January 2019 Moms

Prime Day

Anyone get anything good? 

Celebrate great deals or ask for help troubleshooting here! 
married 7.11.09
Me: 31 DH: 36
DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Prime Day

• I’ve gotten a Kindle Paperwhite, magnetic cabinet locks, the game Sorry, a Barbie styling head (those 2 are bday gifts for my niece and nephew), a 30-count pack of Goldfish ($2.68!), and a huge pack of Chewy granola bars. Super random. 

Still watching for good good deals on diapers, preferably Pampers or Huggies. 
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• Loading the player...
  • I got a crib mattress for $45, the diaper bag backpack, the duck bathtub all my friends recommended for when baby can sit up, and an echo plus.

I’m really bummed that the app was screwed up during the time the cast iron skillet set was posted. It sold out pretty much immediately and I missed it.
    married 7.11.09
  • Omg @AliKay20 I know what you mean now!!! No more dogs!!! Just show us deals!! Take my money!!
  • @DLpanda08 do you have the link for the crib mattress? That's a deal!
  • @DLpanda08 do you have the link for the crib mattress? That's a deal!
    It was this one. Total of 48.33 at checkout with the extra discount. 

married 7.11.09
  • So many dogs, so little shopping. Have people found the app or website to be better?
  • @mrsmang I had much better luck with the app. The deals page never loaded for me on the website.
    married 7.11.09
  • I wasn't super impressed with the baby stuff.. but then again I don't really need much stuff anyway and the stuff I do want is very brand specific. I did spend $20 on a smart bracelet that tracks steps, HR, sleeps, etc. I've always wanted one, lol
  • I got a new fire stick and I had two deals I was watching but I couldn’t get through. I haven’t looked since the office though. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • I had much better luck with the website than the app, personally.

The big one was getting the car seat for 20% off. Not a great deal, but about the lowest price I can expect according to camelcamelcamel, so I went with it.
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Just kidding.. I just got the pack-n-play that I wanted for about 50% off!! It has the changing station, some diaper/wipe storage, and a portable bouncer.. #2 will be sleeping in the pnp in our room for at least 6 months, and now I only have to move the diaper pail from DDs room to ours instead of rearranging all my huge furniture!!
    https://www.amazon.com/Graco-Playard-Snuggle-Suite-Abbington/dp/B00PTL0S3Y/ref=sr_1_8_s_it?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1531788659&sr=1-8&keywords=pack%2Bn%2Bplay&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1
  • @Mandamay1414 I got the pack and play too!! So excited. 

I also picked up a phone battery bank to stash in my hospital bag. Gonna need entertainment. Hours of entertainment. 
  • I got the same Graco pack n play! 

Also got an Instant Pot and an Evenflo stroller/car seat- the reviews are mixed on the stroller so hope I like it. Super excited to use the Instant Pot.

Lastly I found a seat protector/tablet holder for $16- I’ve been meaning to get a tablet holder for some time now for DD and this seemed like a good deal, hope it works ok!
  • @kmos816 I got the seat protector too! Honestly, as long as it successfully holds a tablet it will be money well spent.

I was able to get a 13 piece glass container set with lids for less than half price and a HUGE pack of expo markers, not to mention 6 pocket style diapers for about $7 each so I’m pretty happy overall. 
    married 7.11.09
  • I was looking at the pack n play but I’m torn because I have a cheaper one (when not on sale) on our registry and if someone else bought it for us then it would be free, but this one is a great deal!  Any thoughts from STM+s on buying when you see a sale vs wait and see if someone buys it on the registry?
  • @kmos816 we LOVE our instapot. I got a great deal on amazon at Christmas time and we use it all.the.time. It was a gift for DH and I also got him a tablet. He likes it more than the tablet. Lol. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • jgil85jgil85 member
    I bought nothing for the baby. But I did buy a Roomba so I don't have to feel bad about the crumbs all over my floor from the toddler. We'll see if it actually works. 
  • I got a set of MAM anti colic bottles for half price! 
  • We got a Pack n Play to keep at my mother’s house but that’s been it so far. I was a little tempted by one of the travel systems I’ve been looking at being on sale, but I’m just not ready to commit!
  • We got a Cloud Cam, an Echo dot, some NYX Primer, some rechargable batteries and a painting for the nursery (just to spend $10 off my registry, lol). 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
  • Guys, lots of Melissa & Doug toys on Prime deal still going on today! 
  • AliKay20 said:
    Guys, lots of Melissa & Doug toys on Prime deal still going on today! 
    We love our Melissa & Doug toys too, BTW.
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• mrsmang said:
    I was looking at the pack n play but I’m torn because I have a cheaper one (when not on sale) on our registry and if someone else bought it for us then it would be free, but this one is a great deal!  Any thoughts from STM+s on buying when you see a sale vs wait and see if someone buys it on the registry?
    My coworker gave me her PnP for free.
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• Anyone have a Sarah Wells breast pump bag?  There’s one on prime day and I’ve heard great things. Just trying to decide if it’s worth the money - still $90 on sale even though it’s normally $125
  • Target is having a huge sale today. Graco car seats have some great deals. 

