November 2018 Moms

Questions Week of 7/17

13»

Re: Questions Week of 7/17

• I don't even let unvaccinated kids around my almost 2-year-olds. 

It's a bit of a problem since my husband's oldest friend didn't vaccinate his daughter, so getting together can be hard and any family/friend events mean that either his daughter can't come or our sons can't.

I'd have absolutely no problem saying hell no to unvaccinated kids around my newborn.  Too dangerous.  End of story.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• @MouseMama817 that is the exact reason some friends took their toddler out of day care and sprung for a nanny - their newborn son landed in the hospital with a high fever after she brought home a virus. 

@iheartbooks I would definitely be on board with no visitors, especially in November but just generally it’s not something i would want to deal with. I doubt we will get any offers though! 

• Loading the player...
  • When we had DD our entire family was in our hospital room moments after I left recovery. And you know how tiny hospital rooms are. We had both sets of grandparents, my SIL + her daughter, DH’s brother + his daughter. It doesn’t sound like a lot but that’s 10 people including DH and I in that small room. It felt like a train station and we had no idea all those people were coming. This time I’m going to request that just grandparents visit the first night, then the next day we’ll allow short visits from other family.