Babies on the Brain
Options

Waiting Room Wednesday June 2018

edited June 2018 in Babies on the Brain
***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.***

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday! You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason.

I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________
When do you think you will start TTC?

What brings you to WRW?

Any R/R?

GTKY: What is your favorite summertime treat?

Re: Waiting Room Wednesday June 2018

• Options
    edited June 2018
    When do you think you will start TTC? August 2018, but after a trip to the PT today it sounds like it could be longer.

What brings you to WRW?  Lower back problems

Any R/R? Why must birds start their chirping at 4:30 in the morning? 

GTKY: What is your favorite summertime treat? S'mores or Tillmook mountain huckleberry ice cream

*edited: rant & rave due to possible tw.
  • Options
    I know this is super late, but I figured it would be better to post here than start a while new thread for the last week of July...

When do you think you will start TTC? Hopefully in two months. I went off the pill two cycles ago and I've been temping/CM tracking ever since, and so far things seem to be pretty regular.

What brings you to WRW? This is going to sound silly, but DH and I have had a tradition of going to this huge ethnic festival every Labor Day weekend where we bring a ton of friends and drink lots of beer. That's our last big event of the summer, so I'm hoping once it's past, DH will be on board with starting to TTC. (I've had to remind him it could take months, possibly up to a year to conceive--that as soon as he says, "OK," a stork isn't going to ring our doorbell and drop off a newborn.  :p )

Any R/R? Rant: why does it have to be hot and sunny all week and cool and gloomy on the weekends? And if it's going to be cloudy, can't it at least rain so my garden gets watered? Rave: nothing on my zucchini plant has been pollinated so far, but today I saw a bumblebee fly from an open male flower directly to the only open female flower. Then I started thanking the bumblebee  :D 

GTKY: What is your favorite summertime treat? Just yesterday I tried vegan mint chocolate chip ice cream. I'm not vegan, but I am somewhat lactose intolerant, and I was thrilled at eating a whole serving of ice cream without getting the slightest stomachache. I'll be trying more vegan ice creams in the future!

@spacemountianeer mmm I love homemade s'mores. Have you made campfire cones with sugar cones, mini marshmallows, and chocolate chips? I don't think I have that brand or flavor of ice cream where I live--sounds interesting!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    When do you think you will start TTC? Mid-October. We are going to Vegas at the end of September and I'm a bridesmaid for a mid-October wedding. So after I get my last partying hurrah.

What brings you to WRW? I'm just so excited to start trying to get pregnant again, but I can't talk to anyone about it so I'm lurking on pretty much every board to help my excitement.

Any R/R? My mom and dad recruited 10 people to help them move out of their 3,000 square foot house today, and my mom stayed home during most of the trips to unload at the new house and didn't help out much. I don't mind helping at all, but I get frustrated when I'm helping so you can sit.

GTKY: What is your favorite summertime treat? Recently I've started liking s'mores. I used to hate them, but now they are delicious. I'm upset because we had a whole stockpile of ingredients to make them, but then the ants got into our pantry and out went the marshmallows.

@spacemountianeer - Tillamook. Are you from Oregon? I'm from Oregon and I love Tillamook ice cream! I wasn't sure if they sold it further though.

@hestia14 - How was the first period off the birth control? I'm getting my IUD out in a couple weeks and am dreading the first period after.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @aliciac2008 -- have fun in Vegas/at the wedding! Glad someone else is in WRW for the same reason as me. "One last fling before we do the thing," as I'm calling it  :)

My first period off the pill was pretty good: three days of light flow, most likely O on day 12, and a few days of very light luteal phase spotting. My cycle was oddly short (23 days) and it looks like this next one will time out the same. I never found a pill that totally agreed with my body, so maybe my body is just grateful to be "resetting."

I was always too skittish to get an IUD. Did you like yours? Is there a certain amount of time you have to leave it in? I remember hearing in high school health class that an IUD could potentially scar the uterus and I think that's what put me off. I'm sure technology has gotten way better in recent years, though: I know several women who have had one and they've had no problems.

(Side question for the regulars/long-time bumpies: I've charted through the Kindara app for the last couple years as I've gone on and off the pill. If I ever end up sharing my chart, is using the Kindara chart OK? It's a similar layout to FF but looks a lot more "modern.")
  • Options
    @hestia14 - the Waiting Room Wednesday used to be a weekly thing but the board has become slower in recent months. I turned it into a monthly thing as people could still feel like they could participate in the post even if it wasn't that week. Feel free to start the posts, weekly if you want. 

It doesn't sound silly to postpone TTC for an event. There have been a few people on here who have postponed for vacations. 

I've seen other women post charts from other apps other than FF. I don't see that being a problem. If you weren't aware already there is a chart stalk on the TTGP board for every month (This is July's). Introduce yourself  on that board and dive on in. You might be waiting a while for an answer on this board. 

@aliciac2008 - I am from Idaho but they carry Tillamook in all the grocery stores here. I love it! DH is at the store getting me more as I write this. :smile:

My period did the opposite of Hestia14, my typical cycle of 29 days shot up to 34/35 days. It can a few months for some women for their cycles to regulate again (I want to say close to half). 

Can I do a R/R since it's another month? Rant: *TW* Since I last posted, drs found a tumor in my breast. They are pretty sure it's benign, but I just wanted to get it biopsied so I knew 100% for certain before TTGP. I had the biopsy this morning and it went fine, but what they didn't tell me before the procedure is that I wouldn't be able to lift more than 5lbs. for a few days after the surgery so the incision can heal. Well I have a 35 lb 2 y/o who isn't super cooperative all of the time and that has been a challenge (he's still in a crib and doesn't lie down by himself for diaper changes). DH had to work from home this afternoon so he could help me, but I don't think I get the same luxury tomorrow. I wish I had known about this restriction before the procedure so I could have planned accordingly. *End of TW* Rave: Other than what has been going on with what I mentioned in my rant, life is pretty good. 

• Options
    @spacemountianeer -- sorry to hear about that. Hope you feel better soon and FX that everything is okay! It's nice that your husband was able to work from home to be there for you and your son, even if it was just for a day. :)