March 2019 Moms
Options

STM+

When and how are you planning to tell  your other child or children they are having a sibling?

Re: STM+

• Options
    You probably could have asked this in the STM check in posted today. I’ll probably tell her after we’re ready for everyone to know and start reading some books about it/practicing being gentle with baby dolls.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    Not until after the first tri.  DD wants to have a sibling so badly.  If I tell her and something goes wrong, she will be crushed. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our kids are older (6 and 18). We plan on telling them after we see a heartbeat. 
    Photobucket

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

William born 7/12/2000
    Andrew born 10/30/2011 (9lb 4oz at 37 weeks)
  • Options
    @meggyme I didn't think I could as a question to the thread and people would answer. I did answer all the questions on there myself thou. I'm new to the group and I'm still learning how to keep up and getting to know others 
  • Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    edited July 2018
    The questions on the check in are just a jumping off point for the conversation. Anyone can add to them. I think there was a section for other questions. It’s not a big deal, but it’s already starting to be difficult to find the less active threads.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    We will probably tell them after the first trimester before or when we tell everyone else
  • Options
    My kids already suspect something is up, haha! I'd like to do a fun announcement for them and I'd like to take video of it... still planning. I think we'll tell around 8 weeks or so. However, they can't keep a secret sooooo.
    <3 Baby #1 BFP 6/10/2011-EDD 2/19/2012-DS Born 2/10/2012!
    :'(  CP BFP 1/6/2013-EDD 9/19/2013-CP 1/9/2013
    <3 Baby #2 BFP 1/3/2014-EDD 9/12/2014 -DD Born 9/10/2014!
    <3 Baby #3 BFP 7/8/2018-EDD 3/17/2019-Team Green!

• Options
    My kids already suspect something is up, haha! I'd like to do a fun announcement for them and I'd like to take video of it... still planning. I think we'll tell around 8 weeks or so. However, they can't keep a secret sooooo.
    My youngest knows something is up too lol it's so weird because she is the one who told me I have a baby on my tummy before I even tested! And she comes every night and hugs and kisses my tummy saying good night to the baby. I keep telling her there is nothing there but it creeps me out. DH said maybe she has a sixth sense or something lol 
  • Options
    DD is 2 so I'm not sure how much she'll understand. She is, however, very verbal and a little parrot, so we won't tell her until we've told all our family members or she'll ruin the surprise ;) We are waiting to tell family until 12-13 weeks so we'll tell her after that - we don't want to get anyone's hopes up too early since I'm realistic/pessimistic after a previous loss. 
    I'd love to read her a book or show her a video or something to help her understand - anyone have any suggestions? There's got to be some "mommy's got a baby in her tummy" kind of books out there?
  • Options
    @laur84ns Rachel Fuller writes some great books about that. DD1 loved them!
  • Options
    @dtspmama Thanks! I'll check her books out :)
  • Options
    Not until we are telling the world... otherwise our three year old will take care of that!! So, once I am through the second trimester we will tell them. 
  • Options
    shrubshrub member
    Not until we are telling the world... otherwise our three year old will take care of that!! So, once I am through the second trimester we will tell them. 
    This will be us as well. I have an almost 3yo and just turned 5yo and they wont keep it a secret for a hot second

• Options
    We told DD yesterday by giving her a big sister shirt. She’s 4.5 so she can’t quite read yet but we took a video and told her what the shirt said. 
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    My daughter is 2 1/2 and she asked to see the ultrasound photo we were looking at and asked what it was. We told her it was a baby in mommy’s tummy and she got the cutest smile. <3
    She has randomly been asking me “where’s calliope? Where’s your baby? Can I see your baby? What’s her favorite color?” Lol it’s cute. It’s funny how she talks about it like it’s a girl and uses our girl name, but if asked what she thinks it is going to be she says boy and says she wants a brother when we ask which she wants 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed