August 2018 Moms
Options

July Check-in

Let's start with a basic check-in, and we can start more threads as we like after that.

How far along are you?

How are you feeling?

Rants/Raves?

Questions?

Re: July Check-in

• Options
    How far along are you?
    35 weeks today!

How are you feeling?
    Tired.  And my pelvis and pubic bone hurt every time I walk.  And I've been getting a lot of heartburn, especially when I want to sleep.  But otherwise, not too bad!

Rants/Raves?
    I think today I officially became the cliche of the pregnant woman slowly waddling as fast as she can to the restroom a dozen times a day.  I'm not thrilled about that.

I am getting really excited to meet this baby, though!  This pregnancy has been a bit tougher than my last one, which may be a good thing, since I really loved being pregnant last time and was a little sad about the idea of stopping at 2 kids.  Now, I'm a bit more eager to be done being pregnant, and am a lot less sad about the idea of being done forever.

Questions?
    Anyone else really not ready to bring a baby home?  I'm feeling really ready mentally, and feel like I'll be able to handle labor and birth, but our house isn't even close to ready.  If this baby comes at 38 weeks like DS did, I just don't see how we can be ready in time.
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    36 weeks

How are you feeling?
    Miserable and anxious! I’m 2cm dilated and 50% effaced as of this past Tuesday. I’m having a lot of cramps and back pain. I had DS at 37 weeks, so now that I’m a few days away from that, I’m getting so nervous about it all again. For some reason really don’t want something to happen in the middle of the night! I’m now exclusively working from home so that’s nice. 

Rants/Raves?

I am just ready to meet this little guy and start progressing to be “back to normal”

My DH is my rave, he’s been so awesome while I’ve been this very unhappy blob lol

Questions?

Not that I can think of
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 33.5 weeks

How are you feeling? hot and slow moving.  I started my Zantac prescription last week so at least the heartburn is gone.

Rants/Raves? I'm with @Secretstapler on being SO DONE with pregnancies.  But I guess birthing 3 kids in 38 months will do that to you.  I have literally been pregnant and/or breastfeeding nonstop since October 2014.  I am mentally and physically done.

Questions? nah.
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    35 weeks today!

How are you feeling?
    Tired.  And my pelvis and pubic bone hurt every time I walk.  And I've been getting a lot of heartburn, especially when I want to sleep.  But otherwise, not too bad!

Rants/Raves?
    I think today I officially became the cliche of the pregnant woman slowly waddling as fast as she can to the restroom a dozen times a day.  I'm not thrilled about that.

I am getting really excited to meet this baby, though!  This pregnancy has been a bit tougher than my last one, which may be a good thing, since I really loved being pregnant last time and was a little sad about the idea of stopping at 2 kids.  Now, I'm a bit more eager to be done being pregnant, and am a lot less sad about the idea of being done forever.

Questions?
    Anyone else really not ready to bring a baby home?  I'm feeling really ready mentally, and feel like I'll be able to handle labor and birth, but our house isn't even close to ready.  If this baby comes at 38 weeks like DS did, I just don't see how we can be ready in time.
    I feel the exact same way. I had my oldest at 38+3 and now I'm 35+2 and have not done anything to prepare. I don't know what I'm waiting for??? I don't know if it's knowing we have everything stored nicely in our attic or if it's just being a seasoned mom but I really need to put out at least the carseat and clothes!
    Carolyn (33) & Steve (33) Married 1/28/12 DS 4/16/14 BFP 9/13/15~Due 5/20/16
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    35+2 
    How are you feeling?
    Good, starting to be really uncomfortable sleeping but overall really good.
    Rants/Raves?
    None really
    Questions?
    Is anyone else feeling guilty about bringing another baby home? I feel like my 4 year old's world is going to be completely rocked and have a lot of guilt about it... Even though he's excited, I feel badly that everything will change  :(

Carolyn (33) & Steve (33) Married 1/28/12 DS 4/16/14 BFP 9/13/15~Due 5/20/16
  • Options
    How far along are you?

37w tomorrow.

How are you feeling?

Bruised. This LO has decided he just likes to kick any time I’m trying to relax. He also is into giving false alarms.

Rants/Raves?

We spend 7 hours in L&D Friday night/Saturday morning. Enough that I wasn’t marked as crazy, but not enough to pull my stitch. Luckily I didn’t get a signed note that to call the doc who was oncall Friday night Incase whoever I’m seeing Tuesday doesn’t want to pull the stitch.

Questions?

Why do I feel like I’m 43w pregnant? I haven’t made it to 39.4 in either pregnancy, but right now I feel so ‘over done’ it’s ridiculous.

@Care6582 I am. L is starting to understand and get excited, but E is going to lose her place as ‘spoiled baby’ and I’m not sure how to help her.

