Trying to Get Pregnant

Positive ovulation test, negative pregnancy test

Hi.
I'm currently on my period, cycle day 5. I am feeling more tired than usual and nausea. We have been ttc . 
I took an opk today, as I know these can sometimes detect pregnancy, and it showed positive. Did the hpk but that was negative. I am just wondering how I can have a positive opk when I am on my period?

I had a 6 day period type bleed when I was a few weeks pregnant with my ds, before I found out I was pregnant, this is why I decided to test.

TIA! X

Re: Positive ovulation test, negative pregnancy test

• Loading the player...
  • Hi.
    I'm currently on my period, cycle day 5. I am feeling more tired than usual and nausea. We have been ttc . 
    I took an opk today, as I know these can sometimes detect pregnancy, and it showed positive. Did the hpk but that was negative. I am just wondering how I can have a positive opk when I am on my period?

I had a 6 day period type bleed when I was a few weeks pregnant with my ds, before I found out I was pregnant, this is why I decided to test.

TIA! X
    QFP
  • kelseydanielle22 You need to get to your OB-GYN STAT!!!  Positive PG test on CD 5 after bleeding for 5 days means HCG in your system and you're experiencing a MC. You need to have betas drawn down to 0. 
    I also recommend a Basal Body Thermometer and a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Then introducing yourself in our newbie post and joining in to SUPPORT others...
    Life GIF

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @dpjennifer Only she didn't get a +PG test, only a +OPK. 

OP, you're ovulating, not pregnant.
  • marebear15  Yeah, but you can pop +OPK if you're still PG... 

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• This thread has been closed. Please do not ask the Community if you are pregnant. Instead, please visit our 1st Trimester board to discuss early possible pregnancy symptoms.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"