August 2018 Moms

Re: BF 7/23

• Options
    I'm sure other people need to vent as much, if not more than I do. 

My MIL is convinced that eating lasagna induced her labor, and told me this story every time I saw her when I was 41+ with my first. She's started up again and it just drives me crazy. 

No eating lasagna did not cause your labor, eating lasagna will not make me go into labor. I am very pregnant and don't want to listen to your crazy theories or get my hopes up about the baby coming soon. 
  • Options
    My MIL is on this rampage about her keratin treatment and how FIL is telling her she needs to wait longer to be around the newborn because of it. I agree with him and think she should make sure her hair has been washed a couple times before seeing the new baby. Just fucking get it done now, and hopefully it won't be an issue since I'm not due for another 4 weeks. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My BF is about contractions. In 2 different trips I have spent ~14 hrs of 5 or 3 min apart contractions. BUT since my cervix wasn’t changing I got sent home as is. Now I’m gun shy to go back, as it’s an hour drive and I don’t want to load Hubs &1&2 to go sit there just to be sent home again. Yet, my last labor was 66 minutes from water break to outside baby.

Anyways I’m just super grouchy about it.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    My BF is that it's sooo painful just to walk!!! It's making me super cranky. I'm in nesting mode but it hurts too much to do all that I want to do! 

@princesslockness Oh man that sucks. For DD1 I was 3-5 min apart and was about to be sent home... and as I was standing to leave my water broke thank goodness, so I got to stay. Fingers crossed everything works out for you!! I'd be so nervous and grouchy too. 
  • Options
    @princesslockness dang girl! That's tough! I reeeeealy hope that the next time is baby time!

My day-late BF is this stupid cold / respiratory thing that I somehow caught in the middle of summer. I'm already having a tough time controlling the snissing and whatever the equivalent of coughing + peeing, there just aren't enough liners and pads in the world right now.

Sorry to @laufisch and @7425cait with the MIL drama - that's the last thing anyone needs right now! And @fishee333 - I'm right there with you! I've started taking the elevator at work to go up 1 stupid flight of stairs because yowch! Sorry lady
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @fishee333 that would be mine, too. I have the desire to do all these things, but my body says no :(
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    @fishee333 that happened to me with #2.  I went in because I was following my doctors "if you see blood more than spotting, go to L&D" instructuons, they said I wasn't dilated at all yet, and as soon as the nurse left the room to get my discharge papers my water broke.  DD2 was in my arms 4 hours later.

With #1 they also tried to discharge me but fortunately my BP was slightly elevated so they had the OB come check me out and she was like "oh you're like 5cm we better admit you."  I was like NO SHIT LADY.  apparently the triage nurses at my hospital are morons, because that time they told me they "couldnt find my cervix so I must not be dilated yet" even though I was having horrible back labor for HOURS before I went in.

When I go in this time I'm just going to be like "look this ain't my first or even second rodeo, I promise I'm in labor, now please get me drugs before I crap out a baby thankyouverymuch."
  • Options
    @delujm0 please video tape that interaction. I just laughed out loud!
  • Options
    nugs41nugs41 member
    The humidity this past week, waddling, and nonstop bathroom trips. My nesting was going so awesome until this week, now my body is just done. I don’t know how you ladies do this and have little kids that you have to take care of too!
  • Options
    @nugs41 I'm with you, I don't know how other ladies do it all while chasing kids around. I guess you do what you have to, but I am so thankful that I just have to take care of me right now because I can barely manage that most days it seems like. 

Not so much of a bitch fest, I just find it interesting all of the things that happen all on their very own that make life uncomfortable and somewhat difficult at times.

- My pubic bone has separated and each half moves independently of one another, so walking for any length of time is quite painful. I also had to get inventive on how to dress myself, I have to put my underwear/pants on the floor and step both feet through the holes, then pull them up. I'm glad it's summer and not winter, I don't think I could manage socks. Although who am I kidding, I still wear flip-flops all winter long usually. lol

- In bed I can't lay on on my back, or LO decides to do lots of weird stretching, hiccuping, and apparent somersaults. I also can't lay on either side for more than an hour before my hip bones feel like they're in danger of poking through my flesh. While I still don't have much of a bump, I'm definitely heavier in the pelvis and front, so with that and the painful pubic bone, I have to actively wake up to carefully roll over to the other side. Consequently, sleep is really crappy and interrupted right now. Maybe it's Nature's way of training us for being up all night in the near future. 

My true bitch fest is my mom. I literally cannot have an adult mother-daughter conversation about pregnancy related things without her comparing her single pregnancy to what I am experiencing and how her experiences are apparently the gold standard for pregnant women everywhere. She asked this morning why I was so testy, beyond not caring about her conversation of choice, I told her that I am not getting very good sleep lately and why. "Well, I never had a lick of trouble sleeping throughout my entire pregnancy with you, I slept like a log. And I was working up until the day I had you, I never had any trouble walking. It must be because you're fat and I was thin as a rail the entire pregnancy. Quit whining." *makes stabby motions*
  • Options
    I think I had a minor contraction or two last night. Freaked DH and I out enough that we couldn't fall asleep until 1 am keeping a look out for more/more intense ones. Nothing happened, and we we're finally able to sleep. Queue DD waltzing into our room at 2 and then again at 5.
  • Options
    @neeraja_k I’m sorry your mom is being such an over-ripe peach. If you do end up stabbing her, plead temporary insanity due to hormones.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well.