January 2019 Moms

Weekly Ticker Change, EDD Jan 15-21: w/o 7/17

EDD?

Symptoms?

Upcoming appointments?

R/R/Q:

GTKY (borrowed from some of the other weeks’ check-ins last week!): 
What is one name you would love to use but your SO won't agree to it? 

Re: Weekly Ticker Change, EDD Jan 15-21: w/o 7/17

• EDD? 1/15, 14 weeks today!

Symptoms? 
    Nothing too exciting, still getting some headaches but not quite as bad as they were for a while.

Upcoming appointments? 
    I have a routine prenatal appt this morning. Really hoping they’ll have the results of the genetic testing we did!

R/R/Q: 
    I had a really productive weekend researching daycares and registry items! Kind of worried that most of the daycares don’t seem to have openings until next summer, though. We may have to get real creative April-May!

What is one name you would love to use but your SO won't agree to it? I love the name Clementine but DH thinks it’s too hipstery. I actually love it because of a video game series (Telltale’s Walking Dead games), so I feel like that makes it less hipstery, but oh well! 
  • EDD?
    1/21 (13+2)

Symptoms?

Still a bit nauseous, major pregnancy brain (if that’s a symptom), and I’m starving 

Upcoming appointments?
    8/6

R/R/Q:
    Anxiously awaiting our Panorama results. 

Deacon. I absolutely love the name, but MH won’t let me use it and got my family onboard vetoing it. His argument is that he is Catholic and what if his son grows up to be a Deacon. 
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD?

Jan 17th but its twins so my doctor said we are shooting for the end of December-ish.

Symptoms?
    I really feel pretty good overall and not having anything major at the moment.  

Upcoming appointments?
    Ultrasounds every two weeks, the next will be July 30th.

R/R/Q:
    Vaginal ultrasounds every two weeks until 21 weeks.  I really hate vaginal ultrasounds.  

I absolutely love the name Hunter but my DH hates it.  Something about his ex-girlfriend giving him a dog named Hunter 85 years ago? Lol
  • EDD?

1/17 14 weeks today!

Symptoms?

I think things are starting to settle down. Nausea has eased the last couple of days. Hoping it is on its way out!

Upcoming appointments?

Next US is the 26th.

R/R/Q:

Finally got my panorama results back. Everything came back low risk and we're having a baby girl!!! 

I think we've actually already agreed on a name, so hasn't been an issue. 

@Augusta108 @achays11 Any results from genetic testing yet?

@wildcat2017 transvaginal ultrasounds are the worst! But yay for getting to see your littles every 2 weeks!
  • @achays11, I think that if you named the baby Deacon and he grew up to be a deacon that would actually be pretty cool!

@wildcat2017, I got pretty used to vaginal ultrasounds during IVF, but I was definitely happy to get to switch to abdominal ones at my last ultrasound. Sorry you have to keep having them for a while yet! At least the picture quality is usually a lot better...?

@jess5263, yay for your good Panorama results! At our appointment the nurse practitioner said ours were still listed as “pending”. Hoping we hear something by tomorrow, I’m starting to get pretty antsy!
  • @jess5263 no results yet. I just tried to call my dr, but they are at lunch so i’ll try again in a bit. It’s only been 4 business days, so I’m not hopeful. 

@augusta108 I think it would be really cool too! I did get him to agree to the two names that I have picked out this go around that I really like, so I guess I’m sort of winning. 
  • EDD?
    January 21

Symptoms?

Still not much of an appetite, food aversions, fatigue! And a new one has started recently - pain in my pubic bone. Its a pain/ache whenever I walk or roll over in bed. Google says its normally a 3rd trimester symptom so not sure what to make of that. 

Upcoming appointments?
    Had an ultrasound on July 12. Waiting for the results of the testing to confirm due date is still accurate. Tech said I looked like I might be a couple of days ahead of where we thought. 

R/R/Q:
    Been MIA from The Bump for the last few weeks because I just don't have the energy to compose posts at the end of the day! People keep telling me that 2nd trimester will bring back my energy - I can't wait!

Hmmm... I can't think of one of these... however, my husband really likes Charles, but I'm not a fan. TMI warning: baby was conceived while on vacation in Charleston,SC. I'm not a huge fan of the naming after conception location idea!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @Rachel2066 I get a pain in my pubic bone too, I have with all of my pregnancies. It usually happens when I get up too fast. My dr just said it’s normal stretching. 

Also, our baby girl is named Charlie and I love it. She would have been named Charles if she was a boy and I was not a fan of the formal version so we also would have used Charlie if she was a boy. Is there a nickname that you like that goes with it? 
  • EDD?
     Jan 19
    Symptoms?

nauseous non stop, insomnia, wild dreams, fatigue....glamorous 
    Upcoming appointments?
    August 7th I believe...I could be wrong

R/R/Q:
    went shopping at target and didn't buy anything baby...serious accomplishment 

Well he wants to name our son after his dad, which is also his name, the baby would be a 3rd. I am in the camp of the baby having his own name, and I also don't like my H's name at all, or hide middle name. So basically any name he won't agree to.
  • @LeahNicole MH is a Jr too and mentioned that he wouldn’t mind naming a boy after him. I vetoed that big time because I believe the kid should have his own name, and MH and FIL don’t even go by their first name. They both go by their middle name. 
  • EDD? 1/19 Symptoms? Just huge feeling. If I don't eat every 4 hours, then I get this weird space out, dizzy thing going on. It happened while we were vacationing in in Savannah on a trolley ride. Oddest feeling ever.

Upcoming appointments?  Tomorrow. Heartbeat scan only I think. Gender scan 8/6.

R/R/Q: GTKY (borrowed from some of the other weeks’ check-ins last week!): What is one name you would love to use but your SO won't agree to? He doesn't like names that start with a J because our last name starts with a J. I love the name Jordan for a boy, but he won't use it. 
    Me: 31 I DH: 31
    Met: 9/8/08; Engaged: 9/8/11; Married 6/30/12
    TTC#1: 8/2013; BFP: 9/30/13; born June 2014 (boy)
    TTC#2: 2/2018; BFP: 2/26/18; MC 4/4/18.
    TTC#2: 4/2018; BFP: 5/12/18; EDD: 1/19/19 (boy)
    2 fur babies: Oakley Marley (11.5) & Ava Lynn (2)

BabyGaga
  • greenhillgirlgreenhillgirl member
    edited July 2018
    EDD? 1/17/19 14+3

Symptoms?
    Not sleeping well- insomnia, get shaky if I eat white carbs or sugar by itself for first time in my life. Serious ligament pains

Upcoming appointments?
    Anatomy scan on my birthday 8/6 :) and OBGYN on 8/17

R/R/Q:
    I'm so tired of not sleeping well. I try not to drink after 8 or 9pm but pee all night until 2 or 3. Then I wake up a bunch of sleep lightly until about an hour before I get up for work. Then I crash and can barely get out of bed. It sucks.

What is one name you would love to use but your SO won't agree to it?  We've already picked a name :)