March 2019 Moms

Fit Mama Monday 7/23

Helloooooooo fit mamas! Happy Monday!

Did you hit your fitness goals last week?
Set any new goals?
How are you feeling? 
Making any modifications?

Re: Fit Mama Monday 7/23

• Did you hit your fitness goals last week?
    Noooooope.  Turns out chasing around the DDs is about all I can handle. I need to do better!

Set any new goals?
    I'm going to shoot for the same goals:  accomplish the BBG pretraining. FX!

How are you feeling? 
    Terrible. For the first couple of weeks my nausea was swinging from nonexistent to extreme, but now it's just extreme all the time.  No throwing up (*knocks on every wood object within reach*) but I constantly feel as if I'm about to. I am going to call my OB today to see if she can prescribe some diclegis (which is what I took with my last two pregnancies), even though my first appointment isn't until 8/13.
    I completed my pushup and squat challenge, but didn't do too many additional workouts.

Set any new goals?
    2 workouts/week

How are you feeling?
    Feeling ok. I've been distracted by a lot of other projects going on at home. We have a classic truck DH and I have been working on to get it running nice and I have a garden project I'm trying to finish so I can get some fall fruits/veggies planted. That is at least a workout because I'm digging out the bushes that are there currently.

I switched from yoga to more of a circuit workout. I was getting bored and not feeling challenged by yoga. I feel like I can get a better pregnancy friendly workout with a circuit workout than with any of the prenatal yoga I was doing.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
    Sadly no. I had a great running week, but my goal was 2 weight-training sessions and I only did one! 

Set any new goals?
    Sticking with adding weight training. Maybe I can actually accomplish it this week...

How are you feeling? 
    I felt good running this week, no pukey runs, but I am just exhausted. I took an hour long nap yesterday, and I don’t nap. 

I am completely wiped and I am giving myself permission to take 2 days of rest in a row. I typically avoid 2 days off, but I really need it. I might even nap again today! 
  • @maggiemadeit that's still really good! Hopefully you can hit your weight training goal this week!
  • Did you hit your fitness goals last week? My OB has told me not to run until I'm out of first trimester due to the excessive heat here lately. I get it, but man... telling a runner not to run... yikes. I've been logging a lot of walking miles at 15 minutes or less pace. So that's something. Thinking I might do some resistance training this week.

Set any new goals? Get back to running ASAP!

How are you feeling? I feel lazy haha.

Making any modifications? Yeah, completely, no running... uuuuuugh
    <3 Baby #1 BFP 6/10/2011-EDD 2/19/2012-DS Born 2/10/2012!
    :'(  CP BFP 1/6/2013-EDD 9/19/2013-CP 1/9/2013
    <3 Baby #2 BFP 1/3/2014-EDD 9/12/2014 -DD Born 9/10/2014!
    <3 Baby #3 BFP 7/8/2018-EDD 3/17/2019-Team Green!

• @Sweetest116 That is some kind of torture! I have been very mindful of the heat, but I live in New England so my version of hot is only 80-90 degrees. 

When I was trying for my first, after 6 months my Chinese medicine doc told me that I should take a break from running, and I got pregnant the cycle that I stopped. So I figured I couldn’t get pregnant while running. I got pregnant this time in a hot minute while running 30 miles a week, and boy was I surprised! 
  • edited July 2018
    Did you hit your fitness goals last week? I had no goals last week, but we went on vacation and did some hiking.

Set any new goals? I’m going to join a gym tomorrow since it’s been too hot to run and they have a child watch so I can bring DS.

How are you feeling? Nauseous, bloated,tired but I’m trying to make myself exercise more since it does make me feel better.

Making any modifications?Just taking it slower when running

@Sweetest116 how hot is it where you are? When I am motivated enough to run, I go in the early morning to avoid the heat
  • I didn’t have any goals last week, we were on vacation— but I hit 10,000 steps every day and did lots of kayaking and swimming! Plus carrying luggage and my 38 lb 2 year old :D 

food wasnt as great, ate way too much key lime pie. Oh well!

This week I want to focus on eating good things and going for a walk at least 4/7 days. It’s hot here. 

SaveSave
  • Shelbyville30Shelbyville30 member
    edited July 2018

Did you hit your fitness goals last week?Almost! Pre-preg I was working out six days a week. Figured I would cut back to 5 for now to have an extra rest day. Went to NH Thursday to visit fam over the weekend so I had a strong workout game Monday- Wednesday and got a ride in on Saturday. HOWEVER, I feel like I had a completely glutenous weekend sooooooo not sure how much the working out helped! 

Set any new goals? Bed earlier!! I work out in the morning before work, usually starting between 5/5:30. It’s getting harder to get up with this awesome first tri fatigue so I need moooooore sleep! That and sprinkle in some running. I couldn’t run first pregnancy but did a little last week and felt great.  

How are you feeling? Bloated, tired, FULL FROM THE WEEKEND!! 

Making any modifications? On some ab work, yes!!! 

BTW... thanks for starting this thread!!!! Keeping all of this mindful REALLY helps! 

