February 2019 Moms

Plus Size Mom Check In (w/o 7/11-7/18)

okayestmom12okayestmom12 member
edited July 2018 in February 2019 Moms

A place for plus-size moms to talk about anything and everything!  You can use the template below, or just free-post if you'd like. 

What is your estimated due date and how far along are you?

How are you feeling? What are your symptoms? Any anxiety?

How are you doing with activity and nutrition?

What are your questions, comments, and/or concerns?

T & J 5.9.09
MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
PVM 5.8.12
GWM 3.17.15
RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Plus Size Mom Check In (w/o 7/11-7/18)

• Where are the rest of my curvy moms at?! 

7w - a blueberry is residing in my ute.

I feel good but there is always anxiety until I’m further along (PGAL brain never goes away).

Activity - I chase my two kids all day... does that count?

Nutrition - meh... I eat what I think will keep my stomach happy and that currently includes many carbs and jolly ranchers. I’ll have a salad again someday!

T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• What is your estimated due date and how far along are you? EDD is 2/13. 9w1d today

How are you feeling? What are your symptoms? Any anxiety? Feeling alright. The nausea seems to be lessening. Most food still sounds gross though, and I’m totally exhausted. I went through IF treatments to get here, so it still seems unreal and I have lots of anxiety. 

How are you doing with activity and nutrition? Not terrible, but definitely struggling to find food that is both healthy and doesn’t sound awful. I’m making a new effort to increase exercise. Just walked at the gym for 30 min. My goal is 30 min walking daily. We’ll see how that goes!

What are your questions, comments, and/or concerns? I’m looking into different places to deliver and weighing hospitals vs. birth centers. I’d love to hear others thoughts and experiences with both.

• Loading the player...
  • Right here! Wearing my maternity yoga pants I bought before I was pregnant because the extra panel is super comfy!! :-D 

EDD is 2/22. I’ll be 8 weeks tomorrow! 

I feel like a broken record but I am full of anxiety. MS was really bad on Monday and slowly tapered off. So now I’m nervous something is wrong. I’m trying my hardest not to think about it and that works for the most part. I’ve has to stop reading the goodbye posts in here which I feel bad about. I have a constant stuffy nose which just developed in the past 4 days. My boobs are still super sensitive. Constipation has kicked back in. I’m still exhausted after 2pm but I’ve gotten used to that, lol. All in all it hasn’t been that bad. 

I’ve been doing better with what I eat. I’m still not exercising because I’m so tired. 

What are your questions, comments, and/or concerns?

I can’t wait to be out of the first trimester! 

@okayestmom12 chasing kids totally counts!! 

@darkstar42 good for you for getting to the gym! I keep telling myself after the 1st trimester i’ll have enough energy to move again lol. 

• Hi! 

My EDD is the 2/24. I'm about 7.5 weeks pregnant, and the MS is real!  I don't see my doctor until the 23rd of July and with this being my first i am extremely nervous. 

Im doing great with what I'm eating since everything except certain fruits, veggies, and bland carbs make me sick. I have lost weight the last couple weeks but I'm also extremely bloated and tempted to go grt maternity pants soon.
  • What is your estimated due date and how far along are you?  8w5d  based on last U/S. EDD 02/17

How are you feeling? What are your symptoms? Any anxiety? The nausea seems to be subsiding.  This kind of raises my anxiety but I keep telling myself it could just be going away.  Otherwise I am exhausted but feeling okay. 

How are you doing with activity and nutrition? Not too bad. I had GD last time and decided to be proactive in watching what I eat from the beginning.  I haven't been able to eat much these last few weeks because of nausea but I plan on continuing to watch what I eat once I can eat normally again.  I also have been walking on my lunch hours to attempt at keeping active. 

What are your questions, comments, and/or concerns? We seen a heartbeat, I had gone in to see my doctor with some side cramping and she wanted to double check all was okay and that I wasn't having a tubal.  We got to see baby and a heartbeat.  No pictures and they didn't say how fast it was but it was amazing none the less and my anxiety level went down by 1000. 

