December 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 7/16-7/20

Re: Weekly Randoms 7/16-7/20

• Options
    I slept in and came into work 2 hours late today, and I feel no guilt whatsoever even though I actually have a lot to do today. I'm just not looking forward to the full work week, lately I've had so many appointments or days off (either PTO or holiday) that the full week is going to drag lol.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @cecilb93 It's funny you mention that because all my weeks have been funky with holidays, vacations, or appointments, too.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    Back from vacation today. My goal has been to get through email. I checked while out of office, but it’s still taking a day to catch up on just email. Anyone remember time without email and cell phones??? Not really asking (but comment if you want), just thinking about returning without emails, and voicemails. I also took calls and texts while out of office. 
  • Options
    Have 3 days off this week (weird summer scheduling) but booked myself with volunteer work in the evenings which now I have mixed feelings about. The work is fun and I'm glad I can do it, but I already have no momentum from not working and I get soooooooo sleepy in the evenings. Oh well, one of the meetings is planning a wedding I'm officiating in Aug, so that will be a fun one! 
  • Options
    @texas_t Zucchini lasagna sounds so good!  *googling recipes*

We just got back from a weekend away last night and have no food in the house.  We haven't been shopping since July 4, and then we only picked up things to bring to a friend's dinner.  It's been nice to clear out our cabinets, fridge & freezer, but I'm getting hungry/desperate.  We are going away for a full week of vacation on Saturday so I guess we shouldn't get too much.  If I went right now, I'd buy everything.  Luckily, my husband (who is off most of the summer) said he'd go today.  Now I'm just waiting and scrounging.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Activebaby I haven’t worked in over a year but I know the feeling. My old job I always felt like it almost wasn’t worth it to go on vacation. Most of my work would only be taken care of if it was an “emergency” and the rest would be waiting for me (in email) when I got back. The worst.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    @Activebaby I know the feeling...I always check my emails when I’m on vacation. It’s less stressful for me to weed through emails here and there throughout the week than it is to come back to hundreds of emails.

@texas_t zucchini lasagna sounds amazing!  I haven’t seen a freezer meals thread yet...
  • Options
    So glad I'm not high enough on the ladder to get my emails to my phone lol. Im that person who wouldn't be able to ignore my emails, I'd have to be constantly checking them. On the plus side, it would be a little less to deal with when I return! 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @echo-charlietango my parents' town doesn't recycle, and I have actually considered just bagging up all the recycling while I'm there and bringing it back to my big bin. Are there places you can take it to deposit? 
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    @morgantu I've looked around, and the nearest real recycling center is an hour away. In-town I can recycle grease and tires...so that's nice I guess. A nearer suburb has a small center with limited hours, but they don't take a lot of things, like glass or milk cartons. It's weird because military installations usually do recycle - but not this one. I did hear recently that the city is thinking about starting a recycling program just to attract millennials...but not because it's environmentally friendly :neutral:
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango ugh, frustrating. And wtf about recycling just to attract millennials? I feel like if that's your grand plan, recycling is not gonna be enough. 
  • Options
    That’s odd @echo-charlietango...your city seems so much more hip than mine, but we do have a recycling program. Glass can’t be put in with the regular recycling though, so I have to hoard it and take it to Target (aw, shucks, haha). But yeah, when we were in Vegas our apartment complex didn’t recycle at all, in spite of telling us that they were going to start the program “soon” when we were touring. I felt like a monster every time I threw a can or a bottle away. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    Starting recycling to attract millenials. LOFL. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    My neighborhood doesn't do recycling like we do trash at the curb. We do collect glass beer and wine bottles for recycling and take them to our grocery store, but we never think about paper, cardboard, plastic, etc. I just didn't grow up with it and I don't think about it. If we had curbside I'd probably be better, but we don't. Maybe when we move we will, but idk.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    ActivebabyActivebaby member
    edited July 2018
    FYI - Living in a city that doesn't recycle makes me feel like a huge asshole. I had no idea that throwing away glass, plastic, and cans would make me actually sad. Alabama needs to get their sh!t together. Also I have no idea when it's cool to curse in TB. 
    I live in a big city and recycling isn’t easy. It’s more expensive and not at all convenient. Part of this is on me, but I think part of it is on the city too. I don’t recycle at home.
  • Options
    So my boss (who I’m good friends with) surprised everyone (including myself) in our dept monthly meeting by putting me on blast. “Just so everyone knows soandso will handle her work since baby is coming in Dec!” Dah!! Not that I can hide it at this point or I’m not telling people but hello! 
  • Options
    @countrygirl624 That would annoy the piss out of me!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @countrygirl624 Did your coworkers know?
  • Options
    @clbness Major parenting win!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kadeephd Thanks, I was determined to dodge an ER visit!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @clbness I’m impressed!
  • Options
    @whaat PPA is really rough. I’m sorry that you are having to deal with it already/again. I’m glad you are recognizing the signs and facing it head on. I hope you see some improvement soon. This community will be here if/when you need it!
  • Options
    @whaat I’m sorry you’re dealing with ppa already. I hope some help comes out of this referral. Keep us updated on how you’re doing if you’re up to it!
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    @whaat

I am sorry you are having to deal with that. I am not really sure what words of encouragement to offer, but we are here for you.

• Options
    @clbness very badass - good job on the quick ninja extraction! 

@whaat I'm sorry you're dealing with that right now. Hugs. <3
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @coybig I also purposely haven't swept in 2 days (possibly more, but who's counting?).  Although that's just because I'm lazy AF. Either way, yay robot assistant!
  • Options
    Does anybody have the secret for how to get nipple cream out of clothing after 2 years?I just went to put on some of my maternity tops and I just realized that despite the fact that they have been washed at least twice, there are still nipple cream stains on them.
  • Options
    @katy0990 If you figure it out let me know. I think I’m going to have to buy all new bras because the oily-ness of the nipple cream never came off and it made it so the nursing pads wouldn’t stick. Which was...an issue for me.
  • Options
    Dawn dishsoap! The blue kind! It gets oily stains out of everything! Even old stains! Lay out your shirt or bra and pour some on there and let it sit for a while and then kind of rub the material together. Toss it in the washing machine and dry it and check where the stain is.  It's worked wonders for me!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @whaat I’m happy that you got a psych referral this week - I hope you get to being better :heart:

@coybig Poop yeah! We have a different brand robot vacuum and love it. Speaking of, I need to charge it and let it run around the kitchen.
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @whaat sorry to hear you are dealing with perinatal anxiety again. It’s great you are getting connected with psych folks quickly so you can start feeling better soon.

also - if you haven’t had your thyroid checked lately, you might want to ask your doctor about testing to rule it out.  It’s a pretty common trigger for perinatal anxiety. 
  • Options
    @coybig I ordered a robot vacuum on Prime Day and am impatiently awaiting it's arrival. Let all the toddler crumbs accumulate!
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm asking for a roomba for christmas, any recommendations on which kind?