Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW Tuesday 7/17

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Tuesday 7/17

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD/DPO: 23/ 8 DPO

Timing: -1

Typical LP length: 13 days I think

Testing:  I am trying to hold out until at least 10 dpo, which is Thursday.  Really I would like to just wait until AF, but don't know if I can.

R/R: I have a job interview today and am nervous!!!  I just want this to go well so I can get out of here before they find my replacement.

CS/Q: I didn't sleep as well and took my temp an hour before normal time, so it would've been a bit higher if I had taken it at the correct time.

• Options
    @sparklingdiamond GL on your interview today!

Month/Cycle: 26 months

CD/DPO: 19/9

Timing: -5, -4, -2, O

Typical LP length: 15 days

Testing: WFAF

R/R: I got to the gym yesterday and kicked ass on the elliptical!  I forgot how good it can feel to sweat it out!  Now let's see if I can keep this up lol.  Also, a former coworker that I don't care for is coming up for lunch so WS (work spouse) and I are going out to get lunch at Subway.  

CS/Q: nope

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 2/2

DPO: 8 DPO (probably)

Timing: -5, -4, day of ovias window start (let’s pretend this is o day), 3, last day of window

Testing:  I was supposed to wait til next Monday. Couldn’t. BFN this with FMU today but maybe it’s too early especially if I didn’t o at the start of the window. 

R/R: I made the mistake of stalking the “what does a BFP look like” thread last night. Lots of faint BFP at 8dpo and so I broke my WFAF rule in my silly hopefulness. Lots of SS in the last few days and DH has now joined me in the vivid dreams of being KU which doesn’t help lol. I’m going to make him hide all the tests in the house until the end of the month because clearly I have no self control. BUT I get to go snuggle a friends LO today so that should put the bitsy fever on standby at least for a day or two. 

CS/Q: Not really a CS but I’m thinking I’ve gotta start using OPKs or FF at least because this whole not knowing when I O and having a week of potential days makes my TWW into an almost 3WW which is mildly maddening. 
  • Options
    Good luck at your interview @sparklingdiamond - I have an interview today, too! :smile:
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD/DPO: 24/12

Timing: -5, -3, -2, -1, O

Typical LP length: 12 ish

Testing: still waiting for af. FF says I can test tomorrow, but I think I might still hold out a few days if af doesn't arrive. Last month FF had O day wrong and I had a longer cycle than my normal, so there was a lot of disappointment and confusion with testing dates. So I'm a bit gun shy now.

R/R: Rave: I get to work from home today! It's always great when I get to do this. But the reason for it is less great, given it's still the ongoing nonsense with this annual report we're working on at my library. Wordcount restrictions are real things in printed report!! But this basic concept is apparently too much. Oh well. Still get to work with my cats on my lap, so I shouldn't complain.

CS/Q: Temps are still high. Trying not to get too hopeful!

@sparklingdiamond - Good luck with the interview!! I hope it goes great!

@Raeraezilla93 - I definitely recommend FF. I only really tried one month without it, but that was enough to convince me that the unknowns around O were too much for me to handle. Of course, as I mentioned above, there's still room for error, even with it, but I at least have more to look at and can get a better sense of patterns and when to really start testing or not.

@lulu1180 - Great work with the gym today! It's so bizarre how hard it is to get oneself to go, but then the payoff is so good when you're finished.

@nanner26 - I've never gotten a pedicure! But everyone raves about them as being really nice. I hope you enjoy your upcoming vacation!
  • Options
    Sorry for the P and G, I'll be back later!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 23/5

Timing: -5 -3 -2 -1

Typical LP length: 12 days

Testing: I'm going to hold out until Saturday morning when I'll be 10dpo. I have one expensive HPT to use then.

R/R: I really don't think this cycle will be successful. H has been making comments like "when you're pregnant..." and telling me baby names he likes. I'm putting on a good face when he talks about baby stuff, but I'm crying inside. I know he's really proud of himself for all the HIO we did during FW, I am too. I think it's going to be pretty tough on him if this cycle isn't successful. Overall this TWW has been emotionally tougher than others.

CS/Q: My temps since O have been lower than in previous TWW by .3 degrees at least. I don't know what to make of that. I'm still having CCM so that's probably not a good sign either.
  • Options
    @sparklingdiamond Good luck today! Remind me what you do?

@lulu1180 Good for you! Enjoy the Subway - I love me some sandwiches. Have you tried their wraps yet? They look good, but again, I love sandwich stuff and am not too picky.

@literatureandink Hope your interview goes well too!

@nanner26 Ooh, jealous of your upcoming vacation. I got a really nice light pink pedicure for my sister's wedding, pretty sure it was "Let me Bayou a Drink" by OPI. I wanted something kind of neutral-pink though, it isn't too flashy.

