March 2019 Moms
Options

Is anyone else Not Sleeping at Night?

For the past few nights I have been waking up at 2 am and not being able to go back to sleep for a few hours! I don't know if the anxiety of the thought of being pregnant again or  what? But I need my sleep! 

Re: Is anyone else Not Sleeping at Night?

• Options
    @natty101219 If you look through the Symptoms thread you'll probably find several people dealing with insomnia.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    sew322sew322 member
    @natty101219 I'm in the same boat. Almost every night it takes me forever to fall asleep and then I wake up and lay there unable to fall back asleep for quite some time. It is exhausting!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    natty101219natty101219 member
    edited July 2018
    @SWhitehead322 Exactly! I put music on, have the light off and do everything I can think of but the sleep won't come :(
  • Options
    Yup, insomnia over here too! In my first pregnancy it didn’t start this early, but I took it to my advantage and did laundry, answered emails, cleaned for an hour and then laid back down. 
  • Options
    Yep, I am having a really hard time falling asleep.  I have been ok once I am asleep, though. 
  • Options
    Me too. Try eating a high protein snack before you go to sleep - with my first pregnancy I read that the body wakes you because it wants food! High protein snacks can help with that (recommend cheese or nuts or peanut butter :yum: )
    my other strategy when I am awake and trying to fall asleep comes from the mindful birthing book - it has a really great breathing exercise that works like a charm! 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Options
    Yes! Pregnancy insomnia over here too. I try to eat protein before bed too. I haven’t gotten good sleep since pregnant with DD 5 years ago so I kind of accept it at this point. LOL
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    I will definitely need to try the protein trick bc I was awake every hour last night! Really hoping for a better night tonight!
  • Options
    @JScamelipardalis wow! I am not being productive at all I just lay there waiting for the sleep to come and claim me lol
  • Options
    I'm gonna have to give the protein trick a try even thou my appetite is not the greatest right now! I'm in this weird stage where my body doesn't know if it should get heartburn or nausea so not really enjoying any food or getting hungry for that matter 
  • Options
    Yes!!!! It’s 3am I’m wide awake right now ugh! After I had DS my midwife recommended I take a magnesium supplement (while I was also breastfeeding) and I can tell a huge difference when I’m on it vs. when I’m not. I have been taking them at night with my prenatal and when I forget (like tonight) it’s so hard to sleep. It might help you to talk to your midwife/doctor first to see if it’s safe for you during pregnancy and look into the benefits of it. When I’m not pregnant I got it through a lot of foods I naturally eat but now I’m having serious issues with ZERO appetite. I had horrible insomnia with DS but never this early.  
  • Options
    Ahhh yes. It is 4am as I read this and I've been up since 2am. :(  I think I ate dinner too late and didn't drink enough water. I am going to make it a point to eat dinner and drink water earlier in the night as well as give up screen time an hour before bed and see if that helps! I also think it would help us to write, talk out our worries before bed. My mind won't stop. I'm bad at meditating but I think I need to do that before bed now! Also as hard as it is, I think only taking a tiny or no nap at all during day might help. I feel ya! 
  • Options
    OMG ladies! I slept last night! From 11 PM to 5 AM however right now I'm ready to past out again!! My body and eyes feel so heavy! I'm ready to crash on my desk! I'm sorry @ashley14598 and @KatieMarie784 hopefully tonight you ladies will have a better night
  • Options
    I started taking unisom at night (for morning sickness) but I actually slept all the way through last night! I woke up feeling the best I’ve felt in weeks! So glad some friends recommended it and my OB agreed. 
  • Options
    So I have been struggling with waking up between 2 and 3am and not being able to get back to sleep and I finally figured it out last night! I wake up and I am too hungry to fall back asleep! I had a few dried apricots and climbed back into bed, and slept until 5:45! 

Just wanted to share in case this trick might help someone else with their pregnant insomnia. 
  • Options
    Unisom is the best. I've been taking it + B6 for sickness (like @JScamelipardalis) and I fall asleep in 45 minutes and sleep through the night, primarily. If I have to pee I do wake up, sleepwalk to the bathroom, and climb back in bed and I'm out again like a light until my alarm. I do have a bit of a sleep hangover in the am (and i'm sleeping between 8-9 hours a night) but it really does help. 

Note: Unisom is a drug class B, meaning animal studies did not show any issues or complication with the mother animal or her babies. Many OB's do recommend Unisom and allow its use during pregnancy. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    I find it hard to fall asleep but once I'm out, I am OUT. Getting up is hard

I'm Britt. Me 29 | MH 29 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @catlady2015 I finally broke down and took some Unisome last night. I have had such a hard time falling asleep. It definitely helped! 
  • Options
    A banana and a book before bed help me. & I need my rain sound white noise. 

SaveSave
  • Options
    i've been fine throughout the night but now, like clockwork, i'm up at 5:30am and have the hardest time falling back! 
  • Options
    I have no problem falling asleep, but if I wake up at all I can't go back to sleep for what feels like forever.  My DD is actually sleeping through the night this week, so I would love to actually be able to sleep too, but alas, my body has other plans.
  • Options
    First pregnancy and this pregnancy I had/have terrible insomnia. I am tired,but at the same time feel like adrenalin is rushing through my body

• Options
    navetenavete member
    Currently wide awake and nauseous at 2:45AM :s Ate some crackers and now I’m thinking of getting up and making myself a banana nut smoothie  :#:D 
  • Options
    @navete This is what happens to me. As long as I snack I can go back to sleep, otherwise I am awake for the night. I am currently keeping dried apricots on my nightstand. 
  • Options
    @Gasbarro2011 that is the worst. It’s been happening to me this week too and seems so unfair. DS is actually sleeping, my husband is sleeping so effortlessly next to me, and I’m lying awake. It makes me irrationally annoyed at my husband actually haha. 
  • Options
    Major pregnancy insomnia here.....working on about 2-3 hours a night.
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    @Love4Labs326 ugh, same here. Was about 5 hrs/night last week, now it's closer to 3hrs/night. Are you sleepy during the day? I find it strange that I no longer have the urge to nap like I did the first few weeks, though it's clear I'm kind of in a brain fog all day. Hopefully this phase will pass soon!
  • Options
    @navete I do okay during the day until about 3-4 pm, then it hits me. I would love a nap around then but I haven't gotten it the last few days. I totally have pregnancy brain already.
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    @natty101219 I am right there with you sister.  Worse nights of my life.  I get anxiety attacks after a while.  On my defense I'll say we are posted to a horribly difficult country and the threat of Zika is draining.  I am so sick of not being able to relax and enjoy my pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @navete you go girl!  That is exactly the thing I fix myself all the time! I wonder what is it about bananas. 
  • Options
    It takes me awhile to go to sleep... then i wake up between 2-4am and just lay there with my brain spinning for hours!
  • Options
    @Sparkylove that was me last night and then my son woke up at 5:15. Being tired is the worst.
  • Options
    I have no problem going to sleep but I wake up often & wake up around 5am every morning for at least an hour. My toddler gets up at 7am & my husband stays up until 2 am. It's hard to get good sleep between their sleep schedules.