October 2018 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change (7/18)

Ticker change simply means that you have started a new week of pregnancy.  For example, I go from 28 weeks to 29 weeks on Wednesday 7/18, so my “ticker” changes on Wednesdays. It is our way of marking a milestone. 

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: To what fictional place would you most like to go?

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change (7/18)

• @knottieamusements Different apps give me different size comparisons. It seems to vary quite a bit, maybe because at this point baby’s growth also varies?
  • Loading the player...
  • @rc-cola I'm halfway through the 3rd book right now. 
  • @sammierose464 ohh awesome. Third book is great! I loved them.
  • @jengibre_zorro OMG Jonathan is the best one! So funny!!!
  • The size comparison thing is so annoying!! When I take my weekly pictures and try to find a super specific fruit the app I use doesn't have it so I'll check other sites and they'll say I'm something the bump told me I was 2 weeks ago?! 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

27 weeks! Lettuce? I don't even know.

2. How are you feeling?

Overall I'm good, but really tired. I fear that my second tri energy is slipping away. After commuting home from work I am dragging to accomplish anything. 

Glucose test on Friday! I can't wait to get it over with and hope it goes well and I don't have to do the 3-hr. 

I'm just really upset with 3 a.m. Lately I've been falling asleep only to wake up at 3 a.m. and then get really overwhelmed so that I'm unable to get back to sleep, usually for at least another hour (today I didn't get back to sleep till 6 and then had to wake up at 7). It's not even like I'm waking up to pee, it just strikes 3 and I'm awake. WTF.

Hogwarts, for sure. 

• @nikimelon the 3am thing must be super annoying. I've been waking up multiple times a night to pee or readjust and it takes so long to fall back to sleep.. 

29 - big banana split! (I’m with you all on the ridiculous size comparisons. I’ve never had a 2.5lb banana split before, but I’m willing to try!) 

2. How are you feeling?

Not too bad. I second the overwhelmingness of the To Do List thread, but love that it’s there for later when I’m ready to look! 

Nada 

Just flew to Atlanta for a conference this weekend, and seriously, compression socks are the best! 

Discworld! 

• @halfanewt a banana split sounds like one of the yummiest comparisons so far!! I also found one site that said banana bread for 29 weeks
  • @mamabearcj a big loaf of banana bread I could believe! 
  • Lurking from Thursday’s ticker change... @drb2424 I wanted to do the 2-3 day method of potty training with DS, but DH wasn’t really on board with it, so we’re doing more of a slow and steady kind of thing?  DS has peed on the potty a bunch and even pooped once, but ugh I just wish it was over with already though! 

28 - size of a basket of wings! 

2. How are you feeling?

Pretty good, although the heartburn is getting a lot more consistent these days

Nope - I see my midwife next week

I'm loving how much the little guy moves these days, but sometimes he does make it hard to fall asleep!

Probably Hogsmeade