Infertility Veterans
Options

Leftover Embryos

I apologize in advance if this is not the appropriate place to post this and/or ask this question.  

I have 2 frozen embryos.  We have decided that we will not be using them (I did several transfers and they didn't work and we cannot afford to do more transfers.  Sadly, my body just doesn't respond well to IVF).  

My question is, does anyone know of a place I can donate them to for scientific research?  And/or other options since we have made the very hard decision not to use them.  
several failed cycles on clomid and lose dose injectibles, IUI #1 2009 - BFN IUI #2 2009 - BFP - boy/girl twins born at 31 weeks. IVF #1= BFN; FET #1 = c/p; FET #2 = c/p, FET #3 = negative, FET #4 = positive, baby stillborn at 24 weeks.  

Re: Leftover Embryos

• Options
    KLake42KLake42 member
    edited March 2017
    There are places that facilitate embryo adoption, if you are interested in donating them to prospective parents.  Google "embryo adoption" to check out what's available in your country.

As for scientific research, have you asked your clinic?  Any facility that stores embryos probably knows where they can be donated.  If your clinic doesn't know, call other local clinics.

Edited to add-- I'm so sorry for the losses you've experienced.
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• Options
    Is your clinic a large clinic? I have embryos stored at NYU where they do their own research and would just be able to donate them there. If not, I would ask your RE for their recommendations.