C/P 03/01/2018
BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: FFFC 7/20

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    KLS123KLS123 member
    kianarain said:
    Lmao let the flaming begin... I'm like 75% sure I'm going to pierce my little girl's ears in her first year. Still open to it, but it's a cultural thing (her daddy's Mexican) and I mean, it's adorable. 
    I so wish you had put this on the UO post instead of a Flame Free Friday...I will admit I carry judgment when I see a tiny baby with a body mod like ear piercing that they clearly didn't choose for themselves.
    My SIL pierced my niece's ears before she was 2 months old...aka didn't have a tetanus shot yet...I don't want to perpetuate "Mommy Shaming" so I kept my opinion to myself but you bet I had a lively internal dialog going on in my head.
  • Options
    kianarain said:
    Lmao let the flaming begin... I'm like 75% sure I'm going to pierce my little girl's ears in her first year. Still open to it, but it's a cultural thing (her daddy's Mexican) and I mean, it's adorable. 
    My mom had my ears pierced when I was a month old, and I'm glad she did.  It was done safety in a doctor's office, rather than in a gross mall shop by some random person with dubious training. There was also much less risk of infection than their would have been if I'd had them pierced as a pre-teen.

• Options
    After I was done taking the progesterone I slacked off a tiny bit on my meds. I've only missed them twice since then but I felt super guilty when I woke up the next day. Most of the time I remember right after I've fallen asleep and I wake up enough to take them. However, I skipped my stool softener last night and I regret the decision now. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    @sparkymcgeee I need to add stool softener to my regimen. Lord help my booty hole. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
  • Options
    @KLS123 lol I considered it yesterday, but it's a personal choice based on culture and I don't really feel like getting flamed for it. Call it strategy? Lol.

@AshVA yesss! I had mine pierced when I was 10 and played with them SO much, and wasn't great about cleaning them either. I think I'll wait until we have some vaccinations, maybe like 6 months or so, but 100% agree with a big N.O. on the piercing guns in the local Claire's or whatever. Yuck, I'm not letting a 17 year old anywhere near my baby with a needle lol. We'll do it somewhere safe that we trust - preferably a doctor's office. 
  • Options
    I know we talked about this on UO before. It was probably May so understandably some people may not have been around yet. 
    https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12728943/uo-5-17/p1 

I won't do it but I understand why some people do for cultural reasons. To do it just to do it is not my deal though. My daughter is 7 and will not have it done for several more years. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    I have recently figured out I don’t think I can be a full time SAHM. I’ve always said I wanted to be a SAHM but I need to be working at least part time. We don’t have the money with one income to be able to do classes during the day and it’s too damn hot in the summer to go to the park or do outside activities.  My new tutoring job will be perfect for being a mom and being able to bring in an income. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @sparkymcgeee oooh yep, that was before my time - but thanks for linking!! Also, makes me 100% stand by my decision to post in FFFC :lol: I'm sensitive AF these days lololol
  • Options
    I am glad my parents didn't pierce my ears when I was little. I don't want pierced ears.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    KLS123KLS123 member
    edited July 2018
    I guess I should have added SIL did it purely for aesthetics as it is not culturally traditional nor is it a family tradition in anyway...I mean the baby is fine so it worked out okay but it just seemed like such an unnecessary exposure to infection and those of us who got their ears pierced at an older age (late teens for me) remember how uncomfortable it was as they were healing...can't imagine going through that as a baby while also teething and whatnot. 
    I struggle mostly with the fact that it is making a cosmetic body modification choice for a tiny human who can't personally consent to it. I'm very much hoping I am not having a boy and have to make the decision to circumcise or not on his behalf before he has a say in the matter...I'm putting that one on DH. I guess that's kind of what parenting is all about though so I probably need to get over that quickly lol

@kianarain I get cultural traditions and am glad you are taking safety precautions into consideration, I respect that choice.

@sparkymcgeee I think I was still just a lurker back in May  :D now I'm going to have to go back and read that UO thread

Edited to add: well I just went back and read that UO and it seems my comment above is pretty redundant to what was stated there for the most part (relating it to circumcision *kind of* and consent and making a parental choice on behalf of your kids etc. etc.)
  • Options
    @sparkymcgeee this is the only way sex is happening in our house lately. We are both too tired at night, and we never know what time the little one will wake up. Middle of the night/early morning sex it is. I'm tired anyways!

Going to work is the only break I get. Every other second of my life I have a child touching me or being loud or mad at each other. LOL. They really get along great but my girls are loud! I'm an introvert and I get exhausted. My work is stressful yet it still feels like 'me' time. I'm impressed with SAHM's. I do think I would prefer part time but I live in California and that's just not possible to survive.
  • Options
    I think I would be a better mom if I worked.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    As a teacher, I think being a SAHM would be better than teaching all day since it would only be my kids rather than 30, but there is no way we could afford it. I’m already surrounded by kids all day every day without much of a break... being a SAHM seems like the same thing with less paperwork. 

My confession is is that I absolutely LOVE watching pimple popping videos. I watched a blackhead extraction video for a full 15 minutes last night and it was so relaxing. 
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
  • Options
    @DLpanda08 omg YES! Do you follow dr. pimple popper? Some are a little too surgical/gnarly for me, but the blackhead ones I can watch for....hours.
  • Options
    @DLpanda08 YES!! long time follower of Dr Pimple Popper :) I disagree w @kianarain though -- blackheads are boring, give me an impacted pussy mess any day :) so satisfying.

