October 2018 Moms
Options

Sunday ticker change 7/15

Early morning bumping as I had to get up early for work (only 4x a year thankfully) 

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: Who’s your go to band or artist when you can’t decide on something to listen to?

Re: Sunday ticker change 7/15

• Options

25 weeks. Cauliflower or rutabaga 

2. How are you feeling?

Feeling pretty good, insomnia is bad and now dealing with numbs hands when I sleep

Dr appt this week, finally get the results from my anatomy scan done at 22 weeks and confirmation that I don’t have GD

None this week

5. GTKY: Who’s your go to band or artist when you can’t decide on something to listen to?

Anything country, no real band or artist preference 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    @SweetSweetTooth - Have you considered talking to the organizers?  Just because something is outside, it doesn’t mean smoking is allowed.  

@jellybelly114 - I’ve found thar being honest in situations like that is awesome: “I’m feeling really crappy because I haven’t gotten more than 4 hours of decent sleep in the last week between the constant peeing, heartburn and pregnancy induced insomnia.  But hey!  Baby spent all night kicking me in the belly button- so that was kind of cool.  How are you?”

ETA: They’ll either stop asking you or commiserate about their own experience with pregnancy.  Both are suitable outcomes for me.  :)
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    They only smoked close during setup. They have been stepping away since then! So happy and the fan did wonders too!
    Edit spelling 
  • Options

27 weeks - a fennec fox (or lettuce)

2. How are you feeling?

Anxious. DS1 was born at 27 weeks and I’ve been having some cramping... nothing regular, but noticeable 

Accupuncture Monday, OB and Ultrasound Thursday, and I need to book a lab appointment for the GD screen. And I’m waiting to hear my MRI results  

As always - kids are being a bit much. Summer break is slowly killing my sanity

Probably ‘The Tragically Hip’ but I don’t expect anyone outside of Canada to know them. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @jellybelly114 I feel the same. I basically just respond with "tired and uncomfortable".
  • Options

25 weeks - cauliflower!

2. How are you feeling?

Pretty good - heartburn has lessened thankfully. Definitely starting to get some pelvic pain and feeling large and uncomfortable but overall this is the best I’ve felt so far!

Yes - midwife apt today and should get my three ultrasound results (baby wouldn’t cooperate and show his/her heart properly the first two times), and I imagine I’ll be sent for a GD test this time as well.

I’m so tired all the time now and because I’m getting achy it’s making my motivation to work very low. I’d love to go off a bit earlier this time but I don’t want to waste much of my maternity leave before baby comes as I’d really like to stay home until he/she turns one before going back. (We get a year of mat leave in Canada) I keep having to remind myself there’s only three months of work left which I’m sure will fly by!

Umm...I don’t know. I have super eclectic tastes and am not someone who needs music on all the time - I prefer silence if given a choice most of the time!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @elothair if you have banked sick time you can use that (and then short term disability) if you need. I’m off and have enough sick time to get me through to about 35 weeks. If I’m still pregnant at that point (history of preemies) I’ll start STD and my Mat Leave won’t be impacted. 
  • Options
    @elothair you get a year of maternity leave in Canada?! That's crazy! As a US gov employee I get nothing so I will be using combination sick leave and vacation to take my three months. I've had friends who had to go back after 8 weeks. I really hate the US sometimes. Le sigh.
  • Options
    I feel like it’s been forever since I’ve done one of these!

26 weeks - butternut squash

2. How are you feeling?

Pretty good. Just a bit achy and tired at all times and I get heartburn about every other day. 

Nothing until Aug 9th. OB decided I am no longer high risk so I got a nice break this go.

Oh gosh, I just wish I had more motivation right now. All I’ve gotten thus far is a stroller/car seat.  The nursery is still DS’s playroom. 

Rebolution or Iration. Anything reggae really. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @jellybelly114 yep. Leave in Canada is either 12 or 18 months, and it’s a paid leave through the government. Not anywhere close to what a salary would be (at best you get 55% of your income for a year, or I think 33% for the 18 months - the 18 months is a new option). But it’s way better than the US. 
  • Options
    @jennybean114 it actually makes me feel better to know it’s not paid at 100%. Lol! I always thought you got it all! I get 12 weeks 100% and can work from home with baby up to a year. DH gets 26 weeks at 100%. So at least a few companies are ahead of the curve down here! The good ones are at least!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @sparklingwhit there are some companies that top up the other 45%, unfortunately not with my current job but most government positions and some private companies have that added bonus. I am just so glad to be able to take the year off, I couldn’t imagine only getting 12 weeks with my babe.