January 2019 Moms

FTM Check In w/o 7/10

Sorry all, I’m a day late!  I think last time the open discussion format worked well. How’s everyone feeling?  Has the thread where people are talking about birth experiences made people feel better or worse?

Re: FTM Check In w/o 7/10

• I didn't see the birth experiences thread, but feeling OK! I nerded out hard on a finances spreadsheet for maternity leave and we're in better shape than I thought. So, done freaking out about that (for now). Even with a workplace with 0 maternity policy or STD...

Spent like 3 hours researching breastfeeding yesterday and now I'm really hoping to see leaking nipples semi soonish. :lol: Also my mom said she felt the flutters a LOT earlier than anyone else. Hoping I'll get tap into those genes -- is that a thing? I'm sure it varies per person/pregnancy, but so far I've had almost identical symptoms so hoping I get this one too! Getting so real the closer I get to 2nd tri. Counting down the days!
  • Oh god,  I definitely DNW leaking nipples right now.  When is that supposed to start  :s
  • Loading the player...
  • @galactickates I've seen on some forums people that start as early as 10 weeks :astonished: but a lot of ladies have said around 15-16 weeks is when it started for them. I've had so many breastfeeding dreams so now I want proof that these bad boys are going to do their thang lmao 
  • I'm feeling okay, but I have a headache that will not quit and is not responding to tylenol or me constantly chugging water. I've had the sniffles for a week or so - I hope it's not a sinus infection forming. Today's also the first day I looked at myself in the mirror before work and was like "whoa that's a bump". It definitely just looks like a food baby but it's hard to the touch (and I'm pretty sure my actual food baby is just sitting right above it haha) so I'm confident it's uterus.

I read through the thread and I think it made me feel better! I haven't really gotten to the point of worrying about labor yet, but I like to be fully prepared for every situation. It makes me feel better knowing what to expect, be it positive or negative. 

Also, count me out for the leaking nipples.
  • @ers7924 I feel the same way.  I look in the mirror and think I see a baby bump but I can't really tell.  It looks like I've just gained a lot weight even though I've lost 2 lbs.  Delivery just seems so far away and unreal at this point. 
  • @kaf1788 I had a raging headache last week, and if you're properly hydrated then maybe try some caffeine? I called my advice nurse and they recommended - it was the only thing that helped me.
  • @ers7924 agreed! I feel too normal to be pregnant. I had some nausea in weeks 7-8 but have felt fine since. A little extra sleepy, but what else is new? I know my leaky nip comment is a tad crazy, but give me a sign!! 
  • Even after the birth experience discussion I’m still a bit freaked out. A friend of mine had a 4th degree tear when she had my godson and I’m just so nervous about tearing. 

Also, my doctors office delivers at a baby friendly hospital so there is no nursery option. I’m starting to wonder if that is a good thing or not. 
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @kianarain I want a sign too, but I was going more in the direction of a baby bump or movement.  :o Not leaking nipples!!!!  :tired_face:  :s:worried: 
  • kianarain said:
    @galactickates I've seen on some forums people that start as early as 10 weeks :astonished: but a lot of ladies have said around 15-16 weeks is when it started for them. I've had so many breastfeeding dreams so now I want proof that these bad boys are going to do their thang lmao 

wait...whats this about leaking nipples? Y'all telling me the milk comes that far ahead of the baby???? whuuut?
    That's all i need. Gigantic quadruple F boobs with wet spots :( lolol
  • @kianarain I want a sign too, but I was going more in the direction of a baby bump or movement.  :o Not leaking nipples!!!!  :tired_face:  :s:worried: 