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• Options
    jgil85jgil85 member
    kianarain said:
    You do you girl. If I was having a daughter, I'd definitely get her ears pierced early on. I had mine pierced when I was 6 and couldn't take care of them and they got infected constantly to the point where I had to have them cut out of the back of my ears. I think little baby girls are so cute when they have their ears pierced. 
  • Options
    jgil85jgil85 member
    I haaaate being a sahm. I really miss work, I miss my girlfriends from work and just the feeling of accomplishment I felt. DH and I know its what's best for our family but I still just miss it. 
  • Options
    I can't watch the pimple pop videos. It makes me want to vomit. I refuse to watch things like that. Vet shows where they show abcess injuries are just as bad. I can't. Ew. 

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    @kianarain yes! I am a longtime subscriber! DS and I both love watching her videos and I fully plan on streaming her show on TLC on my iPad when I’m up late for feedings once baby girl gets here. I’m not picky either... I’ll watch them all! SIL is an ER nurse and I’m always asking her for gross medical stories. 
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
  • Options
    @wkuandrea I totally had to do a re-read of your post! That did not come across right the first time. :smiley:
  • Options
    @leighbrek :D oh god I just re-read that. PUS. We all know that’s what i was talking about 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• Options
    I'm nauseous now ladies. I'm glad I finished my lunch before I read this. 
  • Options
    Ideally I would work part time (or even full time hours but fewer days- four 10s would be great). That has always been my ideal with young kids. Im finding it challenging to accrue any sort of PTO or use more than a day here or there for actual free/fun time working M-F 8-5. It all seems to go to doctors appointments and kid sick days etc. I also have a tough time prioritizing dates or couples time because it feels like our family time is so limited.

I have a masters degree & work for an employer where I have plenty of room for advancement. I carry our insurance & my husband doesn’t have an insurance option with his employer. The only part time benefit eligible jobs near me are at hospitals, and since I don’t have a medical degree my only options would probably be scheduling/Secretary jobs that don’t require a degree at all (I used to have this kind of job while I was pursuing my masters degree). Even though I’m worried about what this would do to my future employment prospects, I’m considering the option for work/life balance. 
    Me (28) & DH (35)
    Met 4/2010+Married 8/2014 
    TTC #1 August 2016BFP 10/2016= DD Born 6.23.17
    NTNP April 2018. BFP 5/2018 EDD 1.29.19 *Team Green*

• Options
    libertymomrnlibertymomrn member
    edited July 2018
    DH is more moody than I am and it drives me nuts. I worked a 13 hour shift today and I texted him this from work- “Do you think you could take care of dinner tonight? It can be really simple; just so I don’t have to do it. And so I can eat soon after getting home because I will be needing to eat  by then to avoid getting super sick.”

He responded, “Sure” and I responded with a heart.

Then he decides to plan a super complicated meal that requires him to install a convection fan on the smoker. So when the convection fan set-up isn’t working well, he gives up entirely on any dinner whatsoever, and spends the rest of the evening until I get home sulking in our room. 

By by the time I get home, I have a massive headache brewing, and I’m super nauseous. I need to eat RIGHT NOW, and dinner isn’t even started, and the kids are all hungry, too. So I tell DH we need to get take-out. He says, “ We are not going out to eat.” I will him to make dinner for the kids and I’m leaving to get food for me. 

So now I feel super crappy, and have to figure out some type of fast but non greasy food I am an get super quickly, and DH is all butthurt at home. If I get home and the kids are still hungry; I’m going to lose it.
  • Options
    This is gross so be warned

My H has been sick and today he's been farting non stop.  I went to grab the dog to snuggle on the couch, she was right by my H and he farted without warning and a threw up my whole dinner.  Did I mention my IL's here.  :s
  • Options
    @libertymomrn I would have been so pissed I don’t even know what I would have done. You reacted more maturely than I would have. Good job!!

@galactickates omg that sounds miserable! Hope you can kick him into a different room for sleeping and can have some fresh air. Our dog has been sick and she has what we call garbage truck farts. It is intense. 
  • Options
    galactickatesgalactickates member
    edited July 2018
    @alexandraseattle that's such an accurate description.  My H hasn't seen labyrinth but it's like the big of eternal stench in this place :unamused:
  • Options
    @libertymomrn I “love tit”ed not because I actually like your situation but because it sounds just likes my husband. I’m a really even-keeled, take-care-of-business type person (despite a lot of past trauma and anxiety linked to that). My DH throws fits (like it sounds like yours did) and it’s really frustrating because it’s just not productive! I’m sure you try to soft pedal things around him (I know I do mine) and that’s not fair either. I hope you got some dinner before you got sick, and I hope the kids were fed too by the time you came back!

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• Options
    @DLpanda08 omg cringe. I always wondered who was watching those videos! 

@galactickates, that's a comedy of errors, but I hope that you can get a break from him until he feels better!
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    @kns1988 he woke me up away 3 a.m. to say "no more farting and I feel better!!" I yelled at him to go back to sleep lol