December 2018 Moms

Due Date Check in 12/17-12/24-Week of 7/16

I've been MIA since last Thursday because of work, so...HELLO!  I stole the GTKY from one of last weeks check-ins.  :)

1. How far along are you? How big is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary?

4. GTKY: What thing(s) from your childhood do you want your child(ren) to experience? 
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Due Date Check in 12/17-12/24-Week of 7/16

• 17 + 5 Large order of fries

This pregnancy is 10 times worse than my first and I'm having a hard time not complaining about it (so I won't go into detail)!  

We are driving 4 hours to SW Colorado to visit my Mom this weekend and I am SO EXCITED!  It was MH's idea to get out of the city and see her, so I thought that was sweet.  He's pretty alright sometimes.  :)  Update on our yard project: Sprinklers are finally done in the front and back yards (that was a long process) and part of our back yard should have sod when I get home from work today!  I'll probably pour an O'Douls with some Clamato (because I'm a classy broad) and sit with my ass on the patio and my toes in the grass tonight!

I grew up in a very small town in KS and want my kids to experience the country.  Camping at the lake, fishing, stargazing (can't really see the stars in Denver  :/), the smell of livestock (yes, I SERIOUSLY love it), rodeos, campfires.  Just because we live in a big city, I don't want them to lose sight of what else is out there.

• @clbness thanks again for starting!  I'm sorry to hear this pregnancy is so much more difficult than your first.  Hopefully things get easier!  I also love the smell of livestock (horses, specifically).  Growing up I loved horses and always wanted to take lessons, but never could.  As an adult I work(ed) on a farm with horses, and the smell is comforting and wonderful.  Camping is also something I want my child to experience, but the issue will be convincing SO.  We haven't gone camping a single time in our 15 years together!

17 +1, the size of a pair of sunglasses??? That doesn't sound right.

2. How are you feeling? Stressed because of stupid doctor bills/ insurance BS and house drama, but otherwise pretty ok.

3. Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary?  Health insurance is the biggest scam in America.  There is literally no other service where you pay and pay every month, and may or may NOT get anything for your money.  Brilliant scheme!  I hate dealing with insurance, both as a patient and as a medical professional.  Seriously, it's the worst. 

4. GTKY: What thing(s) from your childhood do you want your child(ren) to experience?  Large family holidays with all the cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. together.  I will be so sad if we lose that tradition. It's getting harder as everyone is moving away, though. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you, @scaredunprepared!  I need to just quit complaining about all my back pains, nausea, etc and accept the fact it'll probably be like this for the next 22 weeks.  After all, I hoped, prayed and tried for this little baby!

Yes, the smell of horses is just divine!  My high school BF's family owned a feed lot and I would help feed cattle on the weekends.  I miss that smell (and can't wait to go back for my HS reunion in Oct).  Dang it, you need to just drag that guy out camping...does he know what he's missing?!  Come to think of it, MH and I haven't been camping since we've been together either...granted, we've only been together for 5.5 years.  But, he's a camper camper and I'm a tent camper, so that probably has something to do with it...we don't have a camper (yet).

I'm so sorry you're having to deal with insurance...it really is a huge pain and you don't need that stress right now.  I hope they get everything corrected for you!

• 1. 17+3 - pomegranate ! 

2. Tired. Always so tired. 

3. Found out at my check up yesterday that I need to chill with the weight gain. I basically haven’t excercised once this whole pregnancy. I’ve never been big into excercising but consider myself always on the go and active. The thought of trying to fit this in while I’m already exhausted all the time is overwhelming me but I will make it work. Also need to chill with the whole oh I’m pregnant I can eat whatever I want now! Time to start being a little bit more mindful. Last thing I want to do is make things harder for myself after pregnancy and also make anything unhealthy for my little guy. 

4. Great question. I feel the world has changed so much since I was a kid. I agree with @scaredunprepared as a big part of it all was family based. Everyone is everywhere now and it will definitely be different. I grew up with a big pool in my backyard and having family over all the time during summers to swim and bbq. That def won’t be happening for my kid! 
  • @clbness it's still completely understandable to complain when you're uncomfortable, even if this this what you prayed for!  Have a great time at your HS reunion.  Hopefully you get some of that livestock smell lol.  I think we BOTH need to drag our SOs out camping.   Maybe as a babymoon???  I'm also a tent camping gal.  Camping in a cabin, camper,  or RV is just not the same! I'm pretty low maintenance, and definitely outdoorsy. Love to feel close to nature.  I so want my little one to have the same love of the outdoors as I do.  Hopefully he/she will have less of an affinity for video games and more for exploring and climbing trees. I will make it a point to bring this baby hiking and to farms etc. so there is an appreciation for all the beauty in nature. Hopefully lol.  Insurance is a pain, but they are supposedly working on straightening it out.

@lagoose23 yes to the tiredness, weight gain, and exercise.  I've thankfully cooled the weight gain a bit (up 8 ish lbs total, but only 1lb in the last 2 weeks).  I've been allowed to exercise again after 5 weeks.  It's been tougher than I expected getting back into the routine, but I'm getting there slowly. I have to stop making the excuse that I'm tired all the time! I've been going 2x per week, this week the goal is to up it to 3x.  Before I found out I was pregnant I did 5 classes a week. Hopefully i get back to that, but it's definitely getting much harder to do a lot of the exercises with a growing bump in the way.  I keep telling myself that if I quit now, it will only be even more difficult for me later on!  I hope exercising as long as I can through pregnancy will make the 3rd trimester and labor/ delivery easier. 
  • dreamalwaysdreamalways member
    edited July 2018
    Hey everyone, I think I have only posted on here maybe 2 times...but major lurker. Hopefully try to be more active.

1. How far along are you? How big is baby? 18 weeks 1 day. Sweet potato.

2. How are you feeling? Good for the most part, glad to not be sick anymore.

3. Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? *rant* So my brother in law and his wife have always seemed to try to compete with us...buy a house they buy bigger, buy a small fixer upper $100 pop up camper they buy a big fifth wheel..like this takes place literally a few weeks after we do something. They have 4 children and weeks before we told anyone that I was pregnant, we decided to ask them if they were planning on having anymore children (mainly wanted to see if our prediction would be right). They laughed and said, "no, we are completely done. We are content with the 4 we have". Well... a few weeks after telling everyone we were expecting, we get a text saying that they decided they wanted to leave it in Gods hands and they were going to try for another. Yep, saw that one coming. The next month, they announced they were expecting, just days after finding out she was pregnant. They said they knew it was really early but they just couldn't wait to tell everyone... go figure. *End of rant*.

4. GTKY: What thing(s) from your childhood do you want your child(ren) to experience? I think I would just like them to be able to enjoy being a kid. To keep the worries that adulthood seems to bring, away from them as much as I can. I also would love for them to experience the fun times I always had up at my Grandmas place in Colorado. She is now longer alive, but my dad still have the property which as a river running through it. We do make it up there at times, just not even close to as often as I would like. We did go for the 4th of July, the river was so calm and low..and warm! The kids had a lot of fun playing in it. I just hope to be able to give them good memories to look back on one day.

• @dreamalways that is really frustrating about your brother in law and his wife, trying to knock the wind out of your sails. I'm sorry. 
  • Hey all!!
    @clbness, I've got you beat, I've been MIA for like a month, but I've been lurking and figured it's time to jump back in.

18 weeks today- baby is as big as a sweet potato. Which of course made me crave sweet potatoes so now I'm making sweet potato fries for lunch. 

2. How are you feeling?
    Having to pee ALL the time, and feeling hungry 24/7. I'm trying to shove in fruits and veggies when my mouth really wants chips and ice cream. 

3. Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary?
    I've been feeling baby move for about 2 weeks, which has been awesome! I was surprised because I'm a FTM and thought maybe it was too early, but I'm convinced it's him.

4. GTKY: What thing(s) from your childhood do you want your child(ren) to experience? 
    @scaredunprepared- mine is the exact same! Family parties with lots of cousins and extended family. Being so far from my own family at the moment has been making me all kinds of sentimental, and I love all those memories of being with my family growing up.
    Also, playing outside for hours and hours, not being glued to a screen. As a teacher, the amount of screen time my third graders had at home was alarming, and I am convinced it affected their attention capabilities in school.
  • @deutschmama I'll be disappointed if my baby doesn't get the big family experience, but it's not really something we can control if everyone is far apart :(  I also hope this kiddo gets the full outdoor experience.  We've got a decent amount of woods behind our property, so hopefully that entices him or her.  I really feel that playing outdoors does wonders for sensory development and creativity. I would come up with stories and keep my play going for WEEKS pretending to be a Native American, pilgrim, captain of a boat, etc.  When I got into character, I didn't want it to end!  Fingers crossed our children grow up not addicted to screens!
  • @deutschmama Welcome back!  How was your vacation in the states?  I hope you had a great time with family.  I agree so much on getting outside and low screen time.  DD has been SO ADDICTED to PJ Masks lately and I'm like, nope, outside we go...you can pretend to be Gecko outside instead of sitting on the couch watching him.

@lagoose23 I so get it on the weight gain too...I haven't done a bit of exercising either and I think it's affecting my mood.  I hope you get into a groove that's comfortable for you!  It's rough when you're so pooped, so I get it...you're not alone!

@dreamalways Welcome!  I'm so sorry your B & SIL are such one-uppers, that has to be so frustrating.  I don't blame you for being annoyed by it!  Where in CO is your Grandma's place?  I'm in Denver!  I just love the beautiful sights in CO.  <3

@scaredunprepared Pssh, our SO's can go camper camping and you and I can rough it and go fishing, girl!  I think the biggest issue MH has is that he gets REALLY HOT...I mean, the man will sweat in the winter.  He needs an AC at all times (mainly to be able to sleep) or he is miserable.  Otherwise, he is a total manly man and is very handy.

• @clbness- Thanks!! It was so nice, I'm already missing family like crazy.  But I can't complain too much about being in Germany because our insurance is so much better than mine would be in the states. Gotta keep it positive. 

What is PJ Masks?? I have so much learning to do on kid trends!
  • @clbness It is near Durango. My mom use to live right outside of Denver. Yes, I love Colorado so much.. thankfully we dont live too far away. :)
  • clbnessclbness member
    edited July 2018
    @deutschmama Glad you had a great time!  Girl, I envy your healthcare/insurance system.

ETA: PJ Masks is a cartoon about 3 little kids who fight crimes at night and their alter egos are Owlette, Cat Boy and Gecko.  It's cute...and annoying at the same time.  :D

@dreamalways It's so beautiful down there!  My Mom is in Montrose.