Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Weekend 7/21-7/22

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation.Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 
People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: WTO Weekend 7/21-7/22

• @suzycupcake Thanks for getting this going so early. Sorry about the migraine affecting your timing <3 For me it is infuriating as you will see below. 

@catlover0202 *From Yesterday* No hate here. I used to be a teacher and you guys definitely earn the time during the preceding 10 months. Hope you have fun!

Month/Cycle: 17/15

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: pnv, cmt, Flo app, hio

R/R: I was so excited about our plan for this month (HIO EOD) that I have been trying to make it fun by getting dressed up and doing my makeup. This is something I never do, but I did it the first night and did it yesterday. I straightened my hair and wore my sexy jeans and a corset. Then, MH came home limping and complaining about the heat. I tried to keep my hopes up, but of course it didn't happen. "Oh I'll go for a swim after we eat and then I'll be cool." We had dinner, watched some things on YouTube and then went over to our neighbour's guest house to try and fix the tv. This would have been the perfect time DTD. Nope. Too hot. He saw the disappointment on my face and apologized on the way home, which I appreciated, but I was still annoyed. I just decided to go to bed and wake up later on to ensure that his mom was asleep. 11:30 came. Nope. "Mom is awake. She just went back downstairs." I went back to sleep for another hour. He woke me up and said "I'm sorry hun. I'm just not feeling well." I could effing scream right now...

CS/Q: -
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited July 2018
    Oh sorry @meri-mac I know how frustrating this is. I hope that he will see the thrill in those moments next time. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• Loading the player...
  • @meri-mac  I’m sorry, I also have been in that situation, although rare lol, but it’s like “come on, there’s only so many days”!! DH and I had a talk last night and I told him “ok the next week, we need to do this!” Ha

Month/Cycle: 12/7

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: all the things (when I remember to temp/take my vitamins, etc) I need to set an alarm for those things

R/R: rave: I’m in a wedding today and I’m so excited for it. But I’m also so nervous for some reason. Rant: the weather...it better start cooperating for this day!

CS/Q: nope, not yet
  • @meri-mac Ugh that's so frustrating that it didn't happen when you tried so hard. Maybe tonight will be better?

@nmbrcrnchr1 Have fun at the wedding today!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: BBT, prenatals, OPKs

R/R: Tomorrow is the bridal shower! Today is all about prep and shopping and hoping I don't spend too much $$$. It's at my house so I've been cleaning all week. My other sister and mom are flying in today so I probably won't be on til Monday.

CS/Q: I discarded my lowest temp even though there was nothing wrong with it, so that FF stopped giving me stupid CHs.

• catlover0202catlover0202 member
    edited July 2018
    @meri-mac I’m sorry things didn’t work out with hio last night, I’m sure he’ll get it together tonight. 

@nmbrcrnchr1 have fun in the wedding! My cousin gets married today and so does one of my DH’s fellow firefighters. We are going to both. Their ceremonies are only one hour apart it’s gonna be a lot of running around!

month/cycle: 2/2

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: hio ED now, temping (not going well, determined that I’m a major mouth breather), checking cm, OPK, cutting back caffeine

R/R: I got my first + OPK today! Well, technically I got a flashing smiley face. I use clear blue and you are supposed to get 2 days ish of flashing smiley faces followed by 48 hours of a solid smiley face (the most fertile days), so my body must be gearing up to O on Monday or Tuesday. This is great timing because DH is off work today, tomorrow and Monday. We will just have to hio early AM Tuesday before he goes to work.

CS/Q: for those of you that use clearblue OPK, do you log your flashing smiley face day as + OPK on FF? Or do you wait until the solid smiley face to log it as a + OPK? I logged it as a + but not sure what to do?
  • @meri-mac sorry about your dh. Hopefully he makes it up to you tonight. 

@nmbrcrnchr1 @catlover0202 @marebear15 have fun this weekend ladies! 

Month/Cycle: 7 /8

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: HIO, temping, OPKs 

R/R: even tho I barely got any sleep the night before, I stayed up until 2 am watching Scandal on Netflix. No plans this weekend besides packing for vacation and cleaning my floors bc the puppy peed every where. Puppy sitting has reinforced that I want a baby and not another pet. 

CS/Q: nothing yet
  • @meri-mac  I pretty much had the same HIO experience Thursday and Friday. I put on some sexy time clothes and then he couldn’t keep it up to finish the job :/
    @nmbrcrnchr1 Have fun at the wedding!!!
    @marebear15  Have a fun weekend!!

Month/Cycle: 2/2(13 overall 5 benched)

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: Supplements, EOD, BBT/CM

R/R:  Lots of cleaning today to prep for more painting. My husband and I share a closet, small closet, and don’t have storage to switch things out by season. Not that he would anyway because all he wears is T-shirt’s, and has always has job that give T-shirts (thanks software.) Well the spare room we are cleaning out also is 3/4 his stuff and that closet needs to be empty by end of summer. He wanted to have a chill weekend. NOPE SORRY NOT HAPPENING YOU’RE PURGING SHIRTS TODAY OR IM THROWING SHIT OUT. Picture in spoiler if his ridiculous T-shirt collection.

