Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Sleep in Girl!

My daughter will be 10 months tomorrow and for several months now she has been what I would say is sleeping through the night... Goes down at 7pm and is waking up anywhere between 5:00-6:00am. The thing is that this wake up isn’t really her up and awake for good, as she will go back to sleep typically for another hour or more once she feeds (usually just one side seems to be enough for her to go back to sleep). Question is how do I make her sleep that extra hour or more without that feed, which makes my last hour or two of sleep broken… ? I’m sure she is waking at this time out of a habit now, and that she doesn’t really need the feed but breaking the habit is hard. My thought is in another couple months when I stop nursing her, she is going to be out of luck for that 5:00-6:00am feed, and then that’s going to be her new awake time. We’ve tried doing the cry it out method a bit, but with a 3 year old a few rooms down from her, I am worried I am going to have two earlier wakers. Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you!

Re: Sleep in Girl!

• Options
    tag117 said:
    My daughter will be 10 months tomorrow and for several months now she has been what I would say is sleeping through the night... Goes down at 7pm and is waking up anywhere between 5:00-6:00am. The thing is that this wake up isn’t really her up and awake for good, as she will go back to sleep typically for another hour or more once she feeds (usually just one side seems to be enough for her to go back to sleep). Question is how do I make her sleep that extra hour or more without that feed, which makes my last hour or two of sleep broken… ? I’m sure she is waking at this time out of a habit now, and that she doesn’t really need the feed but breaking the habit is hard. My thought is in another couple months when I stop nursing her, she is going to be out of luck for that 5:00-6:00am feed, and then that’s going to be her new awake time. We’ve tried doing the cry it out method a bit, but with a 3 year old a few rooms down from her, I am worried I am going to have two earlier wakers. Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you!
    If she needs that little bit to make her content, it does  not much you can do about it.  Maybe push her bedtime closer to 8 than 7.