Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Thursday 7/19

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:
*TW* TTC history
Me:32 DH:31
Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
DX: Unexplained
8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

Re: TWW Thursday 7/19

• Month/Cycle: 16/15

CD/DPO: 
    18/3

Timing: 
    -2, -1

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 
    Maybe next Thursday.

R/R: 
    It’s my Friday! Just trying to keep myself busy so the day goes by faster.

I had some allergy testing done yesterday. I’m not allergic to any pollen or anything seasonal (slight reaction to maple trees but not enough to be considered a positive). I am however allergic to dust mites. My first reaction was like ok cool. But then my second reaction was, isn’t everyone? Lol. Also, they’re everywhere! This is going to be interesting trying to eliminate them from the house.

CS/Q:
    nope

*TW* TTC history

4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising

• @LJMoon6 My husband did allergy testing a few months ago and is also allergic to dust mites. We've been more mindful of cleaning, but haven't gone down the road of buying special bedding and mattress/pillow covers yet.

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 26/12

Timing: Good

Typical LP length: 14ish

Testing: Saturday

R/R: No rants, still raving about the cooler weather today.

CS/Q: My chart in the spoiler. FF changed my O day from CD 16 to 14 with today's temp. Hopefully I posted it right today. :)

• Loading the player...
  • @LJMoon6 Have you been having an uptick in sinus issues lately? I never struggled with allergies but one day I started sneezing uncontrollably and it didn't stop. Go to the allergist and find out I'm extremely allergic to cats. Which is bizarre because I grew up with cats and until then never had any problems. Bodies and allergies are weird. 
  • @jessg2223 I know I’m worried about how expensive all the special bedding will be. They don’t even know if this is what’s causing the symptoms or not. Just frustrated… dust mites?! Really!?

@nomangos23 That’s so weird that you suddenly developed cat allergies. For me, I’ve had this post nasal drip for 5 years or so. Last month I got a sinus and ear infection and was put on antibiotics. The post nasal drip never went away so my doc referred me to an ENT and allergist. I decided to go to the allergist first since the last time I went to an ENT they dismissed me so fast. They’re not totally convinced that my symptoms are from dust mites so they might have me try a dietary restriction too… fun.

*TW* TTC history

• @LJMoon6 yay for your Friday! Do you have any plans with your time off?

@jessg2223 I can see your chart in your spoiler! I'm jealous for your cooler weather, the humidity and heat where I'm at is particularly unbareable today.

CD/DPO: 25/7

Timing: Good

Typical LP length: 12 days

Testing: Sunday when I'm 10DPO

R/R: I wrote a letter applying for a grant for my job and my supervisor really liked it. Hopefully we get the grant because the supplies we could get with the money will benefit our customers significantly! 

CS/Q: My temps have been unreliable during the last week because I keep waking up an hour or so before my temp alarm and can't get back to sleep. I've been SS the last couple days too, but I'm really trying not to! I know it's indigestion, but a little part of me thinks it's cramping. I keep comparing last month's cycle and PMS symptoms to this cycle to see if there's a difference. I know this is a silly thing to do, but of course I'm doing it anyway.
  • @LJMoon6 My husband was having an exacerbation of his asthma symptoms which are usually only triggered by cats...which both our parents have, but we don't. So usually after being at their houses, he is wheezy, but it would get better within a few days. Over the winter, it didn't really get better, so he got tested. They did a round of prednisone and put him on another anti-inflammatory for a month. The wheezing went away with that. So for the same reasons we didn't shell out the money for the bedding. I think we also replaced the air filter with a HEPA one. 

@luckywife10 Thanks!
  • @LJMoon6 I developed allergies to tree pollen, particularly pine, when I was 18. Tree pollen is also everywhere. Fun. I got allergy shots, and things got a lot better. Sorry you're feeling allergy symptoms -- that really stinks.
    @jessg2223 I like your chart! I hope it means good things for you! FX for Saturday.
    @luckywife10 congrats on your grant! I hope you get it!

CD/DPO: 25/11
    Timing: well-timed
    Typical LP length: 7/9 days
    Testing: WFAF or DPO 14, whichever comes first. I briefly considered secretly testing this morning, but I promised DH I would test with him. And I didn't want to expose DH to a premature BFN. I'll test on Sunday morning.
    R/R: Rave: Tried my new Instant Pot last night for the first time, and am kicking myself for not getting one sooner! Chicken thigh meat was just falling off the bone in 20 minutes. I'm about to cut all my cooking time in half, and I'm pumped.
    CS/Q: Temp was even higher this morning, so I've got a little bubble of hope forming even though I'm getting pre-AF symptoms at the same time.
  • Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD/DPO: 26/14

Timing: -5, -3, -2, -1, O

Typical LP length: 12 ish

Testing: My self-imposed test date (after last month's fluky two day longer LP, or wrong FF O prediction) is tomorrow afternoon. I know that FMU is best, but I want to do it when DH is there not only for the (hopefully!) shared excitement if it's good news but also the shared support if it's not. Obviously my hopes are crazy high and it's scaring me to death, especially after last month's crash. I'm hopeful that by this point, the time of day shouldn't matter that much one way or the other.

R/R: Rave: A few of my co-workers have been absolute life-savers this week, picking up reference desk shifts for me so I can continue working on this annual report. It's such a privilege to get to work somewhere that has so many great co-workers (we shall not think about the small few who have made this ongoing work necessary...). Rant: My house has become a pit. This is my own fault and I have to address it. This is also the first night home we've had all week, so as much as I just want to appreciate the down time, I know that cleaning MUST happen first.

CS/Q: Oh man oh man oh man. FF gave me a triphasic for the first time. I know that that isn't a guarantee and I've had to also institute a rule for myself where I'm only allowed to open the app like 3 times a day, otherwise the obsessing was getting out of control.