CS/Q: I had a slight temp rise today which would be above where I think my CL would be, so maybe I Od yesterday, that would be early for me so I’m not convinced. My temps are all over place this month though, also unusual. Stupid mobile wont let me spoiler two separate areas

Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @meri-mac That is so frustrating to try to spice things up and put in all that effort for nothing, I’m sorry!

@nmbrcrnchr1 Hope you have a great time at the wedding!

@catlover0202 I used to use the CB OPKs. There is actually a specific spot in FF for logging those. The Monitor/Advanced OPK is used for those. You input High for the flashing smiley days and Peak once you get the solid smiley. Your O day will usually be 1-2 days after Peak. 

@asupernovablizzardstorm Awww puppy pee, lol. Not fun to clean, but puppy!!

@kindbytealikat Haha way to put your foot down!  

Month/Cycle: 9/10

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: All the things. My OPKs look a little lighter than the last two days so I think I can stop stressing about another CD9 O and take the night off from HIO tonight. Whew. 

R/R: It’s a rainy day, but I think this is actually my rave today. We have some indoor plans anyway and I’m in a lazy day mood so it’s nice to not feel like we need to get outside. Don’t tell me I said that come winter. 

CS/Q: 
  • ska8471ska8471 member
    edited July 2018
    @kindbytealikat can totally relate to the too many tshirts issue. Husband is the same...he has tshirts in the closest older than our 11 year relationship...more come in all the time through work but none ever leave! 

Month/Cycle
    : 4/3

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: HIO EOD, OPKs, charting temps, CM

R/R: My rant is against myself in that I've been struggling to keep up with and actively participate in this group - which for my sanity I need, as we haven't told more than 1 person that we're TTC. July has been madness - 10 day trip home, 2 courses for work to complete, toddler in the house, appointments, etc. Four day camping trip ahead too...right in the fertile window...this should be interesting! Rave: husband finished putting together the new wooden swing set for DD and I organized our storage uunder the stairs...a lot of tossed/donated items out of my space!  :)

CS/Q: Chart is fairly boring at this point. Just started OPK for the first time, probably a bit too early considering my longer cycles but eh. Nothing notable to share. 
  • ska8471ska8471 member
    edited July 2018
    @Sparty18 thanks for that OPK answer! I was wondering which OPK option on FF I should use as well. I was just entering -/+ !
  • @Sparty18 thank you!! Makes so much sense!!
  • @catlover0202 You got a pm

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @suzycupcake ok I’m looking all over on the app and didn’t know PMs were a thing here. How do I check my pms?
  • @suzycupcake nm I found them! Sorry I’m such a newb 
  • Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD: 28

WAYDTGKU: Acupuncture, BBT, PCOS Diet, Supplements

R/R:  I officially booked my trip to visit DH in Portland while he is there for work.  This will be a short trip in between jobs for me and I look forward to it.  But wish I could stay longer.

CS/Q:  I really don't know about yesterday's temp.  I woke up at 3 and got up to pee, then fell back asleep and took it at 4:45, which was still an hour and 15 min before normal time.  So not sure if it is even anywhere near it would;ve been with three hours of sleep and not getting up.  Last night I kept waking up every couple hours, but turned over and went back to sleep.  So just leaving the temps as they are now and seeing what happens tomorrow I guess.

• @sparklingdiamond I love that you go visit your husband while he is working, how sweet!

Just came here to rave: I figured out a way to stay cool while outside. I have MS so anything above 78 makes me ill. I put one of my t shirts in ice water and put it on, tying it so it hugged my upper body. I gave myself frequent waterings with the garden hose on my head and clothes. I was able to stay out there in 85 degree heat to finish some much needed gardening for an entire HOUR! This is exciting and it only took me years to figure it out. I still need to invest in a cooling vest though because obs I cannot take a garden hose with me when I go places :D 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @suzycupcake I like travelling, plus it ends up being cheaper travel that way when his company pays for his ticket and are paying for the hotel he stays in.  So I basically just have to pay for my ticket!  And then he gets a certain amount towards food each day, so I try to take advantage of the savings lol.  He travels to Nashville often and I have visited him there several times.  This will be his first time going to Portland.  He may end up having to work on the weekend, so I am just hoping I get to see him some and he doesn't have to work ALL weekend.

Ooo that is a good idea about the shirt!  Glad you figured out a solution.  I don't do well in the heat at all, so am going to try that.
  • @sparklingdiamond That sounds like quite a deal. Do you fly southwest? I ask because you can rack up points on the rewards credit card they have and pay for future flights with them. I'm not usually a promoter of credit cards, but it's a good one if you already make purchases (groceries, dining, etc.) and can pay the balance right away. I hope your husband won't have to work all weekend so you can get some good quality time together. When do you go?

As for the heat, they also make cooling scarves that seem to do a great job so I'm gonna get one of those too but I'll mostly likely get the kind that has gel packs in them. If you go that route, just be careful to make sure there are no warnings on the one you get because there are some that get too cold and shouldn't be left on more than 15-20 minutes. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Thanks ladies! My efforts were not in vain for Saturday morning he was able to rally so nothing lost!
  • @suzycupcake We fly American and have a credit card to get miles with them!  I go Aug 2-5.