Trying to Get Pregnant

Newbie Intro Thread w/o 7/16

Please read The Ultimate TTGP Guide pinned at the top of the board 
(https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12685680/the-ultimate-ttgp-guide-newbies-read-this-first/p1). It's full of information about TTGP and about our community here on The Bump.

Please introduce yourself and share as much or as little as you are comfortable with. Once you're ready, feel free to jump into any of our daily/weekly threads to start participating in the community!

Ages (you and SO):  

How many months have you been TTC? 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.)

Re: Newbie Intro Thread w/o 7/16

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome everyone!! <3:)
  • @aliciac2008 Heeeeey BB fan!  Also a huge fan here.  :)  Welcome!
  • nanner26nanner26 member
    edited July 2018
    @Sparty18 @aliciac2008 Big Brother fan here too! 
    Welcome everyone! 
  • Another big brother fan!! welcome to all!! 
  • Welcome ladies! And to @nmbrcrnchr1 Yay for being off the bench!!
  • Raeraezilla93  I love...... being Rickrolled.

• @harrierwife you’re my favorite human. 

@abundantlilacs It’s so satisfying to yell at Sharon and her $4.3mil budget for a cozy Norwegian beach house when she decides to get granite instead of marble countertops while I sit in my living room surrounded by unfolded laundry and empty pizza boxes. 
  • @everyone I am going to have to check out this Big Brother thing and see if I can get it on OnDemand.. so curious now.
  • @everyone I am going to have to check out this Big Brother thing and see if I can get it on OnDemand.. so curious now.
    So, it's basically the best show ever. lol. I'm probably not a fair judge though, since I don't really like to watch TV or movies in general. But yet I love that show. I have CBS all access so I watch the live feeds every once in awhile and watch the old seasons while I'm on the treadmill.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @Raeraezilla93 exactly! I'm always watching thinking that I could totally make that dish, and then I have cereal for dinner for the third time in a week. 

@aliciac2008 As for Big Brother, I watched it a couple times but never really got into it. I have always been more of a Bachelor girl but have given up on that a little lately. I may have to check out BB again though sometime this summer. 
  • Just wanted to say hello and welcome to all you new ladies! (: We're happy to have you here, but hope you don't have to stick around too long!
  • xjaimieraexxjaimieraex member
    edited July 2018
    Hi everyone !
    My name is Jaimie, my husband and I have 3 kids together and were hoping to have a fourth one soon my kids are 2,3 & 5 very close together (:
    I am a nursing student and a home health nurse. I plan on switching to pre-med after I complete this program, I am really interested in pediatric and neonatal surgery . I had the old baby bump app so I'm excited to be on this one ! 
  • ElleJDubsElleJDubs member
    edited July 2018
    Hi Everyone!
    Been lurking a bit and thought I'd hop on and say Hello :)
    We have been TTC for 2 months using OPKs and tracking on FF.

My husband and I have 2 kids and are hoping to add another little one to our family soon! I am a SAHM for the most part, I babysit for some extra cash now and then. I love Outlander (any other fans here???), fresh air, long walks on the beach... you know the usual lol. Looking forward to get to know you all and hope to see you on the other side soon <3

ETA: I am 33 and DH is 34

• Ages (you and SO):  

I’m 29 and DH just turned 30

How many months have you been TTC?

About to move to month 2. Started lurking a few months ago and decided to jump in today. 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? 

OPKs and BBT, although temping isn’t going well because I have a toddler who still wakes up at random times most nights and my temperature was all over the place. anyone have the Ava bracelet and love it?

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.)

SAHM to a newly 2 year old boy. I like to run over naptime while watching shows and recently did a half marathon. I love to bake but don’t seem to have a lot of time for it now. I’m still nursing so I’m not sure how that will play into TTGP. Looking forward to having other people to talk to during this journey!

• I'm a returning member, was VERY active on the boards while we were TTC our DS.

Ages (you and SO):  
    I'm going to be 38 in August- hard to believe this because I don't feel 38!! And hubby will be 46 this October.

