July 2018 Moms

Weekday Randoms 7/16-7/20

Re: Weekday Randoms 7/16-7/20

• nimmlenimmle member
    So I'm wondering if DH working from home on Mondays is going to be a regular thing now. Although, I half suspect that he's WFH because he has a big presentation in front of leadership tomorrow and if he's in the office everyone is just going to bug him all day and he won't be able to finish. Poor guy has been working on it all weekend.

I can't wait for this presentation to be over as well as he claims he will be a lot more helpful around the house once he's past it. I sure hope so and that something else work related doesn't come up. Problem is when you're doing these big projects on top of your day-to-day that things get crazy so I get it. Luckily in my line or work the work pace is alot slower, or really I just pretend it takes me this long to get things done.
  • Loading the player...
  • emsnedemsned member
    @nimmle I hope things calm down for your H after his big project is done and that nothing else comes up. Sounds like you’re being pretty supportive and understanding, and hopefully he’ll be able to help you around the house when he’s done. 

I desperately miss my DH. We used to FaceTime him at the beginning of the summer but he said it makes him depressed, so now I mostly just text him. Poor guy is in Nova Scotia all by himself and working really long shifts, while me and his two kids are spending the summer with his family. He feels like he’s missing out on so much. I keep trying to remind him, though, that this time spent apart will be so small in the grand scheme of things, and we’ll be home soon. 
  • Congrats to all the new mamas!

@nimmle yea love it when you have to find time to do stuff for work on top of your regular day - hope he's not driving you too nuts
    @zande2016 wow that was quite the ordeal! glad you are feeling better about your experience this time

AFM - last week of work!! work friend and husband suggested I initiate full backup protocols to ease in while still here to correct/assist - so I'm just sitting back right now watching Glee, catching up on boards, and trying to figure out how to find tie dye for spirit day tomorrow at daycare.  Totally thinking I'm going to end up running out at lunch for a Joann's trip - panera happens to be across the street with my big ole lemonade :-9
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • nimmlenimmle member
    @cseley321 Ahhh so soon! Excited for you to meet your newest LO soon. Definitely enjoy your day with your DD today if you can.

@emsnedds I'm trying to be supportive, but on the inside I'm like "you can't take 10 minutes to clean the bathroom while you're already in there playing games on your phone?!?!" How much longer until you head back to Nova Scotia. I know you're waiting on paperwork to get the LOs passport.

@gingerbride26 Yay last week of work! Now you have me craving Panera. I just remembered that since DH is home today the car is here and I can make a Panera run for lunch. Yaaassss.
  • @nimmle total LOL at cleaning bathroom while already in there.   I totally have the cleaning bug myself but DH wouldn't let me even touch the laundry yesterday...I overdid it Saturday trying to enjoy our potential last weekend as a family of 3 and was having painful cramps yesterday so I was told to sit on the couch and watch moana with the kiddo while he crazy deep cleaned the first floor - don't think the @wildtot induction method works when DH does the cleaning though ;-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • nimmlenimmle member
    @gingerbride26 Bahaha that is true. I did save the floor of the bathrooms and the bottom of the shower for DH though. A little much to get on hands and knees these days. I love Moana, that sounds like an awesome break to me.
  • @cseley321 I hope all goes smoothly tomorrow, and definitely try to enjoy today with your 1st! We did a weekend of fun stuff for my son as it suddenly dawned on me that he is running out of time as an only child. 

I will be 39 weeks tomorrow and was up most of the night being headbutted in the cervix and feeling super nauseated. I also feel like baby is so so so low now. But I got up this morning, and feel completely normal. Not sure what to make of it. Tomorrow is my last day in the office, and then I get to work from home until baby arrives, so I'm at least excited about that. 
  • nimmlenimmle member
    @limoncat Yay for working from home!!
  • @cseley321 Good luck tomorrow. I'm feeling the same way about this possibly being my last days ever being pregnant and my DD's last days as an only child. We had a fun active weekend with her which I also hoped would kick start labor.

Nope! Hanging out, past due, nothing going on.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • SmashJamSmashJam member
    edited July 2018
    @limoncat nothing makes me more crazy than every day I wake up feeling completely normal, lol. I had a week where I was cramping all the time, and now nothing. I feel normal 90% of the time, except now babe is now definitely head down (not sure if he flipped before, or if I was being crazy) and I have crazy pressure and some pain when I walk. I keep trying to remind myself I still have a week and a half til my due date (10 days) so really, its not surprising nothing is happening given my history of going late, but that week of cramping was a mind eff! I was all prepared to hit 42 weeks until that got my hopes up a little! 