• @chocolatelemons it was consistently over 95 degrees everyday for awhile, but we've had a couple cooler days recently (of course I've been too busy to fit in a run). I WISH I could run in the morning, aside from it being tricky to balance with the two little kiddos at home, I STINK at running in the morning. I am and have always been an evening runner... but boy do I wish I was a decent morning athlete!
    <3 Baby #1 BFP 6/10/2011-EDD 2/19/2012-DS Born 2/10/2012!
    :'(  CP BFP 1/6/2013-EDD 9/19/2013-CP 1/9/2013
    <3 Baby #2 BFP 1/3/2014-EDD 9/12/2014 -DD Born 9/10/2014!
    <3 Baby #3 BFP 7/8/2018-EDD 3/17/2019-Team Green!

No, bc of doctors appointments I missed a couple classes.
    Set any new goals?
    Asked for a treadmill for my birthday, so going to start adding 30 min walks a few days a week during DD nap time.
    How are you feeling? 
    Okay, some cramps here and there and nauseous if I don’t eat often enough.
    Taking it easier in my classes during the first tri
    yup! I workout over my 2 year olds nap time and binge watch Netflix during it. 

Set any new goals?
    I’d like to run as long as possible into this pregnancy. Last time I was so sick that I didn’t really do any the first trimester and when I felt up to it again my belly felt too uncomfortable to run. 

How are you feeling? 
    Fine, but I’m only four weeks along. 

Trying to take in a lot more water now that I know I’m pregnant. I live in SC and working out at noon in our garage is a huge sweat fest. 
  • Did you hit your fitness goals last week? Nope. :( I felt so awful on Friday I missed my training session and DH and I have been working so hard to clean/paint the new house I skipped gym time. Unless 24 hours in 3 days working on the house counts as exercise? Maybe? Definitely didn't hit the mile goal regardless. 
    Set any new goals? Nope, just kept the same ones. 
    How are you feeling? Worried about this week because I've been feeling consistently nauseous since Friday. Like can't ride in a car nauseous. :( 
    Making any modifications? Oh yeah. Dialing back the cardio intensity for sure. My heart rate shoots up so much faster right now. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Sweetest116 It's definitely tough to find any time to run with kids. I bring my DS sometimes in the BOB, but it's so much easier without having to push the stroller.
  • @catlady2015 Manual house labor absolutely counts! 
  • Did you hit your fitness goals last week? I think so. I walked everyday and a few days twice a day.  Its helped so much with my anxiety. 
    Set any new goals? Trying to add some weights back into it this week.

How are you feeling? Nauseous and tired. I took a nap Friday, Saturday and Sunday! It was amazing. 

Making any modifications?not really.
  • I think I can answer this one with a no, no and a "lots of nausea and I hate the smell of everything" and call it a day. :) Here's to hoping I can overcome it this week! Kudos to everyone who's still getting it done!
  • edited July 2018
    Didn’t get 3 runs in. I did run two days last week, with a 9 miler on Saturday. I was pretty consistent with my squat challenge and did two days of strength training. 

Set any new goals?
    Nope. Same goals. I do need to get 3 runs in, I have my relay coming up and I’m freaking out!!

How are you feeling? 
    Just tired and nauseous. I feel really good when I work out but it’s fighting the fatigue and nausea to make myself workout that has been hard.

I’m just running a slower pace but that’s it. 
    ETA: carrying more fuel and water, I was starving after my run Saturday. 
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
    I'm going to say yes. Worked out four days and then one day of hauling and building a whole bedroom of Ikea furniture. That totally counts as a workout.

Set any new goals?
    This week I know I'm going to be off routine with some trainings I'm attending. Hoping to workout 3x and hopefully get to walk in the evening if the weather cooperates. 

How are you feeling? 
    So tired. And even little things are exhausting. I carried DS up a flight of stairs and felt a little winded which just seems crazy. 

Lots and lots of water. 
  • Just did a long grinder of a Crossfit workout and felt nauseous the entire time. I finished it, but now feel like I need to throw up. Guess I need to dial it back a bit. 
  • Hi mamas! I can also answer with a bunch of no’s! Lol. I know exercise makes me feel better but I am BEAT and the nausea is unreal. I’m 7.5 weeks so I know I can pick back up once I hit second trimester but woof. I am hoping I can do a little something. I’m not even hitting my steps which is SO unlike me. 