https://www.target.com/c/graco-gear-sale/-/N-2ibvlZrz14nZrz14nZ5tdv0?lnk=carseats
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • @mrsmang would you need two PnP at all? One for grandparents or other family to keep at their house? Otherwise if no one has bought it it is still easy to change the registry. We bought a car seat/stroller combo on Cyber Monday for DD 1, it was a great deal and what we wanted. At the end there was still stuff on our registry left to purchase as well so idk if anyone would have bought the car seat/stroller for us!
  • @UnbreakableKimmySchmidt we will probably need ones at some of the grandparents houses, but they are all far away from us. They can buy their own when we come visit if we aren’t bringing it haha. I think we missed the pack n play one, but it’s still something I will probably struggle with until our shower(s) (again, spread out family). Thankfully cyber Monday will probably be after all those are done so hopefully that will help us get any last things. 
  • KLS123KLS123 member
    I got the Kiinde feeding system gift set for 50% off on a lightning sale; Likely going to pull the trigger on buying two Fire tablets (one for me and one for DH) to use with an already owned Nest cam as our baby monitor system. Also likely getting two Echo Dots so I can rig up some voice activated smart lighting to make MOTN feedings a bid easier not having to fumble around for a switch.

On the fence about a PnP; I think I'll wait until black friday on that one and mull it over a bit more...
  • @mrsmang I have a Sarah Wells pump bag and I love it! I still use it as my daily bag. It's so worth the money!!!
  • @molosmiles yay!  I ordered it because I figured if I got it and didn’t like it I could return it. 
  • The pack n play that was on sale was the same one I’d registered for so a I bought it! (We’re not having a baby shower; I just registered for the registry benefits and free stuff.) We tend to mostly co-sleep and gave away our crib even before baby number 3 was born because the other 2 hardly used it. I want the pack n play for naps and for when H and I need some alone time in our bed. I just don’t think it’s worth the space the crib takes up, at least for us. I’m ordering a good mattress and soft sheets for it.
  • @molosmiles the hue light bulbs that sync with the echo dot are worth every penny! We have them in our bedroom and I’m definitely putting them in the nursery lamp.
    married 7.11.09
  • DLpanda08 said:
    @molosmiles the hue light bulbs that sync with the echo dot are worth every penny! We have them in our bedroom and I’m definitely putting them in the nursery lamp.
    We have them too and they're AMAZING! 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • I just got our baby monitor for 30% off!
     *happy dancing around the room*

i feel like I got enough deals to justify all my pre-prime day deal stalking. Lol
    married 7.11.09
  • I am so freaking upset... apparently there was a free for all diaper giveaway (sort of) this morning where people were getting TONS of babyganics products for free by coupon stacking. I'm telling you guys so I'm not alone sulking over this.  
  • There is a baby gate lightening deal coming up,  if anyone needs one
  • We got two first aid kits, an applebees gift card, 2 life straws, 2 containers of aquaphor (yay!!), a pillowcase for dd's pillow, a butterfly kit? For dd, beekeeping for dummies, the cast iron skillet and some stuff to go with it... and a couple of other things. Hubby went a little nuts.
  • We got a house safety kit for next to nothing, and I got a big pregnancy pillow since I'm already struggling with super sore boobs and stiffness in my back. 
  • Now I’m bummed we missed out on the life straws! I’ve been wanting to get some of those.