@delujm0 @Secretstapler I’m 100% done with being pregnant. If we decide that there is a hole in our family, adoption will be our route. I can’t imagine doing this to myself again.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    @princesslockness the third pregnancy seems to be such a killer for a lot of people.  My friends that have 3 have all agreed that it is full garbage compared to the others.  I can't believe people do this more than 3 times.  I think you're in the same boat as me where it's 3 in 3 years basically, so that makes it worse I think.  DH is getting ready to schedule his vasectomy in the next few months and I do not feel sad about it at all.
  • Options
    How far along are you?  35 weeks

How are you feeling? I had been feeling pretty good most of this pregnancy. Lately it's just gone down hill. I don't know if it's because I'm bigger now, or getting bigger quicker, or what. I tried to describe it to my husband and the best way I can think of is that it feels like when you go on a health kick and eat really well for like a month, then you go on vacation and just eat garbage for 3 days. You just feel blah and huge and unmotivated. And my heartburn just seems to be getting worse. I could manage it with Tums, but now I have to do Zantac to get it under control. I don't want him to drop JUST yet, but I can't wait til he does so hopefully my heartburn will get a bit of relief..

Rants/Raves? We have our growth scan this week and I'm really excited. Haven't seen him since 24 weeks. Then next week I get the cerclage out - which I'm also excited about. I can't wait to take a bath.

Questions? Not really right now. Just hoping the cerclage removal goes well and is minimal pain.

• Options
    @delujm0 Yes, #3’s EDD is 2 days after #1’s 3rd bday. The seriously shitty thing is H is not yet 25, so no one in our Mormon bubble area will snip him. I also refuse to have another surgery after 2 cerclage a and a CS. 100% his turn.

@hezzer78 That is a perfect description for the end of pregnancy.

• Options
    How far along are you?35+5

How are you feeling? So sore.

Rants/Raves? Plan to pack my bag this week and hopefully be basically ready for baby to arrive!

Questions?  This is my second baby and I didn’t have any contractions or pains when my uterus went back down, but I hear it’s worse for STMs. Is that true? I’m getting nervous.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    @princesslockness ugh that sucks that it would be difficult for your husband to get a vasectomy anytime soon.  We both just turned 36 so no one is going to question it.  DH was telling me last night that a lot of places will let you bank some sperm before the procedure "just in case you change your mind" and I was like "that's great if you want to pay to store sperm, but I'm not paying for the sperm you are clearly saving for your second wife, because I'm not doing this again" haha.  DH wasn't even fully on board with having a third, but we were careless so the decision was made for him...not sure why he thinks he'd need to prepare for a 4th.  We are already counting down the days until this baby is 3 years old and our other two are 4 and 6 and we do something other than parent every once in a while.

My oldest turned 3 a few weeks ago...we have 23.5 months between the first two and will have somewhere around 14 months between numbers 2 and 3.  Pro tip for the FTMs: exclusively breastfeeding is not the same as birth control.  Use condoms.
  • Options
    nugs41nugs41 member
    How far along are you?
    Just started 35 weeks

How are you feeling? 
    Good like 60% of the time, but then uncomfortable, sore, and tired the rest. 

Rants/Raves?
    Rant- My husband has been so helpful and wonderful through this whole pregnancy so I can't complain too much. BUT I feel like he doesn't understand how uncomfortable I am doing simple things like getting out of the car and like picking up things. He helps when I ask, but at this point he shouldn't he just know!?
    Rave- I work PT over the summer, so having the extra time to rest and check things off my to do list to get ready for baby is making me feel so much more ready. 

Questions?
    I started packing my hospital bag and am wondering if it's easier/more comfortable to pack sleep dress things and a robe instead of sweatpants for the hospital stay?
  • Options
    @nugs41 honestly I stayed in the hospital gown until the day I left, when I showered and put on sweats.  It's super easy to breastfeed in and you're bleeding everywhere so that way you don't destroy your actual clothes.  I've never stayed more than 36 hours after the births though (I tend to give birth in the evening so that counts as night 1).  If i had a CS and was staying 3-4 days I'd probably change earlier...i hear you do not want a waistband in that case so a dress is best.
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    36w2d
    How are you feeling?
    So freaking uncomfortable. I have been having at least a couple contractions everyday since 34w5d and have had a couple of maybe he's coming moments before things inevitably fizzle out. This is so different from my last pregnancy where i had no Braxton Hicks and was induced at 41w.
    Rants/Raves?
    Rant: My work keeps throwing more projects at me and I really feel like this baby is going to make an early apperance. I just feel super overwhelmed. 
    Raves: DH has been great with helping me clean and prep the house. We still have some little things left, but nothing that couldn't be done once DS2 arrives. 
    Questions?
    Not really....