AFM,
    Month/Cycle: 3/2
    CD/DPO: 37/?
    Timing: decent?
    Typical LP Length: ?
    Testing: New tests from Amazon arriving today. I'm going to try to hold out for Sunday, which is the day after Clue predicts AF. Plus it would be nice to test and then just be able to climb back in bed with DH instead of having to get up and go to work, regardless of what the result is.
    R/R: One of my procedures no-showed today so I came home to loaf around for a couple hours before heading back to work. Kind of a rave because I have some relaxation time but also a bit of a rant because I will have driven in and then back twice. I want to walk the dog but it's supposed to thunderstorm here soon AND it's gosh-awful humid out...my book is calling my name!
  • Options
    @sparklingdiamond good luck at your interview!!!

@lulu1180 good for you getting on the elliptical! I hate working out, but the good feeling afterwords is worth it.

@nanner26 where are you going on your vacation? I need to treat myself to a pedicure, it's been too long.

@auburnvelvet86 cats definitely make work more bearable.

@Swiftlet what book are you reading?
  • Options
    @lulu1180 Good job with the workout!! I love a good sweat!
    @sparklingdiamond Good luck with the interview

Good luck with everyone waiting to test!

CD/DPO: 24/10

Timing: Good

Typical LP length: 14ish

Testing: Trying to hold out until Saturday morning.

R/R: I was really tired yesterday, but I'm better today. Totally SS yesterday with fatigue and low back soreness., but they were probably  from getting up super early for a workout class and

**TW carrying my 11 month niece around the ballpark Sunday and bending over to hold her hands while she walked. end TW**

CS/Q: Temps seem to be stabilizing higher then right after when I had the positive OPK and CM signs, so I'm either 10 DPO or 7 DPO. Either way I think I'll be okay to test Saturday? 
  • Options
    SwiftletSwiftlet member
    edited July 2018
    @luckywife10 I’m reading the original Jaws :) Apparently pretty different from the movie (aside from the obvious, haha) and so far not bad. I figured it would be a good summer read.

@jessg2223 I think definitely fine to test Saturday! FX for you!

• Options
    @auburnvelvet86 Girl, treat yo self!

@luckywife10 We are going to Florida. It’s not that far of a drive and it’s usually relaxing. It’s sweet when DH gets excited but I always have to remind him it could take awhile. Who knows? 

@Swiftlet Some fingernail polish names make me laugh. That’s a good one! 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!  The interview went well I think.  I hope they liked me because I think that job would be perfect for me.

@lulu1180 yay for hitting the gym!  I finally went last Sat and felt so good afterwards.  

@literatureandink Good luck at your interview!

@nanner26 Yay for vacation!  It should just be the one interview.  It's a small company.

@auburnvelvet86 I love working from home when I can.  Which isn't often...But sorry for the annoying issue you're dealing with.

@luckywife10 Aww it's so hard when they get excited about it.

@Swiftlet I am an accountant and do bookkeeping and taxes.  

• Options
    Good luck on making it to 10 dpo AND on the interview!
  • Options
    @Swiftlet there's a Jaws book? Must read.
    @jessg2223 FX for you!
    @luckywife10 I'm sorry this cycle has been tough emotionally. That's the pits. It's very sweet that YH is also really bought in emotionally. Riding an emotional roller coaster seems to be the price we all pay for wanting TTC to work out, including DHs. I'm rooting for you!
    @literatureandink and @sparklingdiamond Possible new jobs? Woo!
  • Options
    CD/DPO: 23/9
    Timing: yes
    Typical LP: 8
    R/R: I have a pimple on my lip and it's bad. It hurts when I talk. I almost called in sick to WFH. After applying a pound of concealer, I was able to pull myself together and get myself to work.
    CS/Q: Temperature dropped today 0.4 deg. Given my typical LP, I'm WFAF to show up any time now today or tomorrow. My optimism from yesterday has evaporated. I guess I'm not technically out for the count, but it feels that way.
  • Options
    @sparklingdiamond and @literatureandink How did your interviews go ladies???
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    @loveanddatadriven Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling positive about this cycle :\ I’m losing hope myself. 

On a brighter note: yes, Jaws the movie is based off the book by the same name by Peter Benchley! Like most other book to movie transitions, there are things that didn’t make the cut to the movie. Definitely a quick/light read- check it out :)
  • Options
    @suzycupcake I feel like it went really well!
  • Options
    @suzycupcake Thank you so much for asking, especially since I was dirty dirty lurking in the TWW (I'm still stuck in WTO land)! It went really well. It's a job one level up at my same company and I think I'm a great candidate for it. Because it's a huge company, it's a multi-interview process, but I made it through the first round!!
  • Options
    @Swiftlet thanks for the info! and I'm sorry you're not feeling optimistic, either.