sounds like my SO, we literally JUST started and he is already like "how are you feeling? pregnant??" Settle down buddy. Hopefully you're not sick! 

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 19

WAYDTGKU: BBT, logging on Glow app, prenatals

R/R: A little annoyed at myself for not getting a BBT earlier in the month. Have been logging other info on Glow for more than a year on Glow and it says I'm supposed to O in a couple days but I assume that could be skewed since my IUD came out so recently. Would be nice to have some more reliable info about BBT to refer to. 

CS/Q: 
  • kiki047kiki047 member
    edited July 2018
    @marebear15 I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to nausea too so I'm really not looking forward to MS but I'll cross that bridge when it comes. *TW* question in spoiler

Did you have MS with your DD? 

@meri-mac if it weren't for AC my SO would not come near me. His is because he's self-conscious about perspiration, plus clammy + friction = blahhhh 
    @thrgirlwhowaited hope you can take your mind off work and enjoy your weekend. I'm a total hypocrite saying that, for the record, cuz I'm the worst at being able to leave work behind. 
    @whitealbum29 from yesterday's WTO, I definitely hear you about the "trial and error" process. Before my SO I was pretty much resigned to the fact that I was going to just be a crazy cat lady. I mean, I already had the cats and I was already crazy... lol. So happy for you that your SO is excited with you. That'll make all the difference.

Month/Cycle: 7/5 (I just realized I've been counting wrong so it's only 5 cycles not 6 *facepalm*)
    ETA: Nope, I was right all along, this is the start of cycle 6. OMG I need sleep. 

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: all the things. kind of obsessed with BBT/RHR right now.

R/R: No rants today. Raves: just killed the gigantic fly that's been buzzing around my office for the last 3 hours. SO woke me up last night to HIO after the dog settled down, finally. My drive in was so quiet today, hardly any traffic. I'm going to miss summer traffic once Sept comes. 

CS/Q: CM has started to turn a bit, really really hoping this is the month I ovulate for the first time in... 13 years? God that sounds so bad when I put it that way. Been on BCP since I was 18 (and hating myself a little for it now). 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• marebear15 It makes me kind of rethink getting KU, more along the lines of, Am I sure I want to put my body through MS? 
    Ha! You're not alone in this  :D You're right though, it'll be worth it. Hopefully its O nausea and not a bug. 

And yeah, its a little quieter in here this week. FX we'll all be in the TWW party soon.

@whitealbum29 - I'm kinda sorta in the same place as you re: BBT. I started charting (albeit not as regularly as I should) back in May and I'm only now feeling like I can see patterns. This is a marathon, not a sprint. Start now and just observe is my advice, but maybe someone else has something better to add?

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: CM/CP/BBT, N&C, OPKs starting tomorrow, supps/prenatals

R/R: AF is gone and I'll start OPKs tomorrow on day 6. I have a feeling that if I'm Oing, I'm Oing either very early or very late. Eager to put this to rest and maybe get with my OB/GYN if I'm, in fact, having mostly an-O cycles. 

Also going to reiterate what I've been saying the last few days - I am LOVING not being on birth control. I haven't had this much energy in years. Also want to give credit to Evening Primrose Oil for keeping the lady hormones in check. I've been taking it for years (it was recommended to me by my OB/GYN because I would get cycle-induced migraines) and I find that it makes a big difference. 

See more in spoiler, TW; pregnancy/loss
    I went out to dinner last night with a newish friend that I haven't seen since March that's due at the end of October. She knew something was seriously wrong with that other milspouse's pregnancy that I mentioned the other day, but didn't know details. It was funny because she brought it up - everyone's spidey senses have been off the charts it seems. It was cathartic to talk to her about both loss and life. Her baby is doing well and she looks fantastic. 

She allowed me to probe and ask all sorts of questions like how she told the parents and in-laws, how she found out, etc. I love those stories and was glad that she indulged me. 

CS/Q: Nope. 

• @meri-mac hopefully you and YH can hio today and tomorrow! FX it works out with good timing for your O.
  • @marebear15 Not me! I'm still here!! Also, when I used to get nauseous (for whatever reason) I'd think, omg no way I can do this for 3 months.. guess I can't have kids. But you'll find ways to cope :) And it's not even a guarantee you'll have it. Not everyone does. 

Month/Cycle: 11/6

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: Benched for now but PNV, COQ10

R/R: This cycle's temps are higher than I'm used to seeing at the beginning of a cycle. Not sure what's up with that. 