How many months have you been TTC?   We have not really started necessarily, but been talking about it. I definitely want to have another, I think hubby is on board most days.  We are not preventing necessarily either.  I have not been on any BC since we had our DS.

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?    Nothing really at the moment  :p:.....we've been going through some more trying times in our relationship in the last 6 months, so we are working through that.  However, I'd like to start TTC in the near future.  I want to be more prepared than we were last go round.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.)  I work full time, and am wishing for more time at home.  DS is so much fun and only being off on the weekends, our time together is limited.  Hubby is self employed, trying to establish himself as a realtor.  This has been one of the "issues" we've had.......He's very financially responsible, which I 110% support, however, the fact that he is SO financially aware of things also means, that sometimes he is VERY hesitant to move forward with anything.  I'm really just here for any of the new up to date things that people have been using to make TTC a little easier- like the new clear blue OPKS or maybe even interested in the Ava bracelet.  And for supporting others!

• @ElleJDubs Outlander fan over here too! 

Welcome ladies!
  • @abundantlilacs This board has a handful of teachers. You're in good company :) 

Welcome everyone!
    Me: 36, H: 37 | Married: 10/15/16 | DS#1: 7/18/04 | DS#2: 4/18/19
    BFP: 1/26/20 | EDD: 9/20/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Total fan of both Big Brother & Outlander!

Welcome, everyone!
  • @halical Welcome to the community! As for the + then - then + OPKs, you're body could have been gearing up to O, didn't, then did. Or it could have also just been the concentration of your urine. At any rate, consider the last + your O day.
  • Thank you! Yeah, I received a positive, a negative, then a positive on my OPK. I will do some more reading. 
    "We are not here on this earth to see through each other,
    We are here to see each other through."
    See the source image
  • HGRichHGRich member
    edited July 2018
    Ages: me: 30, DH: 29

Months TTC: 2+3 benched. Currently WTO. We weaned LO (15mos) a week and a half ago, so hoping that helps. 

What are are you doing? OPKs, CM. I’ve charted for years for NFP so I’m pretty on top of when I’m fertile. 

About me: I loved the bump community with my April 17 baby and also for the PGAL forums at the time. I like doing stuff like this with others who are in a similar situation. We tried for 12 months total to conceive our first. It really feels like here it’s nice to be able to celebrate with and encourage others. 
    I became a SAHM after our first was born and I’ve discovered the fun things that go with being a SAHM of one so far: book club, MOMS club, daily yoga, etc. I’m so grateful for where I am, and I am hopeful that the road to our second LO is a little smoother, but I know that the bump is a nice community for when it isn’t. I have an MA in philosophy but am not actively seeking to use it, and hoping to one day homeschool anyway, so I will likely be a SAHM for awhile. 
  • HGRichHGRich member
    @Raeraezilla93 all my friends were one and done when TTC so it was really hard when it took a year for us to get KU with our first. It’s weird how easy it is to assume it’s in the water or something. Haha. And then you learn the hard way that everyone is different. 
  • Ages (you and SO):  I am 35 my DH is 37

How many months have you been TTC? 6 months...first official month using OPKs 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?   tracking my cycle, using first response and clearblue OPKs next cycle will be using the Wondfo. Will begin to temp. 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) I have a 3 year old DD, 3 fur babies. I’m in finance and my husband is an accountant. 

• @halical I’m in Nova Scotia too! Welcome to the board and I hope your stay is short ! 
  • @canadianmom89 you are! That is too funny :) Small world. Thank you so much!
    See the source image
  • @halical Hi there, fellow Bluenoser! Welcome to the board!
  • @meri-mac haha, we have taken over! Thank you so much :)
    See the source image
  • halicalhalical member
    edited July 2018
    @nitnat007 @meri-mac @canadianmom89 hahaha this is great! If any of you want to start a  group let me know :) Might be helpful for where certain products are available and what not in our little province. I have had to do some hunting in the past for some of the TTC products discussed here. 
    See the source image