Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 7/16

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.** 
**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for? 

Cycle/Month?

WTO/TWW? 

Ages of other child(ren)? 

Any thoughts about this cycle? 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag:

GTKY: What is the most embarrassing/funniest thing your child(ren) has done in public?

Re: TFAS w/o 7/16

• What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 3/3

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 9.5 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm really hoping this is the one. I've always dreamed of having an April baby, but my first one took a lot longer to conceive, so we had her in September. 

Any questions? If DD wakes up in the early morning, is it better to temp when she gets up even if it's earlier, to temp later at my normal time even if I've only been back to bed for 1-2 hours, or not temp at all?

Rant/Rave/Brag: DD is just starting to get so much personality. MH taught her this mouth thing where you stick your finger between your lips back and forth while your making a noise. It's kind of like blowing raspberries, but different. Anyways, DD has caught on and tries her best to do it like daddy, and it's so funny!

GTKY: What is the most embarrassing/funniest thing your child(ren) has done in public? She randomly gives death glares to strangers, but I've gotten used to that. Saturday, walking into Walmart, she reaches out to a lady coming out of the store, like she wants to be held.  :D 
  • MRDCleMRDCle member

What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 1/1

WTO/TWW?  WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? Lots and lots.  Yesterday we HIO with the intent of making a baby, which was a big shift for both of us, but we're excited.

Any questions? not today!

Rant/Rave/Brag: DS has like...in incredible memory. I read this book to him twice this week, and he has it almost all memorized.  And like...not just sight words or anything. Words like amusement and compared and I'm just like, always in awe of him, based on how slow he was to begin speaking. I'm so proud. 

GTKY: What is the most embarrassing/funniest thing your child(ren) has done in public? My son once pulled my pants down in the grocery store. He was trying to get me to follow him and he yanked and pulled the fabric on my butt. I think only one guy saw, but that was more than enough. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • mermaidcamermaidca member
    edited July 2018

@marebear15 I love baby death stares!!  I wish I knew what the kids were thinking.

@mrdcle I laughed pretty hard at that haha!  My kids have only pulled my pants down at home.  Note to self to not wear elastic waists out...

What number are you trying for?  3

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 3yo twins

Any thoughts about this cycle?  We have yet to HIO due to late nights, dinners with friends, etc.  We're in the FW and I'm getting anxious that we're going to miss it!

Any questions? Nope.

Rant/Rave/Brag:

GTKY: What is the most embarrassing/funniest thing your child(ren) has done in public?  Nothing yet really.  My girls are really shy so they are very quiet and stick to my side.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Cycle/Month? 7/7

WTO/TWW? Wfaf

Ages of other child(ren)? 5 almost 6

Any thoughts about this cycle? Our timing was great it just didn't work out. 

Any questions? None

Rant/Rave/Brag: dd would rather give up her tablet then clean up her toys. I wonder how long that's going to last.

GTKY: she's usually pretty good out in public since she's a little shy. We were at my sil's and dh was teasing her and calling her a whiner. She starts laughing and yells out 'mommy is a wino' which I think she was trying to whiner

Cycle/Month? 3/3

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 1

Any thoughts about this cycle? We had good timing, but I'm not feeling very confident to be honest. I had really tenders breasts during the TWW before I found out I was pregnant. I know symptoms can be different for each pregnancy, but unless I my breasts become tender again I won't expect this cycle to be successful.

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: MH has been coming up with new baby names that he likes lately. I thought we had covered every single name out there before DS was born, but I guess not! H and I have a very different idea of what we consider a "good" baby name so our list of names that we agree on is short.

GTKY: What is the most embarrassing/funniest thing your child(ren) has done in public? A couple months ago I was nursing DS in church. DS was getting sleepy. Someone sitting behind us sneezed loudly and DS got startled and bit down with his sharp teeth! I let an f-bomb fly on accident because the bite hurt so bad. I'm not sure if anyone heard me swear, but if they did they didn't say anything.
  • MRDCleMRDCle member
    @mermaidca it was both amusing and horrific. By the end of that shopping trip the manager walked out to the car and loaded my groceries for me, bless him. He could tell I was just over it. 
    @asupernovablizzardstorm I love the mispronounced words, especially when they end up like that.
    @luckywife10 eek poor nips.  I certainly don't miss the biting. 
  • @marebear15 if DS wakes me up before my temp alarm (I temp in the middle of the night) I temp anyway. Same if I only get an hour or two sleep before my temp alarm. FF usually gives me an open circle on that temp. In my mind it's better to have a slightly off temp than no temp at all.

@MRDCle oh no! That's so nice that the manager helped you out. I remember the first time H and I had sex with the intention of baby making. It was thrilling!