Goal for for this week is 2 resistance and 2 walks.
  • I'm trying to bring more of my work lunches for next week. We have a cafeteria at my office and it's generally got decent sandwiches, but with all the salad recalls their salads put me off and I can't say no when they offer fries. It would save so much money and also help me eat better, but I'm so bad at planning meals since I had DD, and grocery shopping is my least favorite chore.
  • meggyme said:
    I'm trying to bring more of my work lunches for next week. We have a cafeteria at my office and it's generally got decent sandwiches, but with all the salad recalls their salads put me off and I can't say no when they offer fries. It would save so much money and also help me eat better, but I'm so bad at planning meals since I had DD, and grocery shopping is my least favorite chore.
    Does your grocery store have the order ahead and pick up option? I love going to the grocery store, but a lot of my friends/family who don't use that service. Additionally, meal planning is a lot easier for me if I cook a majority of my food on Sundays. It frees me up for the rest of the week and keeps me accountable.
  • We do hellofresh for dinners, and there is a grocery store that has the option for order ahead, but I haven't tried it yet. I need to just get into a good habit of planning/shopping.
  • @meggyme I make a lot of the same, or similar things each week. This week, I have: yogurt, fruit, and oats for breakfast; ranch chicken wrap for lunch; burger and veggies for pre-workout meal; and salmon with quinoa and green beans for dinner. The yogurt and salmon meals are basically the same every week. Lunch is almost always a variation of chicken and the pre-work meal usually has higher fats than the rest of the meals but it varies a lot. We shall see what I can handle since nausea has decided to rear its head this week.
  • Hi ladies!  This is my first time joining in!

Did you hit your fitness goals last week?  No.  Before getting pregnant and even the first couple weeks, I was working out 5 day a week.  Now that that nausea and exhaustion has set it, it's been a lot harder.  I would usually try getting in 30 min of strength training and a 3 mile run in.  Last week I did 2 days of weights with walking instead of running, and one day of swimming.

Set any new goals?  Lift weights 3 days, cardio 4-5 days.

How are you feeling?  Generally nauseated.  I have a hard time getting started.  

Making any modifications?  Starting to swim more than run, for now at least.  With the nausea, the thought of bouncing with a run is no bueno.  I am liking the swimming for a change.
  • LbloomLbloom member
    Nope!

Set any new goals?
    Get back to the gym and my bootcamp classes! I'll modify them but they were the only thing that made me feel like I was making traction, they're like crossfit training.

How are you feeling? 
    Tired, bloated and gassy. *(Sarcastically sings "I Feel Pretty" in my head.)* The deep water exercise class is not enough. I have decided just to swim laps when I want some aquatic exercise - the class is kind of a joke.

No, but I leave for vacation on Thursday and I am already mentally there, so I hope to get back on track after we get back next week.

BTW: all you runners, kudos to you! :) I have a friend that is doing lots of running in addition to crossfit training and she has slimmed down so well because of all this variety. I am a little envious of runners, I used to love running back in high school but I am an asthmatic and have a very large chest - so running is actually painful for me. I wish I could do it, but pregnancy makes the asthma worse and the boobs bigger, so I digress. I have to find other ways of getting good exercise.
  • @Lbloom I swam laps with my last pregnancy and absolutely loved it. I got a lock board off of amazon too so when I got tired it was a nice break but kept me moving. 
  • So not as much fitness related as healthy eating.  I've been trying to keep up with my healthy eating for the most part.  But I just went to get a few odds and ends at the grocery store and couldn't resist the back of M&M bakery cookies.  I just got home and ate like 4 cookies!  Fail on my part!
  • @Tiffw2012 all that talk about bringing healthy lunches to work ended in pizza from the cafeteria...
  • @meggyme It happens to the best of us for sure!  I'm trying to redeem myself by having salmon and salad for dinner.  :wink:
  • @TiffW2012 @meggyme Yeah, I have been keeping it relatively clean until today, when I ate 4 (!) fun sized baby ruth! We all have to cut ourselves some slack sometimes. 

As my favorite cornball fitness celebrity Tony Horton says, “do your best, and forget the rest.”
  • @maggiemadeit love tony Horton! He’s actually doing a weekend seminar/retreat at Omega institute in August which I was considering but I have a wedding that weekend. Do you have BOD? It’s my daily go-to. 

ANDDDD... count me in on the extra goodies. Worked out this morning but hubs went out and got Cold Stone a little while ago. Peanut Butter Perfection (my favorite flavor)... sooooooooo definitely got in on some of that goodness. 
  • @Shelbyville30 No I don’t have BOD, but we own P90X, P90X3, Insanity, and T25. My husband and I both prefer to work out at home, and with all those workouts there is so much variety. Plus I love Tony Horton. We have so many jokes at home about the funny things he says! 
  • @Shelbyville30 I have BOD and love it! I’m so bad at coming up with exercises on my own and like following the videos. 
  • I just signed up for the Mommy Trainer 15 day challenge. It's free and gives 15 days worth of exercises, so I think I'm going to give it a try, maybe just not with the same intensity (although she says its pregnancy safe).

Yes, I suppose. I teach group fitness a couple times a week which is great for accountability (I obviously have to show up), less great when I'm really not feeling well.

Set any new goals?
    I'd like to be able to get out for more walks w DD and our pup on days I'm not at the gym.

How are you feeling? 
    Blechhhh. Once I get going exercising I feel good but before and after are rough  

Not really, just pulling back if I feel I'm overexerting
  • @maggiemadeit YES, also love ShaunT’s workouts! Agree that working out at home is the way to go! I wouldn’t be able to fit it in otherwise... or it would just be so much less and not as effective. 

@hreed7289 me too! Just renewed my subscription. Recently really loved 80DO. Really love all of Autumn’s programs, esp Fix Extreme. Shift Shop was fun, I did that last summer and got awesome results. Shaun T is the man... they are all awesome!