@nugs41 I brought a nursing nightgown last time to wear in the hospital and comfy pjs to go home in. I ended up being more comfortable in the night gown than the hospital gown but my induction took 3 days so i was also pretty done with wearing hospital clothes at that point. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 35+3 though I feel more like 53 weeks.

How are you feeling? Just over it. I can't sleep at night anymore, I'm tired of walking up 3 flights of stairs just to pee in the middle of the night. I'm tired of having a head in my pelvis (though I am happy she's head down). I'm just over it all. 

Rants/Raves? When my best friend asked me again this morning when I'm due it was really nice to say about 3 and a half weeks. I'll be induced no later than 39 weeks thanks to insulin for GD and it was lovely to have such a low amount of time. My bag is mostly packed, her room is ready, I'm just so excited for the next stage. 

Questions? Is it August 10th yet?

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 35+3

How are you feeling? Totally varies - some days I feel great and scrub the kitchen within an inch of its life, other days it's a major accomplishment to put on pants. So I try not to set any expectations lol!

Rants/Raves? Broken record but omg you guys this heat is going to kill me. And I've joked with DH that my pelvis is going to break in half and the baby is going to fall right out so he better be ready to catch. So basically all the 3rd tri awesomeness :)

Questions? How is everyone coming along with their to-do lists? I feel like I should have everything done by now but there's always something else that comes up. Like getting the changing table put together felt like this huge accomplishment but I still need to actually get it stocked up and organized. Then I found the stash of bassinet fitted sheets and got them all washed and folded and put away but still haven't put together the bassinet. I think I've hit the stage of the never-ending to-do list. Wah.

Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you?
    35w3d

How are you feeling?
    So freaking uncomfortable. It seems to get worse by the day.  So much pressure, periodic contractions, and just hard to do things. 

Rants/Raves?
    We are finally almost done with the nursery!!

rant- will probably continue to be the heat.  Omg pregnant is hard enough, in this heat is awful.  I finally made the call and my last day at work is July 27.  Gives me two (ish) weeks prior to induction (insulin dependent GD)

Questions?
    I'm struggling to pack my hospital bag.  But I know I need to, but there are things I want in there I also use fairly regularly.  How is everyone dealing with that?

Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• Options
    @stac928 ugh you just reminded me that I need to do an inventory of my maxi pad collection so I can pack my hospital bag this weekend.  After seeing what the hospital provided when I had DD1 I brought my own for DD2 and it was a massive improvement.  I love the mesh undies they provide but the pads don't even have wings, they are totally worthless.  I think I still have some left over from last time.

I don't pack much.  An outfit in 2 different sizes for the baby, a swaddle blanket, sweats and nursing tanks for me, a t shirt dress in case I need a CS, nipple cream, boppy pillow, pump (which I put in a separate bag and leave in the car unless I need it), very basic toiletries.  And this time I'll be packing snacks because last time I was STARVING when the kitchen was closed overnight.  Probably just some chips and cliff bars or whatever.  I never pack magazines or my kindle or anything...there's a TV in the room and if I have free time I'd rather be asleep.
  • Options
    @Stac928 my bag is pretty much the same as @delujm0 but i do nursing friendly pjs and a nursing nightgown instead of sweats and a dress. 

For toiletries I just do basic travel shampoo, conditioner, body wash and a small travel brush. Last time i was to tried to do anything but the basics. Though going through that list now I'm also going to add some deordant...

Basically my suggestion is to use any travel stuff you have and don't go crazy.
  • Options
    @Stac928 Maybe make sure you have contacts/glasses, a charger for phone, and a camera.

I have a bunch of other stuff, but we have a mandatory 36 hour stay, so I load up on books/DVD’s and snacks.

• Options
    @Stac928 - for things that you use every day that you want to bring to the hospital with you I would say to have a checklist of those items that you keep clipped to your bag until it's go-time. Then when it's time to go to the hospital you have your list and can just throw them in and go.
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 34 +1

How are you feeling? Physically, its up and down. Today is not great, short of breath, exhaustion, belly feels ginormous. Yesterday I was fine, physically.
    Emotionally? I am a basket case. I rage over the smallest things, and it took a huge blowup yesterday with DH and a long talk with my mom for me to see that something is wrong. This is not me. I am going to talk to my doctor at my appt. on Thursday. I feel a bit better just realizing and admitting that I am likely slipping into a depression.

Rants/Raves? Work sucks. I already handed over my major project to DH. Now I am just bouncing around helping other managers with quality control, and the guy I am working with right now is clueless, but it makes no sense for me to do much about it since I am cutting my hours back already, and I don't have it in me to put in the time to fix it. I just hate sending half ass final products out. I told him I don't want my name on them any longer. 

Rave- DH got a raise, a really good one. He may ask in lieu of the raise to be made partner, but either way this means I may have the option of not working or doing something else that is more part time. Not sure I want to not work, but the luxury of having the option is very exciting! Plus, I am incredibly proud of him. He has been through a lot with our company and has gone from a year ago feeling that he was invisible to now being at the top. 

