Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW Monday 7/16

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: TWW Monday 7/16

• Options

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 22/4

Timing: -5 -3 -2-1

Typical LP length: 12 days

Testing: Going to hold out until 10dpo hopefully

R/R: The awful heat finally broke this morning so I turned off the AC and opened all the windows in my house. The fresh air inside is wonderful! I'm going to bring a load of stuff to a thrift shop tonight after work. I got into an organizing mood yesterday and found stuff I don't need any more. It's a good feeling to get rid of stuff and also help other people out.

CS/Q: My temps on Saturday and yesterday aren't as accurate as I would have liked due to waking up before my temp alarm. I think we had good timing, but I'm not feeling too great about this cycle.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @luckywife10 In the past 10 years I’ve moved so much that I continuously purge all of my clothes and it feels great to be able to give stuff away. 

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 21/8

Timing: good

Typical LP length: 13/14 days

Testing: Trying to hold out till Thursday 

R/R: I went to use the microwave this morning and it wouldn’t heat up the food. My mom said last night she accidentally used “cook” instead of the timer and it was on for about 5 minutes. Google tells me it’s most likely down for the count. Who knew?
    We are planning to go to the pool this morning. Hoping the rain stays away today. 

CS/Q: A little TMI: Would you switch to a different prenatal if they were causing constipation or just take it as a normal side effect? 
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD/DPO: 23/11

Timing: -3, -2, -1, O

Typical LP length: 12 ish

Testing: wfaf. So far it's really helped not having any tests readily available except for the expensive digital that I bought last month in an unwarranted burst of optimism. And now I'm pretty much saving it to be used only when I already know, just to show DH.

R/R: Rant: Well the dinner party on Friday went pretty well. Not too many uncomfortable conversations, but still not my favorite thing ever. I just don't love the small talk that is inevitable at things like that. Rave: I'm hopeful that the horrible humidity might have broken? Maybe? Please? I have a really light work load today and I'd love to be able to go outside to work, and, you know, not be instantly drenched in sweat.

CS/Q: Could "no symptoms" be a symptom?? Asking for a friend. But really, the lack of anything really has been kind of nice, from a purely comfort-focused place. I usually get cramps and have been fairly moody before AF and so far I feel better than usual. I don't think that means anything, though. More likely, the moodiness was largely due to the early testing disappointment, and now that I'm not doing that, my mood is just naturally better. And the cramps could still show up today. But here's my chart anyways. Today's temp is the highest I've had on DPO 11, but only by like .1 from a previous high of around 97.9ish, so I don't think that means anything either.

@luckywife10 - Good work on cleaning and getting rid of stuff! It's such a relief, I know. And I'm glad to hear that the heat is finally breaking somehwere...:)

@sparklingdiamond - I think you've stumbled onto a great strategy for coping with the TWW! Just convince oneself that it isn't the TWW for half of it and you're already almost there! Now, how to actually pull that off...

@nanner26 - I think I'd switch prenatals. There seem to be a lot of options out there and I feel like there must be ones that don't cause a bunch of unpleasant symptoms. There will be enough unpleasant symptoms in the future (hopefully!) already that it doesn't seem worth it to suffer through them just for prenatals. Unless, of course, there's a reason you need to keep the specific type you're using now.

• Options
    @nanner26 my microwave is slowly dying, but DH is insisting that we keep using it until it's completely not working. Now I know how to give the microwave the last little push it needs to die, ha! (Not to make fun of your situation because I know how it stinks without the convenience of a microwave)

@loveanddatadriven good for you making it to your workout!

@auburnvelvet86 I'm no expert, but I have heard that no symptoms may very well be symptoms. Fingers crossed for you! 

• Options
    nanner26nanner26 member
    edited July 2018
    @luckywife10 haha! Just make sure it’s over 3 minutes because apparently it can survive that amount of time. :smiley: I’ve done it before but always realized it right away. 

@auburnvelvet86 @loveanddatadriven I’ll probably just switch then. I just grabbed one based on price because there weren’t many to choose from. I am using “Nature Made” and it is 27mg of iron. I’ll check out others to see if there is anything lower. Thanks!  
  • Options

@luckywife10 I’m so jealous that the heat broke by you, I’m still waiting for it to break out here!

@sparklingdiamond Yay for O! Sorry for the slightly confusing cycle but at least you cut your wait time in half.

@nanner26 Sorry about the microwave, I hope it either resolves itself or you can find a new one fairly inexpensive. As for your question about the PNVs, I would probably switch because it would be really annoying to me

@loveanddatadriven I give kudos to anyone who works out in the mornings, I just can’t bring myself to do it, great job!!

@auburnvelvet86 I’m glad to hear the dinner party wasn’t as bad as it could’ve been.  I hope the humidity has dropped enough that you’re able to enjoy some time outside!

Month/Cycle: 26 months

CD/DPO: 18/8

Timing: -5, -4, -2, O

Typical LP length: 15 days

Testing: WFAF

R/R: I got our bedroom cleaned and the new rug down!  I tried to take a picture but the room isn’t very big and I couldn’t really get a good pic.  I’m still getting used to it, although I’m sure I’ll really appreciate it come winter.

CS/Q: nope

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Options
    @luckywife10 I hate the heat!  We are looking at a whole week of over 100 degree temps and two days at like 108.  WTF?!

@nanner26 I might try switching and see if you can get one that doesn't cause that.  I haven't had that issue with my prenatal.

@loveanddatadriven Yay for feeling positive.  I was like wait a minute...it's not Monday, it's Tuesday!  Then sadly realized it is actually Monday.

@auburnvelvet86 TW *pregnancy related* 

When I got pregnant with my son, I had zero symptoms at all.
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 23/9

Timing: Good

Typical LP length: 14ish

Testing: Holding out until Saturday or Sunday hopefully.

R/R: Definitely starting to SS this week, trying to ignore it. 

CS/Q: None yet.

• Options
    @auburnvelvet86 I'm not having any symptoms as well. 

@luckywife10 I just donated like 10 bags of clothes, toys, kitchenware right before the 4th. It's so nice not having clutter everywhere. 

Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD/DPO: 24/11

Timing: -3,-2,-1,0,+1

Typical LP length: 13ish

Testing: wfaf

R/R: I'm just feeling out this cycle so I've been down. Watched Netflix for most of yesterday to keep my mind busy and was organizing (putting stuff away) in my craftroom/office today.

CS/Q