Girl yes! lol. I have an at home Doppler (that now can finally pick up a HB) and that's a good sign! Leaky boobs, well... i'm happy to wait much later for that! These bad boys just STOPPED being constantly painful.
  • DLpanda08 what do you mean about your hospital not having a nursery option? 
  • DLpanda08 what do you mean about your hospital not having a nursery option? 
    The baby stays in the room with mom 24/7. There is no option to send baby to a nursery so you can rest. 
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • oh yeah.. how I'm doing.... I'm still not feeling well, but nowhere near an utterly devastated as a couple weeks ago. My doc keeps saying maybe in week "this" or week "that" i will finally start feeling normal/better. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one.
    I also didn't see a birth story thread, but i have read a couple books on the subject. I'm not going nuts about that yet since i still feel its too early in the game for me to get nervous already. I'm still more concerned about making each milestone and hoping this pregnancy continues.
    I haven't started buying anything. We having though about a registry. We haven't begun to clear the spare room to turn it into a nursery or anything. We are just coasting at this point and hoping things work out.
  • KLS123KLS123 member
    The birth story thread made me feel better I think. It's just nice to be reminded so many women have done it, made it, and chose to do it again so that's reassuring?
    Im in the second tri now (15 weeks) and have moved on from naseua to headaches and acne...yippee
    I do have a bit of a baby bump but I mostly just look fatter and it's so hard to find anything remotely flattering. It's like that in between phase where the bump isn't big enough to be  cute in form fitting clothes but it fills out lose/flowy non-maternity tops so I just look chubby.
  • The discussion on giving birth was happening on the ask me anything thread for those who didn’t see it. I think it made me feel better, but I’m still afraid.  I’m trying to figure out who I want there and even after the birth, which moms, if anything, I’m ok with having stay at my house. None of our parents live closer than 4 hours drive away, and both moms are a flight. I know they will probably want to come see the baby right away, but I kind of want to say if they want to come see her that’s fine, but then go home and come back a week or two later. We’ll see. 

I definitely didnt know leaky boobs started earlier than birth, and definitely not as early as 10 weeks. That’s scary!

My nausea has finally let up, other than right when I wake up. I am now noticing some heartburn, and definitely a little bump. It’s looking a lot like a food baby and making me a little insecure, but at least people close to me know what’s going on. I’ll be happy when it’s just a little bigger and obviously a baby bump. At least until stretch marks start showing up. I’ve caved to one pair of maternity jeans I wear when I want to be comfy, and then a band extender on a few other pairs. It was just getting too uncomfortable, mostly when I sat down. 
  • KLS123KLS123 member
    @mrsmang oh yeah the ship sailed on buttoning my jeans a few weeks ago. I haven't made the leap to maternity ones yet (mostly because I don't like shopping, particularly for pants) so I have been limping along with the rubber band/hair tie extender trick
  • @KLS123 You can buy belly bands on Amazon. They allow for you to undo your pants, and the band both covers the fact that your pants are undone and it holds your pants up. I have three and wouldn't give them up! And maternity skirts... Lifesavers. Found a bunch at a yard sale. I work in a tech job where I'm supposed to be climbing ladders and crawling around in dirty spaces, but my boss made accommodations for me when the MS was horrendously bad. I can actually wear skirts to work!
  • cait32 said:
    @kianarain and anyone else— STM popping in to say I never had leaky nipples and most people I know didn’t have them at all until maybe the very end...rest assured based on my anecdotal experience you’re far more likely to feel movement and see a bump before anything is leaking
    +1 I never had leaky nipples during pregnancy.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • DLpanda08 said:
    DLpanda08 what do you mean about your hospital not having a nursery option? 
    The baby stays in the room with mom 24/7. There is no option to send baby to a nursery so you can rest. 
    I think my hospital has both, but if I make it to birth, I ain’t gonna want them to take my baby anywhere (unless he/she is ill). But I can see how you might want those last couple days of sleep :)
  • @DLpanda08 STM popping in. I also delivered at a baby friendly hospital and was told that the baby needed to stay in my room with me. I stayed in the hospital 2 nights because they wanted to make sure DS was eating ok since it was my first time breastfeeding and he also got circumcised which made him extra tired. My Nurse the 2nd night offered to take him to the nursery so I could get a chunk (4 hours ) of sleep. When I said I didnt know they had a nursery she said it's because they dont promote it because so many hours need to be spent with mom so they can keep their certification. Hopefully you have a nice nurse who offers the same to you! 
    BabyFruit Ticker