I went to our forest playgroup today with DS, built lean tos in the woods, walked up and down a hill twice, hung out in the sun and...nothing. I have some BH but I haven't pooped yet today so I basically am just assuming that's whats going on. 

• I never made it out for my lemonade :'( I've been walking without screaming thank god, but my hip/groin is def still FUBAR - took a shower and completely re-pissed it off trying to lift my leg to scrub.  So here i sit dressed and clean but only made it halfway to the front door before I decided to listen to my body and not go out.  Told DH to pick me up after work/DD and we'll go over together and get dinner as well.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @SmashJam it is such a mind game! It is hard not to go crazy. I am also really stressed about the logistics of my son's care depending when I go into labor, so I feel like I am analyzing every slight twitch just to "be prepared". 
  • @nimmle that sounds like the perfect job!

I was just thinking of pitching to Love Sac company about how they need to promote their giant love sacs to pregnant/pp women. I've slept better and in less pain when sleeping on our love sac. I sleep at an angle and it supports my hips and lower back. It's beautiful sleep! Highly recommend! 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• emsnedemsned member
    @nimmle  That is frustrating, and if it continues to bother you after his project is over then you should totally ask for more help and let him know you need/want help. Also, that job ad is awesome!!! I need that to be my career. 
    My DH will be back to help us fly to Nova Scotia in about 4-5 weeks, so I’m just trying to hang in there and stay positive. I’m super lucky to be around family to help with the kiddos.
  • millpemillpe member
    Hey friends!  Sorry I have been absent for the last 3 weeks. Just learning how hard and tiring having a newborn that doesnt sleep at night can be...

@nimmle I need that job!
    @gingerbride26 sorry you are still dealing with the pain! Hopefully the end is near! 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @gingerbride26 I hope you got your lemonade. Also, I’m jealous that your dh deep cleaned. AFM, mine suggested I should shampoo the playroom’s carpet!

Neither of my girls ever dropped, and I don’t remember contractions either. I’m trying to soak in these last few days of ever being pregnant, but I’m officially miserable. And since it’s close enough to my aunt getting here, and I have childcare arranged from now until she gets here on Wednesday, I wish he would just come already! Then again, I still need to deep clean the downstairs. I deep cleaned the upstairs first because I know DH is more likely to help downstairs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Friday morning I lost my mucus plug. With my last two pregnancies that was my first sign of labour and baby arrived within 24 hours. I felt so off all day and was sure something was going on.... But nothing. Saturday I felt fine, yesterday I was really crampy/off all day and was sure baby was on his way... Nothing. Today, feeling fine again. Pretty over the back and forth of it all... 
  • @nimmle @AlwaysMrsS def not complaining - but this is def not really the norm - it's like he's taken 6 months of ignoring cleaning since the drs told me to take it easy and is cramming it into 2 weekends before the baby comes lol

I got lemonade with dinner at Chili's - but it was SO not panera lemonade level!! Went to walmart for the tie dye kit and bought a tie dye shirt and "neon" outfit for spirit week for half the price of the kit...I'm usually a pinterest and DIY mom so this was a big step and speaks to just how miserable i am lol 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @KatyF0813 that was the same with me! I was really certain I would have baby girl the first weekend in July because of similar signs and a "hunch", but everything pointed to nothing until I finally started BH + cramping early Saturday morning. It was so frustrating! Hopefully your signs progress to real labor soon!

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • I'm the one up early this morning with the doggos, DH took the day off so he could go to the farm program with us today but its supposed to storm like all morning so I don't think any of us will get to go! Today is DH and I's 8th anniversary (10 years dating this Novemeber!). We are celebrating next weekend with dinner out (scheduled two days after my due date) because MIL got married on July 18 3 years ago so they have their anniversary weekend planned this weekend. Its convenient because we help each other remember what day the anniversary is, lol.
  • Happy anniversary @SmashJam! It's our 6 year anniversary at the end of this month too. We have no plans for it because we have baby.