TGIF

CS/Q: 
  • @kiki047 MH is probably the worst about leaving work behind. And I know how you feel about BC. DH and I already decided I won't be going back on it. Like @harrierwife I feel so much better being off of it.
    Do you pay for FF? Is that the only way to get RHR to show in the chart too? FX you get a positive OPK and O soon.
  • kiki047kiki047 member
    edited July 2018
    @harrierwife I feel like we may eventually have to move this over to the randoms thread because I just have so much to say about the use of hormonal birth control but OMG, huge difference in my libido from when I was on BCP to coming off of it. And on that note, *TW* 

My pregnant friends tell me that sex when you're KU is like 100x better because of the heightened sensitivity, the pressure is off to BD just for conception, etc etc. 

My favourite podcast right now is https://fertilityfriday.com/ Lisa talks extensively about hormonal birth control, charting, and tracking for both FAM birth control and TTC

@nomangos23 TGIF indeed. Any plans this weekend?

@thrgirlwhowaited yes I pay for the VIP FF. I tried for a few weeks without it but a few of the other ladies on here were telling me about the various features available in VIP and I caved. RHR is one of the options you can add under Specifics. Do you have a wearable to be able to track RHR like a fitbit? 

Edited to add more tags so I don't have so many posts in a row.

TTC History:

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @meri-mac - Did you end up vomiting, or just nausea? I hope you get to HIO tonight. Can you bump your AC in the house down just for a few hours? 

@whitealbum29 - Don't stress about not starting BBT earlier. There's a lot of other stuff you can do like checking CM and using OPKs. Most people it takes a few cycles to regulate after getting off BC, so it might not have even helped much this cycle.

@kiki047 *TW pregnancy*
    Holy cow, yes I did have MS with DD. It started around 5 weeks and didn't subside until well into 2nd tri. Diclegis was a life saver, but now my insurance won't cover it until all other meds have been tried. I'm a little miffed.
    Also, RE pregnancy sex. Yes! I could rave about this all day. Especially amazing in 1st and 2nd tri.

And...I'm pretty sure I'm sick. My throat hurts, my back aches. I literally just had a cold at the beginning of the month, so this is not fair.
  • @marebear15 I too like your husband's enthusiasm...and I too am still here in the WTO  :(

@harrierwife I feel the same about BC. I went off it 6 months before TTC#1 and I couldn't believe the difference...less headaches, less cravings, more sex drive, just generally feeling less blah. Don't think I'll be able to go that route again! 

Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: HIO EOD (minus a gap for travel this month), pnv, OPK, temping, CM 

R/R: I have so much left to do before work starts again (teacher, back at the end of August). I moved schools and have 2 courses to complete, but I can't seem to find motivation. DH is trying to be supportive but he's such a motivated go getter that he doesn't understand not just doing things you need/want to do.

CS/Q: Not a question, but, I am terrible at discerning CM from leftovers, hence my empty CM line. I know the water trick, etc but it still seems to be tricky for me. Pardon my mess, travel (with time change) has affected my temp times. I started peeing on OPK sticks too early and it's been discouraging but I guess lesson learned! FF hasn't detected ovulation in my last two cycles :#

• @kiki047 I have the Ava that tracks resting pulse rate, skin temp, and breath rate. But I still BBT sometimes and I wanted to put the resting pulse rate over to FF and I started putting it in Specifics this cycle, but wasn't sure how to get it to show up in the chart.
  • @thrgirlwhowaited Thanks! I am trying not to get my hopes up, but our timing has been good thus far. I imagine the TWW will be unbearable :P

@kiki047 & @marebear15 The way I worded that was misleading. The AC is actually at work and it was at 75F this morning. We have no AC at our house.

@kiki047 Fx for O!! And I know what you mean about the traffic. It is so nice and quiet now!

@marebear15 I never throw up around O, just nausea. I really hope we can HIO tonight and tomorrow. I just really want to stick to our plan so that I can have some peace of mind during the TWW.
  • @thrgirlwhowaited yeah I think the chart duo is a VIP feature. Screenshots on how to add it in spoiler.

Click on the chart duo button beneath your chart 

Select SIGN and choose RHR

TTC History:

• @marebear15 @harrierwife Yeah it's definitely not the only thing there is to do! I'm probably just attached to it because it feels simplest to me and would be nice if it contained all the answers in a straightforward way, haha, which of course it doesn't...or else there would probably be no TTC message boards for swapping tips and stories! But, yeah the marathon-not-a-sprint thing is true! :)