July 2018 Moms

WTF Wednesday 7/18

Let me hear it, Ladies!

Re: WTF Wednesday 7/18

• nimmlenimmle member
    edited July 2018
    Selfishly started. I had a meeting scheduled to start 15 minutes ago to go over the last round of notes from my boss. So she IMs me and tells me that she's in another meeting (not on her calendar) and will im me. Still nothing. This is messing up my ability to escape my house because I can't talk about these things in public. Mama wants her damn Latte
  • Morning once again started with juggling feeding LO and DS waking at the same time. H sleeping and not hearing me yelling at him. My SIL/BIL still sleeping of course. Now it’s H and myself watching over our own two plus our nephew. They are suppose to be here to help...
  • Loading the player...
  • amdftwamdftw member
    WTF headache.  As if lack of sleep and a sore abdomen wasn't enough to deal with at this point.  Tylenol and caffeine aren't doing much to help.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Omg @wildtot I would lose my shit. Actually I’d make them a hotel reservation and call them an Uber. They’re there to help you and instead you’re babysitting their kids?? You just had a baby and major surgery! I’m sorry. 

WTF to my washing machine breaking while I’m in the hospital giving birth. My son is currently wearing a bathing suit since he ran out of shorts. New one comes Saturday. Yay more money we had to spend during maternity leave. 

Also WTF to my nipples. They are cracked and scabbed over and every feeding is like an 8 on the pain scale for the entire feeding. So like 12-15 times per day. All I can do is focus on not screaming through the pain every time, and meanwhile my husband is just chilling with his feet up letting our toddler rot in front of the tv while the house is a mess and I’ve barely managed to feed or take care of myself. 
  • amdftwamdftw member
    @wildtot Umm not cool.  Time to wake up, SIL & BIL!!  I think I saw you post yesterday that your nephew isn't exactly easy going/easy to look after, either.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Ah @wildtot! How frustrating!! I would be SO mad. Can/will your H say something? I swear us moms don’t get much credit or leniency that we so deserve 
    My sil is coming at the end of the month to “help” but she’s only 19 years old and has hardly worked in her life and not really had many responsibilities so we’ll see how this goes. She also sleeps until like 10 :| oh well she’ll at least keep my toddler entertained when she is up
  • @wildtot I would be saying something to them and normally I just let things go. That is NOT okay. 

My WTF: is we always have appliance issues around big events. Refrigerator went out two weeks before wedding. Oven caught fire first month of DD life. And now the dishwasher needs replaced. Gah! At least we aren’t as strapped as we have been in the past but still not exactly what we want to do.
  • Well now H has asked me to cover up or feed LO in our room because of the 5 yr old. Seriously?! This is the time he should be exposed and learn about it but i get it I’m not his mom to teach him that and she’s sleeping. I already made the comment to H about how ridiculous it is i have to cover or leave the room because of them. And I’m sure as hell not covering up once it gets hot (suppose to be in the 90s). 
  • WTF to my MIL.  My daughters name is Zoey and she keeps spelling it Zowie. 

She just sent out an email to our closest friends and family (discussing details of our annual canoe trip) and legit said..."Sarah is expecting Zowie on the 23rd so she wont be joining us"

Her name is literally on everything...her blankets, monograms, social media, her baby shower invites/decor....yet she is still spelling it wrong.  I hope our extended family doesn't now think we changed the spelling of her name.