We will finally get to go home today I think. Baby girl just got her billirubin prick so we have an hour for the results and my discharge paperwork is just waiting on her. We are now expecting her to remain under threshold for phototherapy since her last reading was under too. Then we have to pick up my mom from the airport on the way home. Can't wait to see the kiddos at home and settle into our new home routine.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • And846And846 member
    edited July 2018
    Happy Anniversary @SmashJam

• DH makes me crazy sometimes with the DS. He always makes wild statements we will never follow through with and engages in power struggles. Like, he's been in time out 3 times this morning because he won't put his shirt on. DS put his arm in the wrong hole the third time and I was like, "How do you fix this?" and DH just took the shirt and put him back in time out. And told him he'd, "Be in time out all day" if he can't get his shirt on. We are not going to keep him in time out all day. And I need to get to the damn store so can we give him a chance to correct himself before assuming he is just being silly? I know he is capable of putting his shirt on and i put him in timeout if he's being an asshat about it but...this might be a little much.
  • Trying to catch up with most of the threads. Aside from being exhausted, we’ve had two weeks of my family visiting and helping. My BIL arrives today for another week of help. Trying to figure out a routine without going off on H because he still sleeps more than me. DS and LO seem to wake at the same time and i have to feed LO almost immediately and begin to get DS ready for the sitter. H being asleep most of the time and marinating in bed after I’ve asked him multiple times to get up. 
    Congrats to all the new mamas and best of luck to those delivering soon! 
  • nimmlenimmle member
    Happy Anniversary @SmashJam!!

AFM dealing with boss yet again today. Hate that she waiting until now to go over my stuff. Seriously, if any of this takes a while it's her problem.
  • @SmashJam happy anniversary! We also struggle with unrealistic expectations/harsh punishments.  Don't get me wrong i blow up at her too and threaten punishments - but he seems to go extreme and then also doesn't follow through - like she's bad in the tub so he does a count to 3 and tells her no books....yet she ends up getting books before bed (facepalm)
    @wildtot help or "help" from family? Also you are a saint and I would have stabbed some people starting with DH after 2 weeks of visiting family and DH sleeping instead of helping

AFM - I'm happy DD and DH have created this bond in the past few months - i *know* it will make transition easier when I'm attached to a baby 20 hours a day, but i'm starting to really feel left out - i keep rubbing the belly and saying things like "this one will love me.  think of all we will share" - total Dr Finklestein moment from Nightmare lol They say the mother/son bond is amazing right? just need to not turn into a monster-in-law ;-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • happy Anniversary @SmashJam!
  • acunamatadaacunamatada member
    edited July 2018
    Congrats @paytonpedro!! 

Happy anniversay @SmashJam!! 

I have zero functional brain time these days. DH took DS to his play group today and I got my lil fuss bucket to sleep in her swing. My house is so quiet I don’t know what to do with myself. I’ve got a laundry list of things I should do, but I think it’s nap time. 
  • Congratulations @paytonpedro!
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congrats @paytonpedro!
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I catch myself loosing patience with my toddler and find that I am escalating an issue with my impatience. But it is hard keeping that patience when you are battling with a toddler! I think I told him he wouldn’t go to his grandparents anymore because he wasn’t listening. Yeah...little extreme but I was frustrated! 

I couldnt handle visitors for more than a few days. I am actually annoyed by my parents. They live 8 hours away and they are retired. They have not come to see DS since Christmas. My dad is just a worry wart and makes it a big deal to ever leave the house. My mom is a home body too but always wished they would travel more. I know my dad stresses her out and she has said she is done asking to go on vacations. She won’t travel by herself...even to visit here. So I have stopped pushing for them to visit. Well all of a sudden my mom keeps asking when they can come down and suggested before I even have the baby. Umm no, I am not having my parents sit and stare at me when I go into labor. I do most of my laboring at home and I am sure they would go on and on about how I should go to the hospital right away. Honestly, I don’t even want visitors for awhile with a newborn. Part of me feels like they waited this long to come down, they can wait a little longer when it is convenient for me. Maybe I should have put this on Monday BF.
  • michelle_birdmichelle_bird member
    edited July 2018
    @gingerbride26 I LOL'd but totally get it! DH has always been great with DD but has stepped it up big time this last week since the baby came. She's been so happy spending time with him that she just says "bye Mom" and walks out without even a hug! This morning she asked to come downstairs and give me a big hug so I felt a tiny bit vindicated. But, my life would be so much harder right now if she were still super clingy to me too.

Oh! I came to share 2 app type things for anyone interested. 

-Qeepsake: it's a text message journal where they text you age appropriate qiesiabout your LO and store your responses. You can also send your own notes any time and get books printed. I'm hoping it'll help my STM brain to have material for his baby book. This is my referral link:
    https://www.qeepsake.co/referral/?referral_code=MICHELLE507&referrer=Michelle

-Baby Daybook - this is an app we use to track everything baby related (feedings, diapers, sleep, bottles, meds, etc). You can add multiple caregivers, track pumping time, etc. We love it and I still use it to try DD's growth in their WHO growth chart feature. I bought the paid version after trying and loving the free one.
  • Congrats @paytonpedro
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing