March 2019 Moms
Options

Fit Mama Monday

Hey fit mamas! How’s the week going? Still getting your pump on and feeling good? 

Re: Fit Mama Monday

• Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    edited July 2018
    I’m going to post a few questions as a prompt:

What were your goals last week and how did you do?

What are your goals for this week?

What are your challenges right now?
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    edited July 2018
    Two workouts/week. I think I ended up doing 1 yoga ses and one day of yard work.

Same, but I’m adding a push-up & squat challenge as part of a friend’s fitness blog I contribute to. 40 push-ups Monday and Wednesday and 40 squats Tuesday and Thursday. I also pulled some prenatal circuits from Pinterest because I’m kind of bored with yoga right now.

Same as always, finding motivation and time with DD around. I’m hoping a circuit workout will be more flexible to her needs than yoga.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My goal last week was to drop in at a Crossfit gym while we were out of town for a wedding. My husband and I made it to one class, but not two which was the reach goal. So I did okay.

Make it to Crossfit the two days we are back home before leaving again for a funeral. Use the gym at the hotel at least twice  

Too much traveling and not enough time. 
  • Options
    Obviously I am not goal-oriented enough, because I never set any last week! 

So my goal for this week: to keep running and add in 2 days of weight training, which I know is good for me, but I avoid because I don’t like it as much as I like running. 

My challenge right now is morning sickness. Two days last week I had to walk instead of run because I just wasn’t feeling well enough. 
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit I'm impressed by your determination! When I'm not feeling well, I'm lucky if I get off the couch, let alone walk/run. It will pass before you know it and you'll be right back at it.
  • Options
    I also didn’t have any goals for last week. This week I’m teaching two classes and my goal is to go to one additional class. The challenge is how tired I am these days!
  • Options
    @meggyme I swear it’s not even determination, it’s just that I am not a nice person to be around when I don’t exercise regularly. I struggle with anxiety, and the only thing that really helps me is to move. I sprained my MCL last winter and I was a nightmare! 
  • Options
    No goals other than trying to make it to the gym 5-6 times a week. I am not accomplishing this due to morning sickness. I literally couldn't leave my bed yesterday. I had to force it today because of work. :(  Basically, I'm struggling big time. 
  • Options

What are your goals for this week? Morning treadmill & squats and lunges and after noon dog walks.

What are your challenges right now? Nausea all afternoon. I'm hoping if I make myself get on the treadmill in the morning it will jump start my day and help me feel less anxious. 
  • Options
    My goal is to work out while DS naps during the week.  I managed it last week even though he refused his nap on Friday. He did a good job staying out of my way while I got in a quick workout. So I guess I don't have to wait for naptime to workout which is nice. Biggest challenges are working around DS and also staying hydrated to feel good enough to workout. I swear I need 3 times more water than normal to feel good lately. 
  • Options
    What were your goals last week and how did you do? Get in 12 miles of cardio and 2 strength training sessions. I had a couple days where I didn't make it to the gym (one more than planned for) but still managed to get it all on. 

What are your goals for this week? same as last week

What are your challenges right now? DH and I closed on our house today so we have lots of house/moving prep to do and that will eat into workout time. :) I'm thankfully just a little extra tired right now and not feeling sick so I hope that will continue for a little while longer. I also need a lot more water right now so I hope I can keep up. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    sew322sew322 member
    Hi, just starting out. I was working out consitently up until a few weeks before conception. Based on my LMP I am 5 weeks 2 days today. I have been scared to start working out again, but I know that I need to start now. We have been taking walks just about daily. I know exercise is good, but for some reason I am extremely nervous to start back up. I want to do cardio and strength twice a week each. Plus maybe throw in some yoga too. My first appointment in August 6 so I want to start out light until I know it's safe. 
  • Options
    No real goals last week or this week because I'm traveling for work, but I'm hoping to get back into the swing when I'm back home. I think I may try and do the BBG pre-training just to keep myself doing easy strength training.

Biggest challenge is the nausea. I thought it wasn't too bad this time around but OOF. It's hit me hard.
  • Options
    @meggyme Damn, 40 push ups?  If you got that done, I'd say you're doing well.  Of course, I've always had the upper body strength of a wet noodle.  Now I wonder how many I could do...
  • Options
    @thedaint87 don’t be too impressed, I did 4 real ones and struggled to do the rest on my knees.
  • Options
    @meggyme - I can't do regular ones at all! Be proud of that! 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @meggyme - I can only do knee push-ups so I'm still pretty impressed.   :D
  • Options
    I wanted to get 3 runs in and ended up with 3 walks and a very long walk for my long run Saturday.

Again 3 runs, which includes my Saturday long run with run camp. Also I’m doing a squat challenge right now, so that daily. And light strenghth training. 

I’ve been tired but my biggest challenge is no appetite. It’s hard to workout or run when I don’t feel like fueling my body right now. 
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options

goal was working out 5 days. I did that but only 2 days of resistance training. I don’t want to lose a lot of muscle! 

3 resistance workouts, 3 walks 

nausea and fatigue. Surprisingly I have the most energy and least amount of nausea right when I wake up. 
  • Options
    My goal is to get up and work out every day except Sunday just like I was doing prepregnancy. I think last week I worked out 5 days out of 7 so I'm proud!

Goals for this week is to continue with workouts. So far I'm 2/2 this week!

Challenges are that I have to wake up at 545 if I want to workout before the kids get up and before work. That has been difficult with the exhaustion this pregnancy is causing!