Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 7/23

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.** 
**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for? 

Cycle/Month?

WTO/TWW? 

Ages of other child(ren)? 

Any thoughts about this cycle? 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag:

GTKY: If you could share 3 pieces of advice with your younger self (before having kids!) what would they be?

Re: TFAS w/o 7/23

• What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 3/3

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 9 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Feeling like we are missing the FW right now  :#

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: DD started walking this past week! She has already gone from only walking when I bribe her, to walking to grab toys.

GTKY: If you could share 3 pieces of advice with your younger self (before having kids!) what would they be?
    1) Enjoy all the time with YH and time to yourself, because you're never going to have time anymore. 
    2) Quit complaining about your bloated belly and how "fat" you are. That's the best body you'll ever have.
    3) Don't be afraid of labor, you're not going to die during it.
  • MRDCleMRDCle member

What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 1/1

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? Lots of thoughts - this is our first time trying and wow I'm already pretty overwhelmed by how tiring it can be. And I worry that once I O I'm going to drive myself up a wall during the TWW but, only time will tell!

Any questions? Nope.

Rant/Rave/Brag: Holy cow DS was whiny this weekend.  He woke up in a great mood on Saturday AM but after nap he was just whining basically non-stop. He wanted to watch a movie, but oh no not that movie, wanted to play ball but if you had the ball for more than 15 seconds "Awwww I don't get to plaaaaaaaaaaay." And every morning - "Mom I want candy." Bro, I've told you before.  You're not getting a starburst before 7am. Just no. 

1. Develop a special spot where you can hide candy, both from your future husband and child.
    2. Sleep in when possible.
    3. Get a hobby that gets you out of the house. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • MRDCleMRDCle member
    @marebear15 walking at 9 months! That's wild! I don't think DS was even fully crawling at that point :D 
  • What number are you trying for? 2nd of our own, 3rd counting Niece 

Cycle/Month? 12/9

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? DS will be 3 on th le 4th, neice 9.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? I am feeling pretty good this cycle. Also superstitious. So with DS I tested on Thanksgiving BUT that was also neice bday. AF is due on 31/1 and will be officially late by DSs bday....

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: Rant- we had a rough weekend. I think DS was still fighting off his virus cause he was super moody still. Seemed better this morning so hopefully o get my silly boy back.

GTKY: If you could share 3 pieces of advice with your younger self (before having kids!) what would they be? oh man. I'm not really sure here. 
  • @marebare15 walking?! Wow, that's great! DS didn't walk until 2wks after his 1st bday.

@MRDCle my DS is also all about the candy! He was begging yesterday morning. No luck for him either though!
  • @MRDCle @prpl11butterfly I was shocked by how early she walked too! She's always been early on the gross motor skills--sat up at 4 months, crawled at 6. Her daddy walked at 10 months, and her uncle at 9, so it's in the genes. I didn't walk til 12 months.
  • @marebear15 Woo hoo! Yay for DD walking! She'll be running before you know it!
    @MRDCle I could totally go for a starburst right now! Have you ever tried them roasted? I saw it on Pinterest and it looks delish, but I don't know anyone IRL who had tried it (and we haven't been camping/in front of a fire for a while).
    @prpl11butterfly FX that 'history' repeats itself and you get a BFP on DS's bday!

What number are you trying for? 

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? TWW (waiting for AF)

Ages of other child(ren)? 14 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Dunzo. Onto next month!

Any questions? How the heck do you change your kids when all they want to do is roll and stand on the changing table?? (Also, when do you stop using the changing table? I feel like we're getting to a safety hazard here if he continues to stand...) Half the time he's fine if I give him something to hold/inspect, the other half he is a nightmare.  It legit took me 25 minutes after his bath to lotion him up, put a diaper and his pj's on.  

Rant/Rave/Brag: Yesterday DS only drank one bottle of milk (ugh, still warmed though!). He drank the rest of his cold milk from his straw bottle. I'm hoping he's going to be okay at school drinking it cold from his straw bottle. I am sick of warming his milk, lol.

1. Finish craft projects/the tee shirt quilt before DS comes.
    2. Do kegels regularly!
    3. Force DH to change diapers, and don't micromanage him.

• MRDCleMRDCle member
    @lilly91613 umm NO re: starbust.  I will be looking this up.

On the topic of fighting diaper changes - I would just start doing them standing on the floor. We did standing changes from like, 18 months through PT. Once you get the hang of them they're not so bad.

• @marebear15 Yay for walking!  Such a great milestone.

@mrdcle I'm finding 3 is a tough age for them and me!!

@prpl11butterfly I hope your superstitious tradition is right!

