October 2018 Moms

Re: FFFC 7/20

• Loading the player...
  • Dammit, every single week I think of one to post and forget it as soon as I click the thread. 
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Start a note on your phone lol 
  • @chyvie ugh, poor you. You are kinder than I am though. My H was in the military for 4 years and it seems like SOOOO many of the wives get caught up in MLM shit. I do not understand. It was so annoying to try to make friends and then they would just try to sell you shit.
  • chyviechyvie member
    @kiwi2628 UGH that would be the worst. I seriously would lose all my friends if I did that shit. I told her that as my excuse. Just said sorry I don't have a lot of friends/ family to sell this too and I'm not one for networking to sell things! LOL 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• sammierose464sammierose464 member
    edited July 2018
    I have very mixed opinions on MLMs.  I have sold Pure Romance and Norwex. My biggest issue is often I can find the exact same product from other stores at a cheaper price. I enjoy using essential oils, but refuse to pay the mark up on MLM oils. Some products I do feel are worth the cost. I absolutely love Usborne Books (and so does SS). However, I hate the sales tactics. I will come to you if I want to buy your product.

ETA: often times the people selling some products are not educated in their safe usage - especially EOs, which turns me off.
  • @kiwi2628 This is definitely a sore subject in our household. DH and I hate these! MIL has literally spent thousands of dollars buying in to a few different types of these companies and has rarely sold anything. I actually blocked her from Facebook because I couldn’t stand seeing her sales things pop up all the time. I can see where some people may be passionate about a particular product, but you don’t have to rub it in my face every time we talk or you’re on fb. Like @sammierose464 said, if I want something from you I will ask you, but chances are I don’t want what you’re selling.

@elothair I wish I had your ambition for Christmas shopping...I’m the one at the mall Christmas Eve with half my shopping to finish! Ugh, I’m hoping amazon will suffice for everyone this year!
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • chyviechyvie member
    I'm very lucky and only have DH and MIL to buy for. Since I'm not close with my family we don't do Christmas. This year I made my sisters promise that they will come for Christmas because I really want them to be in my son's life. They were really excited that I'm having a baby and already have bought him things. So I'm hoping it brings us closer together. 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016

• I really try to avoid the MLMs. A girl I went to high school with got huge into younique, does makeup tutorials, pic comparisons, everything. She asked a few times if I'd every be interested in buying and I told her closer to my wedding I might go for some mascara, but that's be it. She got me ser up to buy it just had to say when, never pushed anything else or becoming a seller which was nice. She checks in every couple of months to see if I need more or not but that's it. People like that I dont mind but seeing the Thrive all over fb and insta is annoying, and I just wait for it to die down like the other 3 heathly lifestyle shakes and patches that get big for 3 months then disappear. 
  • tlmilltlmill member
    I was a consultant for an MLM until recently. I just did it because the products did work for me and I wanted the discount :D I kind of pushed it for about a month, but it was way out of my comfort zone and I just didn’t want to be posting about it all the time anymore. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • rc-colarc-cola member
    edited July 2018
    Oh yeah...the two that really bother me are beach body and lue la roe. Mostly because they show up on my Facebook. Beach body “coaches” aren’t coaches. They are sales people. They always post about wanting to help people lov themselves but it really feels like thinly veiled fat shaming.
  • chyviechyvie member
    I think there are two kinda of MLM. The pyramid type that makes you sign up and pay a membership to be part of it and then recruit other members to make more money while selling a product or service. Then there is being a sales representative for a well know product or home party. That is very different. Yes it's still MLM but the structure and marketing/ sales technique is far more agressive with the true pyramid types. I don't think the sales representative people are being duped or coned into selling the products. They are choosing to help sell the products because they truly believe in them and perhaps want a discount themselves when purchasing them. 

Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016

• @jynjer91 last pregnancy I kept a travel-size deodorant in my purse because I did that so often!
  • Most of the time I cant think of my own UO so i stalk other threads and pick one of theres that I agree with
      :D  that’s spectacular 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • MLMs don’t bother me as long as you don’t push me. I used to sell Pure Romance and I’ve wanted to get into Mary Kay just to get myself and my mom the discount. I probably wouldn’t advertise at all... I’d just sell to friends and I give them everything discounted so I could stay active.... which I would not tell any of my fellow consultants because it’s frowned upon. Lol

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Im technically a Beachbody coach, but I'm a "discount coach". Meaning I'm purely a coach for the discount. I enjoy Shakeology and their performance line. I also very much enjoy their workouts. I will post about my programs and training successes because I have had people tell me it helps inspire them. But I don't push it. If people see me be successful in a program and get interested, they will reach out. I'm super excited for the weight lifting and HIIT program fully launching in October because it will be perfect for after G comes. 

I also strongly support @SweetSweetTooth 's comments.
  • @sammierose464 I love Beach Body! T25 and Shakeology is how I got in the best shape of my life before my wedding. A girl in my O16 is a coach too and yes, her sweaty selfies are crazy inspiring to me. I love when people share that stuff because I love working out and being as healthy as I can be. 

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015