@LJMoon6 - My husband is also allergic to dust mites. But his whole family also has a long list of bizarre allergies. We did end up getting the mattress cover and some of the sprays you can use around the house before vacuuming. Once you get past the initial price of a few things, it is pretty manageable, for him at least. We only use the spray once a month or so and that combined with normal cleaning mostly does the trick. We also focus more heavily on the bedroom, and if that room is ok, most of the rest of the house can even slip a bit and he's still ok.

@jessg2223 - Your chart looks good! Enjoy the cooler weather!

@luckywife10 - The SS struggles are so real. I feel like the FF overlay charts feature is almost just a cruel trick that enables these types of comparisons. I know I, for one, spend WAY too much time over-analyzing any little shift on any given day as compared to past charts. As if there are NO other factors involved in minor temp changes other than pregnancy...;)

@loveanddatadriven - I know what you mean about not wanting to expose husbands to BFNs. I don't think mine knows that I've ever even taken tests for past cycles. I feel bad keeping it from him, but part of me just doesn't want to expose him to it if it's not necessary. And the other part of me is the part that has a tendency to like to suffer alone. Just in general, disappointment, pain, even being sick, I'm more likely to prefer just hiding away alone until things are better. I'm pretty nervous about even telling him ahead of time tomorrow and am not sure whether I should or not.

• @auburnvelvet86 good luck tomorrow and my fingers and toes are crossed for you!! Your chart does look very nice! I completely agree with everything you said in your post about testing and wanting to shield H from the disappointment.
  • @luckywife10 No big plans. Maybe shopping for hypoallergenic bedding lol. Oh and tubing down a river on Saturday. Should be fun! Good luck with the grant proposal. It’s always nice when your boss recognizes your hard work. Writing is my kryptonite. I hate it. It’s torture. My friend from Thailand (who is here for the summer as a research mentor) asked me to take her shopping last weekend. When I went to pick her up she asked if I would quickly proof read her English… all 25 pages of her grant proposal. And the deadline was in 12 hours. She is really lucky I like her lol.

@jessg2223 The allergist prescribed a nasal spray for me for a month. I don’t know how I feel about taking it while TTC but he said it shouldn’t be harmful but studies haven’t been done (of course). He recommended taking it until I get a positive and then stop. Since I’m GOING to be KU this month that’s only a week of trying the spray. Not sure if I will feel anything by then. Oh well.

@loveanddatadriven I was convinced I didn’t have allergies because it just never went away. And I always associated allergies more with the change in seasons. Oh well, at least I know now. They said I could try allergy shots if I wanted but I don’t think I want to yet. My symptoms are THAT bad yet. I’m glad you liked your instant pot! I just recently started getting HelloFresh boxes because I sucks at meal planning and cooking. I absolutely love it! I’m hoping that I will get enough skills to start cooking more on my own. Until then, no instant pot for me lol.

@auburnvelvet86 I cannot believe you haven’t tested yet. You are so strong! I’m only 3dpo and I already can’t wait to test lol. Of course I won’t but I am already feeling the BSC creeping in. Your chart looks sooooo good. FX for you lady! The allergist yesterday recommended focusing on the bedroom first. I think that’s what I’ll do. I don’t want to get overwhelmed.

*TW* TTC history

• @auburnvelvet86 holy moly! what a chart! I am on the edge of my seat.
  • Month/Cycle:  probably my last cycle being benched (FX!) About 19 months I guess

CD/DPO:  don't remember/ 3ish

Timing:  timing was wonderful, too bad I have an IUD, lol

Typical LP length:  14 days

Testing: none

R/R:   I go for my MRI of my back today, and hopefully they will clear me and say it is stable enough to get pregnant.  

CS/Q none

Will be back later for tags..
  • *lurking from WTO* @auburnvelvet86 You have a beautiful chart. FX for you tomorrow!
  • @LJMoon6 enjoy the river tubing! We go at least once each summer and it's such a great time :)

@jessg2223 We've still got milder temps/less humidity today too, woohoo! Going to hike again!

@loveanddatadriven and @auburnvelvet86 FX your chart means what it should :)

@luckywife10 Ooh, good luck with the grant! When will you hear back about it?

Month/Cycle: 3/2
    CD/DPO: 39/?
    Timing: Originally thought to be good, now unknown. The last day of EOD BDing for the cycle was July 7th because I thought that would have been good timing overall. If my cycle is much longer, that July 7th date becomes something like -5 and that would be it for a FW, which is depressingly not good timing. We've had sex since but we had taken that next week "off" in July after three weeks of EOD, haha. 
    Typical LP length: ?
    Testing: Sunday seems like the last reasonable day to test and have any hope that we might have been successful this cycle. If it's negative, I guess just WFAF forever and ever?
    R/R: Optimism continues to dwindle as this cycle drags on. It's frustrating to have irregular cycles. Will definitely be investing in OPKs for next cycle.
  • @holly321 Good luck with your MRI of you back today! Do they have to do the whole back or just the trouble area? My back MRIs always take forever and are uncomfortable beds to lay on. FX yours is quick and it gives you the results you are hoping for! Keep us updated.
    *TW* TTC history

• @LJMoon6, thanks, this one was surprisingly quick.  Today was just the lower back.  I had my next done about a month ago, it took so much longer!     And dust mites are a horrible allergy.  I am supposed to wrap everything I own in plastic, lol.

@loveanddatedriven, my DH tells me I am supposed to tell him when I am testing, but I refuse because he may figure out how crazy I am.

• *Lurking Loo-ing from WTO*

@auburnvelvet86 Holy moly that is one pretty chart! I'm keeping FX for you and wish it was tomorrow already!