@lilly91613 I never had changing tables for that reason.  On the ground (where I can pin their shoulders with my feet if needed) was easier for me and I never risked a fall.

What number are you trying for? 3

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW?  TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 3 yo twins

Any thoughts about this cycle?  Our timing was good though not often...I'm driving myself nuts with symptoms.

Any questions? Nope.

Rant/Rave/Brag:  Having a tough time.  H and I got into a massive fight yesterday.  One of the girls closed a basement door and somehow locked herself in a room with the lights off.  H had to bust the door open because we have no idea where the key is so now the frame is ruined.  He has a short temper and that pushed him over the edge yesterday.  He gives the silent treatment because he says he doesn't want to say something he doesn't mean just because he's angry, but silence sucks.  And I'm finding I'm not really fitting in here.  I'm not temping so I don't feel confident jumping into the TWW/WTO threads and I just don't think the GTKY threads are enough to be considered a member of the community.  Just a little pity party for 1 over here.  Ugh.

1. Get out of town for any reason - camping, hiking, going to the mountains.  You'll miss small, silly getaways.
    2. Come up with a house cleaning routine and schedule and hopefully you can stick to it...?
    3. You don't know anything about raising kids.  Don't try to offer advice to moms.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @MRDCle@mermaidca Thanks for the advice! I guess I'm just gonna have to start getting used to changing him on the floor. I've definitely used my leg to pin him down before, so that is prolly going to be happening more often. I just hope that poop won't be flying everywhere because DS is a flight risk whenever I try to get him to stay in one spot. 

Also, @mermaidca hugs! I also feel like I don't fit in here since I don't participate in the daily WTO/TWW threads because I don't temp/do OPKs. I do like the GTKY dailies and this TFAS thread. I figure, if you participate and are helpful to others you most definitely belong here.

• What number are you trying for? 3

Cycle/Month? 2/3

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 4 year old son and a daughter in heaven

Any thoughts about this cycle? This cycle was annoying.  I had crazy temps first from being on vacation and then from being sick.  At least I ovulated 11 days earlier than last cycle.  Still ovulating kinda late, but it's getting there.  We only had sex once during the fertile window, so hoping it's enough.

Any questions? Not at the moment

Rant/Rave/Brag: If I get pregnant this cycle, I would be due around April 12, which is not great for my profession (I do bookkeeping and taxes).  Plus I would feel bad just starting this new job and then having to tell them that!  If I don't get pregnant, I will have my period the weekend I go visit my husband in Portland :-(

Cycle/Month? 4

WTO/TWW? WTO, but I'm hoping O is imminent. Like today or tomorrow!

Ages of other child(ren)? 20 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? This is going to sound insane so please don't judge me lol. At acupuncture yesterday I was so so relaxed and kind of felt like I was in the between sleep and awake state so I took the meditation/rest time to tell our future baby that we love him/her and we're ready whenever s/he wants to come and join our family. Typing this out I totally feel like a crazy person, but I don't think it hurts to put those vibes out in the universe! I also had a chat with my acupuncturist about not setting expectations and putting too much pressure on myself, so I'm trying to be cautiously hopeful, but I also feel like I need to distract myself from this TWW coming up. I feel like I'm going to drive myself crazy and get obsessed again. 

Any questions? So DD constantly says "I sorry!" now. When she's upset, when she doesn't get her way, when she's scared, when she can't think of anything else to say and wants to fill silence. I feel like this makes me look like a monster of a parent, but I swear I don't know why she's doing it. I have been training her to say sorry when she's done something deliberate (like pinch me hard, or throw her cup or food on the floor and make a mess for me to clean up, etc). I don't know how to give her the words she's actually looking for. We've been trying to teach her the word "scary" so she can say that but it's not sticking. 

Rant/Rave/Brag: My bday weekend went pretty well even thought I was feeling like everything was a bummer Friday morning. We had a really fun dinner at Benihana on Friday (DD was a bit scared of the cooking show and kept saying "I sorry! I sorry!" ugh. poor baby!), I went to six flags with bestie on Saturday, and then I had my special acupuncture appointment yesterday. I also managed to not change any poopy diapers over the weekend, so yay for that. 

GTKY: If you could share 3 pieces of advice with your younger self (before having kids!) what would they be? Don't date or go near certain dudes, don't bother trying to major in bio, learn to cook (I still can't cook lol). 
    *TW*

Me: 31 Him: 32

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

BFP #2 3/11/16 - DD born 11/16

TFAS since April 2018

• @marebear15 wow walking at 9 months is insanity! DD started talking at 9 months, but walking didn't come until she was 14.5 months! Start baby proofing higher up around your house if you haven't already! Their little reach goes up quick! 

