October 2018 Moms
Options

Sunday Funday!! 6/15

What did everyone do this weekend??

What are you looking forward to/dreading this week!? 

Re: Sunday Funday!! 6/15

• Options
    Worked all weekend (still working & bumping) and I works some County fairs ... One starts next week and so starts the crazy! The money is nice but it is crazy  Thankfully I am indoors for most. I am curious to see how I do with the long hours and lots of time sitting/standing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yesterday, I spent the day taking care of things and then went out with my best friend for dinner and a party after.  We had a super awesome evening- potentially our last like that for a long time.  

Today- working on laundry and cleaning house.  Then I have dance club stuff most of the afternoon and all evening.  Honestly, I don’t wanna do the things this evening, I have so much to get done at home.  
  • Options
    Most of you already know my weekend events lol
    Went to kevin hart Friday night and had a blast, went to our birthing  class yesterday and learned a lot. I'm super happy with the hospital were giving birth at!(: today DH and I went out and played pokemon go but I got too hot so were gonna go back out tonight lol he likes it because it's fun and it "gets me to exercise" which I need to do anyways so 

This week we have our growth scan Tuesday followed by my one hour test, and I'm going with my brother to his college orientation on Thursday. Might go to the inlaws next weekend if they don't have to work
  • Options
    rc-colarc-cola member
    edited July 2018
    I came home to clean house (thanks DH) and tickets to the movies Friday night (Alamo Drafthouse, so dinner too and beer for husband!) then spent the day with a close friend yesterday followed by book club/picnic in the park and then board games in the evening. 

Today did did some tidying and went to prenatal yoga with my friend who is 39 weeks pregnant, so probably her last class. 

Dreading going back to work madness. I was out a few days last week and the week before, and one of the other supervisors is out on parental leave so there is a lot of need for coverage etc. in our already stressful jobs. Hoping to ease in...we will see.
  • Options
    chyviechyvie member
    edited July 2018
    ^ wow to your friend for doing yoga at 39 weeks
    I can't get off my lazy butt to go for a walk these days. The pain I get makes me give excuses in my head. 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    @chyvie it is the most gentle excercise imaginable. With lots of room for adjustments based on everyone’s needs. About every 5 minutes someone gets up to pee and the first 30 minutes is spent checking in with the last 10 in a rest position. So it’s only like 40 minutes of light stretching in reality.

i still agree it’s badass to go out and do things at 39 weeks! But yeah, not strenuous!
  • Options
    Cleaned the house including garage and yard yesterday, and off to the hospital tour and a wedding today. A wedding...outside...in 97 degrees...with no shade. Glucose test on Wed!
  • Options
    Yesterday was my glucose test and then we celebrated my grandma's 75th birthday. It was nice to see my aunt and her family and my Gma. DH went to his parents last night to visit with family in from out of town. I decided to clean our living room (full on sweep, vacuum, mop under the couches and rugs) and organized the clothes we've gotten. I was more exhausted than I expected by the time I was done.

Today I'm at my in-laws with DHs family from out of town. Most are sitting outside, but it SO hot. So I'm sitting inside with MIL and SIL. We do have SS which is nice since it's his mom's weekend.
  • Options
    Both my kids have HFM so I’ve been stuck home all week. DH gave me a break yesterday so I went to Barnes and Noble for THREE hours! It was amazing. I also got to eat lunch with a book, go to Target to “register” and get my little goody bag then headed to Starbucks to drink a tea and read. It was amazing! But I missed my babies and today we’re spending the day watching movies and reading books. 
  • Options
    I've heard HFM is horrible this year.
  • Options
    Saturday DH wasn't home, so I brought the kids to a local spraypark where my met up with MHs grandparents and then to my in laws to see their new pool. Today we went to the Y for open swim at the pool and we were watching a movie while DH sleeps (his work schedule is making his sleep cycles all wonky). Now DH is bringing the kids to his parents pool so I can be alone. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    @sammierose464 several ladies in my J17 group have had their kids get it over the last couple of months. It sucks too because we had play dates lined up for most of last week and this week so I’ve had to cancel everything until Thursday to be safe, because of course they staggered when they got it so fun times over here! 
  • Options
    We just finished our two day prenatal classes and hospital tour. The hospital is under renovation so the birthing unit left something to be desired. We live about equal distance between this hospital and the one in the next town (15 or 20 minutes drive to each) but the other hospital is brand new and only has private rooms. My midwife only delivers at our city hospital so what’s done is done but I hope they finish up some renovations before October!
  • Options
    @sarahzett Aww, that photo makes me homesick. My old grad school apartment is alllllmost in that photo! (next building behind the one on the right in your photo) I looked down at the bean every morning. glad you had a great trip!

Fella's been in FL for 4 days being in a wedding, so I've had the place to myself. I watched the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy, lol. 

I got a massage today and my masseur got out a LOT of the tension in my lower back. I'm hoping I still feel this good tomorrow. I'm sure I'll be effing up my back again shortly, as I have a 5-day photo gig starting Wednesday. The rest of today is being spent packing and doing laundry for almost 2 weeks away. It's a lot easier when I really only have two weeks worth of clothes that fit...

Looking forward to picking up the fella at the airport. I miss him so much (and don't want him to spend $50 on a ride home) that I've agreed to drive over the bridge and go get him.
  • Options
    tlmilltlmill member
    Yesterday my ILs took the kids for the day (from like 10am-8:30pm) so I spent all day on the couch watching ER and napping. 

Today I did laundry, cleaned the kitchen, hung out with the kids, and listed a bunch of stuff on Poshmark and the FB Marketplace. Yay for purging all of the clutter! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Saturday me and the kids did the 7.5 hour drive home from my parents place - travelling solo with two kids and two dogs is a logistic nightmare when someone has to pee! It was way too hot to leave the dogs in the car so they came into a few of the bathrooms with us and we used the side of the road a few times as well - fun times. But DH spent the week we were away cleaning so my house was in great shape when we got home and he sent me upstairs for some alone time and a bath so that was lovely!

Yesterday we ran some errands, went to a movie with the kids, and then spent the afternoon and evening at the water park trying to stay cool.

I have a midwife appointment this morning and should get my ultrasound results finally (I had to get three scans before they got all the pictures) - I assume they would have called if something was off but will be nice to hear everything is well. And then because I’ve been off for a week and a half I have a super busy work week but hopefully that means it will go fast!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Weekend was spent prepping the house for the nursery. We live in a tiny house, so we've been clearing out the basement to store all the stuff that currently lives in what will be the nursery.

Sunday I worked on clearing and organizing all the kitchen cabinets to make room for baby stuff (bottles, etc) and it took a lot out of me (I didn't even get to the tupperware cabinet. I have nightmares about that cabinet). I'm short and our cabinets are high up so I spent most of the day going up and down a step stool.

This week I have my glucose test so trying to take it easy on the carbs since I was so bad over the weekend with ice cream and sweets. Fairly busy at work but it's just hard to get my head in the game. Don't have any physical symptoms that would keep me out of work, I am just mentally checked out. It's going to be a long week.
  • Options
    This weekend I mostly worked on getting homework completed and relaxing. It was really nice! DH and FIL mostly finished the nursery so now all they need to do is install the ceiling fan and set up the furniture! 

This week I am looking forward to setting up baby’s furniture and getting his room a little more settled. I am dreading the paper I have to write and the midterm exam I have this week...
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    This might have been discussed before, so I'm sorry if it's redundant, but what are you studying in school @spartan4life? Is this grad school?
  • Options
    @sliztee Yup, grad school. I’m getting my Masters in Health Care Administration. If everything goes according to plan, I should be able to finish the current class I am taking and one more before our little guy arrives. Then I will only have two more classes to finish in the Spring.
  • Options
    That's awesome! Kudos to you. I know it can't be easy during pregnancy.
  • Options
    @jenchoo I think we are delivering at the same hospital - jo brant? We did our hospital tour last month and yeah....construction sucks. They said it should definitely be done by October so here's hoping! 

I told DH that the tour didn't really help because I already forget the way to L&D haha with all the contruction going on. I delivered my first there too, but that was pre-construction. I will say the post delivery rooms are wayyyyyyyyy nicer than they were. So that's good.
  • Options
    @sliztee Thank you! I severely under estimated pregnancy lol. I thought I would take a "kill two birds with one stone" approach and finish up my classes while I was pregnant. I wouldn't recommend it lol...it has definitely been harder than I thought it would be, but that's ok. I just couldn't hold off the baby fever any longer and I wouldn't trade it for anything now :)