Trying to Get Pregnant

Healthy Habits w/o 7/23

Check in here if you're working on diet/fitness/or any other healthy habit!
 1. What healthy habit are you working on? 2. How's it going?
3. What’s a “small win” you have from last week?
4. List any goals that you have for this week.
5. How did you goals from last week go? (Optional)
6. GTKY: what is a healthy recipe that you like to make?

Re: Healthy Habits w/o 7/23

• meri-macmeri-mac member
    edited July 2018
     1. What healthy habit are you working on? 2. How's it going? Eating healthy. It was my MIL's birthday celebration over the weekend so not the greatest, but today is better. Some hummus and a lovely large green salad for lunch.
    3. What’s a “small win” you have from last week? Taking my pup for a walk every day. I'm getting back to this routine as it went by the wayside when I was on vacation.
    4. List any goals that you have for this week. Get two walks in, one morning, one evening, and keep eating green.
    5. How did you goals from last week go? (Optional) Not terrible could be better.
    6. GTKY: what is a healthy recipe that you like to make? I love turkey burgers made with chopped pickles and crushed garlic croutons right in the mix. Cook covered on low heat with a little salt and pepper. I also really love spaghetti squash with some homemade barbecue sauce.
  • 1. What healthy habit are you working on?
    Cutting down on carbs, cutting back on added sugars/processed foods. Eating more veggies. 

2. How's it going? 
    I love carbs. I suggested we have a noodle sandwich for dinner. My SO didn't listen, thankfully, but that just about sums up my attitude towards it.

We refuse to buy salad dressing because of all the additives and we're getting pretty darn good at it, if I do say so myself.

No sugary drinks (except fruit juice in our smoothies)

... so far for 3 weeks in a row it's been "ok, we'll start next week". This is the week, folks. Pls hold me accountable for this next week lol. 

We've been grilling everything on the BBQ lately so that's not really a "recipe". My current fav salad dressing is a creamy sesame dressing. I put it on everything. It's basically rice vinegar, sesame oil, plain yogurt (or silken tofu), soy sauce, honey, garlic powder and roasted sesame seeds. Throw everything in the magic bullet and season to taste. I add a bit of water if it's too thick. I put it on salad the first night, the blanched broccoli last night and made a cold salad with that. Tonight I think I'll blanch spinach and mix it together. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Loading the player...
  • @meri-mac I love spaghetti squash!  I through mine in a pan with olive oil, lemon, garlic and pepper.
    @kiki047  That dressing sounds lovely!

1. What healthy habit are you working on?  Drinking more water, eating better.

2. How's it going?  Good.  We had to go out of town to see a sick relative and we were fed a lot of junk food so I need to get back at it.

3. What’s a “small win” you have from last week? I didn't have any pop or juice.  Just water, tea and coffee.

4. List any goals that you have for this week.   Making a healthy lunch every day.  I moved jobs from downtown surrounded by stores and restaurants and food courts to a place outside of downtown and any food being a car ride away and with short lunch breaks it makes drive thru the only option.

5. How did you goals from last week go? (Optional)  It's going.  Always a work in progress.

6. GTKY: what is a healthy recipe that you like to make?  Make steel cut oats according to the package and then add cocoa powder, vanilla, natural maple syrup and some cocoa nibs on top (can add peanut butter too).  Tastes like dessert for breakfast and so satisfying.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • 1. What healthy habit are you working on? Losing the last bit of TTC weight
    2. How's it going? ok I guess; I'm not sure if I'm up or down from last week because I bought a new (bluetooth) scale for Prime day
    3. What’s a “small win” you have from last week? I only had a can/bottle of pop twice last week!  That's a huge improvement from 5+ times a week a few weeks ago
    4. List any goals that you have for this week. Get at least 3 workouts in
    5. How did you goals from last week go? (Optional) Good!  I sort of stuck to my planned menu for the whole week.  I had planned dinner for Saturday night before I remembered I had a work function; so that dish just got pushed to Sunday instead :)
    6. GTKY: what is a healthy recipe that you like to make? These sheet pan shrimp fajitas; I've made them twice and they are just soooooo tasty!!  https://www.number-2-pencil.com/one-sheet-pan-shrimp-fajitas/

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • 1. What healthy habit are you working on? Cleaning up my daily diet and cutting back on caffeine and wine. 

2. How's it going? Pretty good! Though I'm on CD1 and just had half a pint of Halo Top after lunch just now.  :#

3. What’s a “small win” you have from last week? I swapped coffee for green tea and I've been feeling great! No caffeine withdrawal symptoms!

4. List any goals that you have for this week. Just to keep up with the green tea, my supplements, and to keep moving. 

5. How did you goals from last week go? (Optional) Not too badly. Didn't make that Crossfit class, though. Once my summer work schedule levels out it'll be easier to get back into my routine. 

6. GTKY: what is a healthy recipe that you like to make? I love roasted veggies. Or frittatas! 
  •  @kiki047 Pasta sandwich is totally my style! My friend just bought a pizza oven so we gorged on homemade pizzas this weekend. Dough from scratch... drool. 

1. What healthy habit are you working on? Getting back to running and lifting more consistently. 

2. How's it going? Hahahaha

3. What’s a “small win” you have from last week? Last week was a total bust. I worked way too many hours. I did get one run in, so I’ll call that a win. 

