Infertility
Options

My little intro, First IVF, need directional assistance.

ladypeace82ladypeace82 member
edited July 2018 in Infertility
Although I knew most first attempts fail, I honestly didn't expect to not even make it blastocysts. We have male factor infertility. 
My husband starts Clomid tomorrow. Which means I have some time this time to gather meds. Our RE said he's going to stick with the same stim plan as the first time. 
I have about four to six weeks to gather meds. I'm feeling hopeful and confident about the plan of attack our RE, head nurse, head embryologist, urologist, and director of the A.R.T.S. department came up with on our behalf. They literally all conferenced together to plan. Which was shocking to me.

I know this is a long shot. 
If anyone can point me to some forums, groups or FB groups that offer/sell unused meds from women that have gone through IVF, please, let me know. Please message me. 
You don't have to respond here if you would like to keep it private. 
Thank you so much.
I'm so thankful to have found this group.
I joined a few days before my first retrieval, so I wasn't able to post for a while. Then when I could post, I didn't have the desire since they didn't make it to blastocysts.
But I've been lurking and reading all the information and stories each of you have shared. I'm back in the game!
*hugs and baby dust to all*
Anastasia

Re: My little intro, First IVF, need directional assistance.

• Options
    ladypeace82ladypeace82 member
    edited July 2018
  • Options
    @ladypeace82 - I haven't heard of such a board, but I will definitely share if I hear anything ... the meds are SO damn expensive!! Best of luck and baby dust to you, too.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ladypeace82 I would recommend you edit your post to take out your personal email address and just let folks know they can message you. Assuming you are in the U.S., it is illegal to re-sell drugs. However, I do know it is done sometimes between IVF patients. 
  • Options
    roisisroisis member
    Hi there,
    If you are on Reddit, there is an Infertility sub that could be of some help:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/infertility/

It's for all things Infertility-related, but sometimes people will offer to share free meds that they have left over. As others have said, it's illegal to re-sell them, but some people have some left over and are good enough to share! There's no guarantees but it might be worth keeping an eye on it. Good luck
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me 39, DH 40
    Married Oct 2010, TTC ~7yrs
    Seeing RE since Spring 2013
    Clomid - no response
    Letrozole (6 months) 2015 
    Laperoscopy/Hysteroscopy in 2015
    Puregon injectibles + trigger x5 in 2016 - all BFN
    Started IVF March 2017 - 25 follies, 9 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 survived-> frozen due to hyper stimulation of ovaries
    FET May 16th 2017, BFP May 27th 2017, m/c @ 9wks
    IVF #2 February 2018 - 16 eggs, 8 fertilised, 3 frozen embabies
    Awaiting FET April 2018 - cancelled (cyst)
    FET May 2018, BFP June 2nd 2018, m/c @ 8wks
    FET October 2018 - BFN
    Final FET - late November 2018