Infertility

July 2018 IUI

Anyone else doing another IUI this month? I just had my 4th IUI the end of June and am in the awful TWW. If this one fails, I’m afraid we’ll be moving on to IVF. 

Re: July 2018 IUI

• @smittyswifey I’m doing IUI #2. Just had loads of fun w clomid hot flashes in a 95 degree heat wave! The actual IUI will be sometime next week. I hope you get your positive this month! If you don’t, IVF is way more effective than IUI for a lot of women..
  • *lurking*

@smittyswifey GL on the TWW and I hope that you'll have a good news by the end of it and that you won't need to go to IVF :wink:
  • Loading the player...
  • ajd517ajd517 member
    I'm on my 2nd iui.  Just started clomid today.  Last one was a chemical pregnancy, so fingers crossed this one will work and stick this time!
  • Doing our first IUI this month. Because of my our mff, we're doing back to back IUI - IUI two days in a row. It's our first attempt.
    The drugs are kicking my behind. Sweating and hot flashes during this heat wave seem cruel. Lol. Also, I've been sitting around for 3 hours with the "easy cries" and am thankful it's  Saturday at least.
    Wishing you all the best!
  • Fingers crossed for you @ajd517

@jazziep I’ve also been having killer hot flashes thanks to Clomid! The heat wave where I’m at finally broke today and it’s been amazing! I forgot what it felt like to not sweat constantly! 
  • Hey everyone. I know I have been missing for a reallllllly long time, like 3 months, but I just wanted to give everyone an update and wasn’t sure where else to do it. We took April off after our second CP in March. We saw a different clinic at the end of April and they told us that IUI was a waste of time and that we were no longer good candidates for IUI and that they would not work with us unless we did IVF. It was a horrible appointment and left us feeling hopeless, knowing there was no way we could afford IVF right now. Neither of us were ready to venture down that road yet, and we also didn’t like the general attitude and manner of that clinic so we decided to do one last try at our old clinic. My wife gave it her all with acupuncture, lots of vitamins, she drank red raspberry leaf tea every day to help her lining as it was usually only around a 6 or 7 and we both tried to eat right and excercize. We went in four our cycle day 14 scan on May 28th and she had a lining of 9.5 and one follicle measuring 27.2! Crazy improvements from last time. We did our IUI the next day. ****TW We got our BFP from that cycle on our wedding anniversary, July 10th. It was 11 dpiui. We didn’t even let ourselves get our hopes up until we saw that our betas kept doubling. And we finally could breathe a little bit after our 7 week scan on July 5th. Baby looked perfect and was measuring 2 days ahead. We have a 9 week scan on the 18th and still can believe our luck. I hope no one thinks I’m posting all of this to rub your faces in it or anything like that. I didnt update anyone though our iui process in May bc I deleted this app off my phone in a fit of rage and frustration after out terrible appt at the end of April (dramatic, I know lol) and we were just trying to be really chill and not even think about the whole process when we did our last iui. And then when it worked I just wanted to make sure it really actually worked before I said anything. I really hope everyone gets their BFPs this month, really truly. I want it to be everyone’s turn. I do hope that no one gives up hope, I don’t think our journey was as long or difficult as some, but this was our 7th IUI and we were so close to throwing the towel in altogether. We really weren’t sure if we were going to continue at all, but we reluctantly agreed to and I’m so glad we did. Love and babydust to all of you, from the bottom of my heart.  <3<3<3
  • Just had my first IUI after using follistim and trigger shot wednesday. I honestly think i hd already ovulated early tuesday am after giving the trigger based on symptoms, but wasn't sure if the office would think i was a nut for calling.  This is all new and foreign to me. Glad to be among others experiencing infertility. 
  • edited July 2018
    Seriously lurking...

Just did a third IUI and don't have the funds to move onto IVF. So two more and then we're pretty much out.
    Me: 29 DW: 44