@MRDCle there must be something in the water because DD was unbearable this weekend, too. She lost her shit over diaper changes (no rash or anything), and I have no idea what her deal was. 

@prpl11butterfly I was superstitious about so many things last cycle and I feel like it got my hopes up too high. I re-watched the Great Sperm Race and it did help me feel better about our failed cycles so far and I think helped temper my expectations for this month. It's so hard not to get hopes up, though! 

@lilly91613 We're getting to a dangerous point with the changing table, too. I think most people use the floor, beds, the couch, etc. I use so many things on the changing table I'm going to need to get a diaper caddy for my creams and such. 

@mermaidca I'm sorry you're not feeling like you fit in here! I don't see why you couldn't jump into the GTKY thread. Are you tracking CM? That's usually a pretty good indicator of O assuming you have regular cycles since you're not temping. I definitely feel closer to the ladies in the TFAS group than in the TWW/WTO threads especially because I can't talk about my kid in those threads and she's such a huge part of my life. 

@sparklingdiamond at least your cycles sound like they're moving back towards normalcy. FX for you!
    *TW*

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

TFAS since April 2018

Cycle/Month? 3/3

WTO/TWW? TWW, waiting for AF after 2 BFN

Ages of other child(ren)? 1

Any thoughts about this cycle? I really thought this was going to be a successful cycle. I told H on Saturday that because of how my temps are looking, to not get his hopes up. He didn't say much, just shrugged his shoulders. I think maybe he did that because he didn't want to cause me to be upset if he acted/felt bummed.

Any questions? How exactly do you change diapers with kids standing up?

Rant/Rave/Brag: DS is turning into a sneaky/testing toddler. He likes to push the limits on rules, especially with his grandparents! He's really good about going up and down stairs. Someone always walks behind him when he goes up stairs, but he's very careful. We're also having the diaper changing battle.

GTKY: If you could share 3 pieces of advice with your younger self (before having kids!) what would they be? Take more pictures with H before kids and after kids, no matter how many books you read you still won't know everything about labor/babies/breastfeeding, ask for help more often and don't try to do too much all by yourself.

Cycle/Month? 9/10

WTO/TWW? I think today is O day.

Ages of other child(ren)? 19 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Praying.

Any questions? Nope.

Rant/Rave/Brag: Had so much fun with my DS at the zoo today.  It was perfect weather, not busy, and we saw lots of fun things including a one week old chimp!

GTKY: If you could share 3 pieces of advice with your younger self (before having kids!) what would they be?  Travel more, sleep more, care less!
  • Thanks @lilly91613 and @general_organa I think I'm just being a baby haha.  I've been trying to get in on a few threads here and there just finding it hard to connect and get some good back and forth.  I'm hoping we're all not here long enough for it to really be an issue.  I think most of it is in my head.  I also agree it's tough when you don't want to mention your kids on the other threads, I feel like my world revolves around them most days.

On a great note, H called at lunch and apologized for getting so mad yesterday.  I almost cried I was so relieved he was sorry.  In the last year he's totally changed his "fighting style" if you will, and I really love that he's willing to take responsibility when he should.

@sparklingdiamond Even though it won't be great timing - fingers crossed for this cycle!!
    @general_organa  I love that you connected with your future babe.  It really is sweet - and no harm doing it!  I had acupuncture treatments when TTC last time and not sure if it was the treatments or not but it was shortly after that I got pregnant.  Might have to go make myself an appointment....
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Cycle/Month? 8/7

WTO/TWW? Wto

Ages of other child(ren)? 5.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Already not hopeful due to timing

Any questions? None

Rant/Rave/Brag: dd is in hitting/violence/playing phase but only with dh. He'll say something and she'll answer "want me to punch you in the face" or she just randomly hits him (which is funny some of the time ). he doesn't mind it and they play fight all the time. 

GTKY: only one: do more things outside of your comfort zone. 

@mermaidca the other threads are good for general ttc stuff and random things. 
  • @luckywife10 sorry for the BFNs. I got my hopes up way too much last month, too. 

@sparty18 that one week old chip must have been adorable! How fun! 

@mermaidca my life definitely revolves around DD 85% of my day. I think it does take a minute to get more acquainted and settled into this group, though. So many people have been struggling for a while, I think they/we can be a bit guarded with newcomers because so many newbies intro, get BFP, and disappear to the BMBs. Also, I did acupuncture last time we were TTC, too, and I got KU on my third month doing it, so I'm really hoping it helps! 

@asupernovablizzardstorm sorry you're already feeling out due to timing. I know how much that sucks!
    *TW*

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

TFAS since April 2018