4. List any goals that you have for this week. Run/lift at least thrice. 

5. How did you goals from last week go? See #3

6. GTKY: what is a healthy recipe that you like to make? Chilaquiles with salsa verde. It’s vegetarian too! I put tortilla chips, refried beans, fried eggs, avocado, cilantro, lime, sals, and queso fresco on top. Making your own salsa from tomatillos is surprisingly easy if you have a decent food processor or blender. Delicious!!
  • 1. What healthy habit are you working on? Core strengthening and healthier living
    2. How's it going? Ehh, I love to run, but I am not allowed to run for a few weeks while in physical therapy, so that makes me sad.  I also saw 2 different therapists that commented many tines on my extreme hypermobility and lack of core strength.  (Thanks for the confidence building guys! Lol). I know I mentioned before that I have binge eating issues, since I should be unbenched this week, I need to stop a large amount of medicine, one of which suppresses my appetite as a side effect, and helps me not binge eat, so I am a bit nervous about that.

3. What’s a “small win” you have from last week?  I have been on the treadmill more this week. Almost daily.

4. List any goals that you have for this week.   Do my therapy workout twice daily, walk on treadmill every day 

Not the best since I was told I can't run, lol.
    I will think on this and share/tag later.
  • @lulu1180 Blue tooth scale!!?? I had no idea this existed and now find myself unable to not buy one. Which one did you get/ do you like it so far?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 1. What healthy habit are you working on?
    Weightlifting! DH works out with weights 3x a week and I have noticed a huge difference in his body, so now I'm motivated and want to tone up my tushie/legs.

2. How's it going? 
    I did weights yesterday, so woo! I have a hard time concentrating on it though.  It's almost like there are too many distractions.  I do much better at running/walking since that forces me to (pardon the Nike pun) "just do it".

See above! Also, I closed all the rings on my Apple watch.

Weightlift 2 more times during the week.

N/A

We like to eat fish in tinfoil in the oven with lemon and a tiny but of butter.  I like to pair it with steamed veggies and brown rice (in the rice cooker).  It is a stress-free meal which is pretty healthy! Cleanup is minimal, too!
  • @aliciac2008 I got this one.  Bluetooth Body Fat Scale, FITINDEX... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078HW8BPY?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf  I’ve had it for less than a week but I don’t hate it yet lol.  It is really nice because all I do is open the app and step on the scale in bare feet then it will automatically log the weight in the app.  The one thing I don’t like is that the app has skewed weight ranges based on height.  It tells me that I should be between 119-146 lbs at 5’9”.  When I was in weight watchers, my healthy weight range was 135-169 lbs

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • Check in here if you're working on diet/fitness/or any other healthy habit! 
     1. What healthy habit are you working on? 2. How's it going? 
    Adding in more running, going well didn't make it three runs last week, but yesterday I ran 15 minutes without knee pain!
    Cooked dinners during the work week and packed lunches 4 of 5 days.
    Eat healthy until I head to the lake, contemplating taking my smoothie supplies and ninja bullet. 
    Pretty good
    Turkey taco meat (homemade seasoning) with roasted sweet potatoes, cut up tomatoes, avocado, and salad mix for lunches or dinners. Super easy and usually makes a few meals.
  • @zamora_spin Safeway sells Frontera brand. It’s pretty good (medium to low heat). But I highly recommend trying a batch from scratch if you like to cook at all. Tomatillos are super cheap and it’s so good fresh. 
  • @kiki047 You and me both in the carb train and I’m going to have to try that recipe.
    @mermaidca  I should really try nibs, been hearing about them everywhere lately.
    @holly321  you can do this!

1. What healthy habit are you working on? Lower my carbs, eat more veggies, move and lift more, get to healthy weight
    2. How's it going? This is my start over week so I’ll let you know. 
    3. What’s a “small win” you have from last week? Healthy lunch and dinner today and I walked 1.5 mile even in the 90D heat.
    4. List any goals that you have for this week. Lift weights at least three days, walk or tredmil daily 
    6. GTKY: what is a healthy recipe that you like to make? I love shrimp or grill fish tacos with mango/avocado salsa
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• @lulu1180, that weight range is crazy.  I am 5'9" too, and I was 118 pounds when I was 18.  I was sickly thin, I remember my size 2 pants being too big. 

@lilly91613, good luck with the weight lifting, it is amazing how quickly you can notice changes in your body. 
    @kiki047, homemade salad dressing is so much better, when I can get my lazy butt to make it.  The one you mentioned sounds yummy, I may have to try!

Here is my healthy recipe (and healthy does not equal low calorie..)   I usually sub a lot of the ingredients though . I use oat flour, I use wirher Greek yogurt or applesauce instead of oil, and if I add the sugar, it is minimal.  I generally make these for a certain someone who refuses to eat healthy, so at least it has pumpkin.
    https://www.twotwentyone.net/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-cookies/
  • @lulu1180 I'm 5'9.  The lowest I got as an adult was 150lbs and I was working out every day and my diet was so strict.  For me it's just not worth it.

Also - just had a awesome bootcamp class and then came home and ate some left over chips.  Haha ugh.  At least I worked out...?
  • @mermaidca I know!!  I really want to tell them they need to adjust it

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • Just ordered my BBT thermometer on amazon and had to pick up some new smoothie cups, too!  Last night I froze a whole ton of kale and swiss chard from the garden.  I want to get back into the habit of making protein shakes in the morning and I hoping the allure of new cups and frozen kale will help haha.
  • @mermaidca that reminds me, I need to pick up some more fruits and veggies for my morning smoothies. I'm not a morning person so breakfast is a struggle for me. I normally eat fruit and yogurt at my desk but my commute just went from 10 mins to 45min+ so I need something before I leave or to eat in the car. Smoothies it is. Do you have any favourite flavour combos?

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @kiki047 I love doing coffee, banana and vanilla protein powder!  Banana, peanut butter and chocolate protein powder is good too (don't need as much protein powder because of the PB).  I also love just straight up strawberry and vanilla.