@darkstar42 I'm in Canada and in my province we don't have birth centers so I have no solid advice. I hope you find some feedback on the different experiences.  For that it's worth, I had a pain med free induction in the hospital. The nurses and staff asked me what my preferences were and I felt as if those were always taken into consideration. With that being said the doctor on call would periodically come in and comment on how "large" my baby would be because of GD and said I should just have a c-section.  Had it not been for the nurses who advocated for my wishes I don't know how it would have gone.  My DD was not in distress and I had not been in labour for any extreme amounts of time.  I did not need a C section and my daughter came out weighing 8lbs 14oz. This time around 1 city in my province offers midwifery services in the hospital for those who chose it but it's not offered in my city.  If it was, this would 100% be the avenue we would have chosen.  But all in all the whole hospital experience was not terrible. 

• This app is so wonky so I can’t copy the prompt grr. 

1. EDD is 2/16 so I’m 9 weeks today
    2. I’m feeling pretty good. The nausea is definitely not going anywhere but it’s bearable, especially since I’m pretty good after around 2pm. Anxiety is pretty low these days. I’ve had 2 u/s and saw good growth between them and am measuring right on target. I am still concerned that I will gain too much weight through this pregnancy since I’m eating more normally at this phase of pregnancy than last time but I’ll keep trying my best. 
    3. Activity could be better. I do chase my toddler a fair amount but lately I’ve been so exhausted by the time I’m done with work I can barely make myself do that. He looks at me so sadly that I feel guilty most of the time so I sit in the floor and play cars with him. We’ve also been taking a walk around the block every night, though I use the term walk loosely since it mostly is walking a few steps and then DS stopping to point at something in the sky or on the ground.... “what’s that??”

Nutrition has its ups and downs. I’m definitely still craving fruits and vegetables but I also want French fries daily (don’t let myself have them THAT often, but I indulge) and rice all the time. Rice is a weird craving but it’s delicious. 
  • NittleNittle member

February 25th so 7w6d

So nauseated all the time. You ladies who say yours is tapering off give me a little hope for the next few weeks! Lots of anxiety but first appt is this week so hoping I feel a little better after that.

Terrible! I was doing great on both until I hit 5 weeks. Now I'm sleeping a lot and just eating anything and everything that keeps me from feeling like I'm going to be sick (so carbs and fruit basically).

• What   is your estimated due date and how far along are you?

Feb 14  10 weeks 4 days

pretty good. I my sex drive has been though the roof lately. 

How are you doing with activity and nutrition? dose walking the mall for 6 hours with three kids for back too school count as activity? Nutrition pretty good except for my need for ice cream at 930 pm.

What are your questions, comments, and/or concerns? I’ve been on the bump for years and I feel like are BM could be more supportive of first time moms. I get the flagging of random posters when there is clearly a spot of it somewhere else but some flagged post I feel are unnecessary when it’s not really a spot for said poster with certain issues. I feel that as women we should remember that this is a support group. 

@darkstar42 I have had a child in a birthing center and hospital and I prefer hospital. I felt like I had more alone time with DH during and after labor at the hospital. 

• sankandalsankandal member
    edited July 2018

Edd is feb 4. I'm almost 11 wks.

I'm super stressed out. I feel good. Lost most symptoms. So now panicking i lost the baby. I know it comes n goes but is stressful. I got a Doppler to help reassure me but i haven't found a heart beat yet. Mind you it may be too early or I'm not using it right. I have a prenatal apt on Friday. Wish i could go sooner but I've already been calling my doc who told me to stop panicking since there's nothing to do to prevent a loss 

just too tired to do much. Trying to not go crazy with carbs but im too tired to cook

What are your questions, comments, and/or concerns

any suggestions on what i can do? Anyone lose symptoms and turn out fine? Did you still feel a bloated belly or tightness at 10 wks?

