March 2019 Moms

FTM Check-In w/o July 16th

(Trying out this format. Open to any and all suggestions. If you copy/paste this for upcoming weeks, please feel free to adjust questions as you see fit)

How far along are you? 

Any appointments since last update? How did it go? 

How are you feeling, physically and mentally? 

Rants/Raves?

Questions for FTM, STM+?

Re: FTM Check-In w/o July 16th

•  Hi :) un 5 weeks. 
    I haven't had any appointments yet. I scheduled my first one for next Friday. 
    I'm feeling kind of blah. Just tired and still in shock. 
    This is my 3rd pregnancy and I'm also new to the group.
  • How far along are you? 
    6w2d

My first ultrasound is on 8/9 and first OB appointment is on 8/17

Just tired and trying to figure out how to keep it a secret from everyone (except DH of course) until the first appointments.

Rants/Raves?
    Just annoyed waiting so long for the first appointments, but glad that I am still feeling pretty well.

Questions for FTM, STM+?
    Nothing yet.
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 
    7 weeks today!! 

Not this week! Next appointment and first ultrasound is July 24 with the obgyn I told you guys about in previous posts- - however the birth center I was unimpressed with last week literally called me 2x in a 5 min window to tell me my blood test results (I had answered the phone both times so this is more signs that they are not very organized. I'm glad I won't be going back!). 

Pretty tired/lazy. I don't want to clean the kitchen cause the smell makes me queasy. Instead I am washing sheets for my clinic and hoping DH will fill up the dishwasher when he gets home. Usually I am pretty positive but I have a short temper and am easily irritated. And I dwell in the irritability longer than I would normally. 

Rants/Raves?
    I went to the post office today to ship my cousin a Chinese medicine style postpartum care box (I'm an acupuncturist and she had a baby in June). I'm not sure which way the one way drop off was supposed to go because it was poorly marked, but I was leaving and almost out of the lane when someone, instead of waiting under 5  seconds, turned in and started playing a game of chicken by driving towards me and just flashing their brights over and over. I got SO PISSED. It just felt RUDE. I don't play chicken in the car. It is stupid and unsafe and I worked at a clinic specializing in car accident patients for over a year so I know how recovery looks (everyone should have to do this before getting a driver's license) - - plus there is a LO now, too! I always let other people win and ended up having to back out and I just wanted to yell out my car window. Instead I went to target and somehow spent $65 on protein bars, dog treats, a dog toy and a thing of raspberries. I ate all the raspberries. 

Questions for FTM, STM+?
    Not yet! I'm sure they will come soon! 
  • navetenavete member
    How far along are you? 
    6w5d

First appointment was on Monday. I was nervous because I had never seen the OB before and she had mixed reviews on Yelp. She was quirky as expected (reminded me of Laurie Bream from Silicon Valley), but I ended up liking her anyway. She had a male student sitting in which was kind of awkward (they asked my permission beforehand) but he was polite and stayed out of view of my lady parts  :D. Doc did an abdominal ultrasound first and didn't see much (nerve wracking  :# ) but that's not too unusual given how early I am and my retroverted uterus. The transvaginal ultrasound showed a little tadpole and a pulsating heartbeat!  <3

Mentally, I feel soooo pregnant (I spend most of my day thinking about it). Physically, just some bloating and fatigue/laziness. Morning sickness is starting to show a little bit when I first wake, but not too bad otherwise.

Rants/Raves?
    Enjoying the uptick in energy from yesterday and today.

Questions for FTM, STM+?
    None at the moment, but I'm sure there are tons just knocking around in my head.

@abbykwail Ugh, aggressive and impatient drivers irk me so much. Good on you for keeping your cool and not screaming out the window. Those raspberries sound delicious btw; wish I had some right now.
  • How far along are you? 4+1

Any appointments since last update? How did it go? Nope, no appointments until 8/6. 

How are you feeling, physically and mentally? I feel really good in the morning, as the day goes on I get more tired and certain foods start to sound not good. sometimes I'm just not eating towards the end of the day because nothing sounds good. I've had to start keeping ice cream for me in the house since I can usually eat that when nothing else sounds good. It's OK, right? Dairy? calcium? never mind ALL the crazy amounts of sugar in it!

Rants/Raves? I'm glad I'm only waiting a couple more weeks to see the OB again. I'm really grateful to have a clinic that wants to see moms around six weeks to start. I'm just really hoping that I can get a peek with a short u/s then. 

Questions for FTM, STM+? nothing right now.... 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @southerngirlinwi - oh, yes girl. Trying to keep this a secret has been nuts. I know I need to, in case something happens. I don't want to have to "untell" people. My BFF knows (we went to a concert the night I found out and I told her so I wouldn't get a hard time about not drinking), but I really do want to tell people to make it more real! I'm really focusing on our new house (we move in about two weeks) and that's helping distract from the all pregnancy train. 
    @abbykwail - how unsafe! People are so rude! And I'm glad you're finding a new center. It's not too much to ask that people have their ish together and a system to track what needs to be done. 

@navete - aww, i'm glad you got to see the heartbeat! And I'm glad you liked your OB. Finding a new one is always challenging and it's easier when you can just find a good one. :) 

*TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • How far along are you? - 8 weeks today!

Any appointments since last update? How did it go? - U/S on Friday was a success! Baby measured at 7w2d, so my EDD might be off by a handful. Nice strong heartbeat!

How are you feeling, physically and mentally? - feeling really good! having hardly any symptoms besides fatigue, which scared me but Friday’s ultrasound eased my mind. My mother said she never had symptoms either, so maybe I’m like her! 

Rants/Raves? - why does the 12 week wait feel like an eternity??? We’re tellong friends and family as we see them.... but I wish I could feel secure enough to just announce to everyone at once and enjoy early pregnancy without worrying. Once I hit 12 weeks I’ll feel like a new person!!! 

Questions for FTM, STM+? - I think I’m all questioned out right now!!! You’ll see me on other threads asking away ;) 
  • How far along are you? - 9w 2 days (but I think I'm actually more like 8 weeks, hence why I'm part of this board)

Any appointments since last update? How did it go? First US tomorrow! Since I have been out of town I haven't seen my doctor, although I did talk to her on the phone. If all goes well tomorrow I will see her on 8/7

How are you feeling, physically and mentally? I am tired, bloated, and hungry/nauseous. All the naps and all of the carbs. Mentally, I keep trying to just stay positive but I'm still nervous. I've been trying to stay busy, which seems to help.

Rants/Raves? - After traveling around for the past 7 weeks I am just happy to be home! It feels great. The splendid weather we are having is a plus as well. 

Questions for FTM, STM+? - Not yet, but I am sure I will...

• Update: I had my appointment with the obgyn that I had told you ladies about and I loved her!!

She did a full exam and an ultrasound (so exciting!! My eyes may have leaked when we got a heartbeat) and it made it really easy for me to cancel the other appointment I had at the birth center that I was disappointed by before! Thank you for sending me good thoughts for vibing with her!!

She is a private practice who rents space from a hospital so it is just an elevator ride away from the delivery rooms, and she said that even when she's not on call if she can she tries to be there for her patients at delivery, and if not her it is one of her two colleagues! I'm so happy with how this worked out