Questions? not really.

His three plus my one; we are all excited to welcome a little one!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    How far along are you?
    35w 5 days
    How are you feeling?
    Like others have said, I have my moments.  Definitely more uncomfortable than I was at this point with my first.
    Rants/Raves?
    Rants: we are currently living with my in-laws.  We sold our house yesterday and can't move in to our new house until next week. I feel totally overwhelmed and unprepared, and that there is no way I can get it all together before baby comes.
    Raves: none today lol, too miserable
    Questions: anyone found any good remedies for all the swelling? I am so tired of my shrek feet.
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    35w 3 days

How are you feeling?
    Just like @mrsbubbles-2 , there are days where I'm painting the baseboards and scrubbing bottles to get ready, and others where I can barely walk from the couch to the bathroom. Lots of pelvic pressure, restless legs, peeing, Braxton Hicks, and difficulty sleeping.

Rants/Raves?
    Rants: DD is going through a bad listening, fresh talking, swatting phase. She was so great for the first two weeks of summer when DH and I got done (we're teachers), and now she's being so fresh. I'm sure the baby thing isn't helping even though she's so excited to have a new baby. 
    Raves: DH. He's just awesome. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 36 + 3

How are you feeling? I had a horrible cold for the past 3 weeks, and I'm finally over it, so I feel great compared to how I was feeling. But it's hurting to walk now and so difficult doing the simplest things, like bending down to pick things up. Emotionally, I've been irritable and I feel so bad for DH and DD. 

Rants/Raves? Ugh I'm so emotionally and physically ready to have this baby, alhtough I'm starting to get scared about the labor (had a traumatic experience with DD) and worried how things will change with DD (she's 2.5). BUT I havent really prepared much at all for this baby so I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed... Just ordered diapers from Amazon and dragged the car seat out of the basement, but it needs a good washing. I think my next goals will be to pack my hospital bag and get this car seat in the car. 

• Options
    @7425cait I’m sorry that your DD isn’t acting well. It’s exciting that she wants the baby around though. Has she done anything super ‘kid cute’ about the baby?

we have been telling L, almost 3, about ‘Baby Roar’ and he now thinks all stomachs are Baby Roar. So anytime we tickle or blow raspberries on him he goes ‘No Hurt Haka Baby Roar!!!’ It’s adorable but really weird to see the gaps he has.

• Options
    ^ that's really cute!

She does. She's three, and totally gets the idea of me having a baby. She'll want her nails painted and pick put colors for each of us, including the baby. She gives me belly kisses or raspberries all the time. Will randomly come over and lay on my belly and hug the baby. It's really wonderful. I just hope she stays this excited once she realizes the baby is staying with us forever. 
  • Options
    jchpgjchpg member
    How far along are you? 37+3

How are you feeling? I’m ok. So slow and tired. I’m ready for this little one to arrive. We discuss eviction plans daily  :D

Rants/Raves?  I’m getting nervous about labor and trying to focus on how usually things go well and try to not focus on all the bad things. 

Questions? Nope. Im just excited to start to see some birth announcents around here (but of course only when babies are ready to come out!)

• Options
    I've been lurking on here, never made the facebook move but excited to check back in here and looking forward to hearing all of your birth stories!

How far along are you? 
    35+5

How are you feeling? Feeling much better at this point in my pregnancy than I was with DS which is fantastic but makes me think I won't go as early.  My water broke at 37 weeks with him which was a bit early but I'm feeling zero pressure right now which is making me feel like I'm never going to go into labor wah

Rants/Raves?  I’m also getting a bit nervous about the labor part 

Questions? Last time I ate an entire pineapple, red leaf tea, sex and exercise to promote labor...anyone else have any fun safe ideas haha
    DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow
  • Options
    Ha @shri929 I did all those things (pineapple, red raspberry lead tea, sex) and also did a prenatal massage with trigger points, and DD came a week late  :( 
  • Options
    jchpgjchpg member
    @shri929 and @fishee333 it’s nice to see some familiar “old” names around here!

To premote labor/ being prepared I’m taking raspberry leaf tea, flaxseed water, a herbal tea you sit on top of, and doing acupuncture... who knows if any of it will work but the hospital and OBs recommend it all, I figure it can’t hurt! Of and DH is all about sex....  :D

• Options
    Don't forget the Yoga Balls! Helps to get your pelvis opened and baby in a favorable position. Not that I have been doing 2-3 hrs a day on that thing for a month or anything. 

• Options
    @jchpg it sure is nice to see the familiar faces! 
    I need to make more time for the yoga ball. I did that a lot with DS but he’s my excuse as to why I haven’t this time lol
    DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow