Baby Names

Feedback on Girl Names

We are all over the place with girl names and I would love some honest feedback. I know some of these names are considered popular or trendy, but I’m a teacher and have never had anyone with these names in my class since I’ve been teaching for over 10 years. Thanks Ladies!! 

Eden

Addison

Adeline

Brielle

Shae

Lily/ Liliana 

Keira

Scarlett 

Ashlyn 

Lila

Re: Feedback on Girl Names

• mb0112mb0112 member
    Depending on what grade you teach some of these names haven’t “hit you” yet. I teach high school and know one Lily but can think of 3 acquaintances that had a Lily in the past few years.

Popularity aside, I like Lily, Keira/Ciara, Adeline, Scarlett and maybe Eden

The others have a trendier less classy vibe to me but maybe it’s just based on a few I have known as a teacher.

• It’s likely because even if you teach kindergarten the trendy names haven’t hit you yet. 

Eden, Lily, Lila, or Scarlett

• Loading the player...
  • @bbiutmcph are these the ones you like or the ones you find trendy?
  • *elissa* said:
    @bbiutmcph are these the ones you like or the ones you find trendy?
    The ones I would vote yes to use. They are popularbut far less trendy than the rest

• Eden would get my vote from your list, and it isn't one that's trendy where I live. I know several little Addison/Adelines, Brielle and Ashlyn are trendy and just don't sound very pretty to me. Kyra or Lyla are okay, and I think Lily and Scarlett are more timeless even if they are having a trendy moment. 
  • Eden and Brielle are probably the least popular on your list and two of my favorites. 
  • Love Lila (or Liza?), Adeline (or Adelaide?), Lily (Lillian sounds more polished than Liliana to me)

I think Scarlett and Eden are alright. 

You can do MUCH BETTER than Brielle, Shae, Keira, or Ashlyn
  • I really like Eden, Liliana, Scarlett, Lila

I really dislike Addison (incredibly trendy), Ashlyn, and Brielle

The rest I feel neutral about. 
  • Eden is probably my favorite. I know one toddler named Lyla, but I don't think Lila is super common these days. I like Addison over Adeline, but pretty much all Addy names are super popular!
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Of your list, I prefer Lila or Lily. Definite no to Addison/Adeline/Addie. I don't care for  Brielle, Ashlyn, Scarlett or Eden -- sound a little trashy/stripper-ish to me. Keira and Shea are just very forgettable.