All my life I had people spell my name Sara which is fine because its a common thing, but Zoey?! Zowie?! Where do you even get that from?! UGH.
  • @babygagnon2018 my dad still misspells my name lol after 30 yrs he just realized it. 
  • @babygagnon2018 as soon as we announced my sons name as Owen, my step mom started calling him wenwen. We’re like um wtf? My other son is Eli and my aunt constantly pronounces it Ellie and spells it Ely. I know she does it on purpose too. 
  • nimmlenimmle member
    @zande2016 huge barf to wenwen. That's not even cute.
  • @wildtot Sounds like they need to get the F out of your house! Do they seriously think this is a vacation and can just dump their kid on you right after having a baby?! I would be flaunting the BF at this point, its your house they don't like it tough shit. 
    @babygagnon2018 Sometimes I think family purposely spells names wrong to get under your skin. My grandma finds new and creative ways to mess up Ally every time she writes me. 
  • love tits are broke again or you would all have gotten them!
    @nimmle love the glee gif also totally feeling you on work stress - so ready to be done
    @wildtot hell to the no - they can go to a hotel if they really are making this a vacation - you are recovering and it's your house and no one needs to make it harder on you
    @zande2016 that really sucks - for a sec I thought you had new shorts coming soon lol
    @babygagnon2018 i'm sorry, that really is frustrating - i go through similar with my mother - my daughter's name is Ashlynn, she calls her Ashley and thinks she's named after Aslan from The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe - even 2 years later
    AFM - general WTF to everyone - work needs to get their shit together - you got 2 days left.  MIL needs to stop calling to videochat with DD at bedtime - actually had to wake her up for school this morning because she went down later.  Also WTF to DH for actually answering the calls...  DD gets all worked up after and putting her down is a NIGHTMARE not to mention it takes away from family time and we have less than a week left as a party of 3
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • nimmlenimmle member
    @wildtot Ugh I would be so pissed. That is not ok.
  • I just told BIL and SIL that if we go outside and it’s too hot i won’t be covering up and they can choose to walk away if they want. Then BIL asks if i really do that, just feed without covering in public. Um yes! H use to be against it with DS but i honestly don’t care about strangers this time and H doesn’t dare say anything about that. 
  • Plumber is suppose to be here between 8 and 12. It’s 11:36 and still no show. 
  • nimmlenimmle member
    @wildtot I always assume they're never going to show up in the window
  • wildtot that’s pretty bad haha, didn’t he have a say in your name?!  And good for you for standing up for yourself! I don’t see why its such a big deal to some people.  It’s a natural and beautiful thing, not like your showing off your tits to the world.  They don’t like it? DON’T LOOK!

zande2016 wenwen? Okay you win! LOL that’s horrific

babybump1994 that’s just so rude.  At least stick to one spelling and spell it wrong!

Just had to call to get an appt to get my car inspected by a third party company my financial services company uses because the lease is up and these bitches from Michigan kept hanging up on me and being SUPER rude.  

I finally got pissed after continuously asking to speak with a manager and them refusing and looked up the number to their corporate HR dept and reported them all.  I work in HR so I hear about this crap all the time and don't feel bad reporting horrible customer service.

Sorry but:

1. you don't screw with me 

and 

2. You defff dont screw with me when I'm 39+ weeks pregnant.  

Needless to say- appointment booked for Monday  :)

• @wildtot sorry :( I've been having the opposite experience with time slots lately - 30+ min early - while i'm eating or still in bed because it's 7 am and window was 8 am.  While i'm happy I can now get me some lemonade before therapy (and yes i know i'm obsessed with lemonade) my lunch would have been better warm :(

FX he shows up any min
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • WTF to my mom. She doesn't understand cluser feeding or the witching hour. She asked me to ask my LC if maybe my milk isn't "nutritious" enough. Ummm wtf. You don't remember having a newborn and the pediatrician said he is fine and this clister feeding/ growth spurt is perfectly normal and so is the witching hour so please don't give me any more anxiety - like I don't have enough with a newborn as a FTM!
  • @kissableviv that's so hard to deal with! Not what you want to hear!

@wildtot I hope they showed up right after you wrote that! Also boo to your inlaws. Not a vacation guys!

@zande2016 wenwen is hilarious and horrid. Makes me t hi ink of Harry Potter when that girl calls Ron wonwon lol.
  • @kissableviv ugh that must be frustrating. With my first my MIL was constantly telling me I was feeding him too much. The doctor repeatedly reassured me that was not possible...he was just a hard core cluster feeder. She was so judgy about it and it made me crazy. Hopefully your mom backs off soon and remembers what newborns are like
  • Plumbers were a no show and rescheduled for next week. In laws are totally acting like it’s their vacation and not helping how i envisioned. Nephew keeps asking to go to the children’s museum and when i said i would be able to handle that my SIL was like oh yeah i forgot. Like really?? Also i wouldn’t take a two week old to that germ buffet. Now everyone is going to Bass Pro and I’m staying back while DS sleeps and i stay with baby. SIL said she’s going stir crazy (it’s only their first day here!). But whatever at least they are taking the 5 yr old. I guess showering will have to wait.
  • @wildtot gotta agree with @cseley321 - your IL are making me ragey for you.  I'm so sorry your inkling feeling that your SIL was calling this a vacation turned out to be right :( at least you get a break from the manic 5 year old for a little bit - can DH talk to his sister? At this point I think even if the IL peace out on their own day trips it would be better than sitting around "helping"

@cseley321 that is pretty funny.  Mine sleeps through everything...not looking forward to kicking him for MOTN feedings if I can't pick up the baby post CS.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • nimmlenimmle member
    Ughhh....this new work VPN sucks. 3rd time in less than 2 weeks that I have been locked out.