• @sankandal - Symptoms can come and go throughout your entire pregnancy. It’s normal  :)
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• @sankandal, also you’re getting close to second trimester and a lot of the icky crappy symptoms tend to calm down...before third trimester cranky crappy symptoms start :joy:
  • @sankandal my MS has tapered off quite a bit. It’s making me nervous also but I’ve heard it’s totally normal for symptoms to come and go. 
  • @sankandal I couldn't rely on my doppler until after 14 weeks. Not sure if that was due to placenta or not.
  • @shellperry I can see where you're coming from with your concern. However, I also appreciate the organization of this board, and havent seen even a hint of the "trolling" that plagued my last BMB (D14), not to mention the bad advice or excessive TW's. For those things I'm grateful, I do think the formality of the board rules will relax once we're all moving into the second trimester and have gotten to know and trust eachother better. 
  • edited July 2018
    @lzzfrancisco you were in D14?! 
  • @madreofdragons yea! My daughter ended up being j15 by a few days. Were you too??
  • Yes! Different SN though. @lzzfrancisco I was one of the poor suckers due on Christmas Day. 
  • lzzfranciscolzzfrancisco member
    edited July 2018
    @madreofdragons I stopped being active when I got in trouble for insinuating someone was acting like a B. Then I went to check in a few weeks later and it seemed like everyone was gone! I had no idea until this BMB that there was some mass ban/exit. Lol
    Eta - did you end up with a christmas baby?
  • @lzzfrancisco December 23rd! Here’s my old pic. Let’s see if it rings any bells. Lol. 
  • @shellperry another thing that happens more than you’d expect is weirdos post shit just to screw with the board. D14 had a bunch of people do it from BC like an 80s summer camp war movie. Wait until February when we’ll get a nutcases claiming they’re in labor then giving birth in their bathtub unassisted over 20 minutes, while commenting non stop. Yes, that’s actually what somebody did. The picture of their child was straight from google. 
  • @madreofdragons baha yes! That is familiar! My bday is 12/21. My EDD was 12/31 but DD was born 1/3.
  • I couldn’t remember my sign in to save my life  :D 
  • @madreofdragons Nothing like that happen in my N15 and there were a lot of FTM.
  • Has anybody else noticed no change in their abdomen? I carry most of my weight in my stomach. My pants are not tight at all. I think I feel something under all the fluff but I’m not sure. For other who have had babies before, when did you start to notice a change? I’m wondering if being plus size means I won’t notice a difference until a lot later.  
  • shellperryshellperry member
    edited July 2018
    @antera23 it’s diffenent for everyone but I also carry my wight in my stomach and boobs and I always notice my boobs befor my stomach I’d say around 16 weeks is usually when I can notice a bump and stop wearing jeans
    edit cut off half my post. Most bumps start to show around 12 weeks whe the uterus pushes pass the pelvic bone
  • With my first I think I started feeling a little different in the belly around 13-15 weeks. You’ll know when your uterus gets past your pelvic bones, even if you can’t really see it at first you’ll be able to feel it. To be honest, around that time I’d pull all my tummy fluff up to see my little bulge. I personally started to really show after 18-20 or so.
  • @shellperry and @madreofdragons thanks for your answers!! I really appreciate it. I totally relate to pulling up the tummy fluff. I do that now to see if anything has changed lol. I feel like I know a lot more about what to expect. Thanks! :) 
  • @antera23 - It also depends on if you’re a FTM or if this isn’t your first rodeo. With my oldest, I’d say I started to show around 20 weeks. With my second, it was more like 13 weeks. Now with this pregnancy, my bloat/blump/bump is forming at 8w and it’s ridiclous - ha! 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• @okayestmom12 FTM here. I guess I’m just impatient for the time to go by. Right now it still doesn’t feel real. I feel like I’ve adjusted to my symptoms and my MS has never been bad.  Impatient to actually fell pregnant! Lol.