@mermaidca fingers crossed you can HIO soon! I completely get how life gets busy and HIO gets hard.
  • What number are you trying for?  3

Cycle/Month? Cycles?/ 19 months, most of them benchedness

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)?  5 and 7

Any thoughts about this cycle? Benched... So we are just practicing this month.

Any questions?  None

Rant/Rave/Brag: . Rant/rave combo, we settle on our house this week.  The kids are such a mixture of emotions, it is a bit draining.

GTKY: What is the most embarrassing/funniest thing your child(ren) has done in public?
    Ugh, I could write a book. Nothing particular is coming to mind.  Ds used to mispronounce truck (f*ck) and screamed it really loud in public.  Tw loss....  

Right before school started last year, I found out i miscarried and was trying to avoid a d&c, .  A dds 1st grade orientation, DD wanted to say hi to her kindergarten teacher.  Her kindergarten teacher leaned down and said she had a cool surprise for her, her new  teacher had a baby in her belly.  DD looked at her and said "well, my Mommy's baby in her belly is dead."   I felt so bad for her teacher.  She looked like she wanted to die.  As much as it should not have been amusing, it really kind of was.

• @asupernovablizzardstorm, DD recently said loudly on public that "my mommy likes gin." I was horrified.  

@prpl11butterfly, fx for his blood test.  When do you expect the results?
  • edited July 2018
    @holly321 Thanks! I should be able to get them online tomorrow afternoon or Wed. I'm sure not waiting for them to call me. And I definitely find the teacher incident amusing. I would have been mortified at first, but once all the emotion eased up, it would have been a good laugh.

Sorry I P&Gd. DS was uber constipated and when that happens, he wont go unless I'm holding him....

@marebear15 I love when they pick up silly things like that! Watching them become people is the most amazing thing!

@MRDCle one day DS is going to flash the world on my behalf. He's always crawling up under my dress/skirt. I try to wear maxis on the weekends so he can't  :D 

@asupernovablizzardstorm niece is 9 and will give up her tablet before doing anything responsible. It drives me insane. I hope your DD grows out if it!

@luckywife10 anyone whose ever nursed will not have judged youe f-bomb. There is not pain quite like having your nipple practically bit clean off! I hear you one the tender boobs. My symptoms were totally different last time though so I've got no idea what to expect when the next time comes....

Cycle/Month? 4/4

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 20 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not yet. DH is going out of town for his little brother's bachelor party on CD 19. I've been ovulating on CD 17 +/- 1 day, so I'm really really really hoping I O before he leaves and I don't have a freak late O day this month. 

Any questions? What day should I start OPKs if I typically O on CD 17, but O'd CD15 or 16 last month. Should I start on CD 11? Sooner? I just have wondfo OPKs. 

Rant/Rave/Brag: I'm kicking myself for not looking at the Target deals today. They had our car seat for $100 and I bought it from Amazon yesterday for $120 in an uglier color. Of course Target was sold out of the $100 carseat by the time I checked it at lunch my time. 

GTKY: What is the most embarrassing/funniest thing your child(ren) has done in public? I honestly can't think of any one thing that stands out. When she was smaller, she would tell people "bye bye" when she was done talking to them (but I was still talking to them). It felt so rude, but she was/is just a baby so... IDK. I still felt bad. 

@marebear15 I would temp the first time you wake up (with DD). I've been taking my temp when someone or something invariably wakes me up at 4 and then I temp again when my alarm goes off at 6:25. I keep the temps in the notes sections, but I've been using the first temp in my chart. 
    @mermaidca I know it's not *romantic*, but that's why I put HIO appointments on our google calendars. It makes sure HIO happens. Obviously that hasn't done anything for us yet, but it worked last time! 
    @luckywife10 I'm sorry but I'm cracking up at an f-bomb in church! I don't blame you, getting bitten while nursing hurts like hell. 
    @prpl11butterfly so sorry DS is sick. I'm crossing everything for you that it's not Lyme! 
    *TW*

Me: 31 Him: 32

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

BFP #2 3/11/16 - DD born 11/16

TFAS since April 2018

• @general_organa I O around CD17-18 and I start Wondfos on CD11. Just in case I weirdly O on CD14 or before CD17 I want to be prepared.
  • @luckywife10 lol, that is an awesome story... not for your nips though.  I shouldn't laugh because I know that pain, but I know I totally would have done the same thing.  :#

@prpl11butterfly bahah, that's so cute about the buddy.  Every time someone asks my son where his belly button is, he then demands to see all the belly buttons.  

What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 9/10

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? Almost 19 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Trying to just not think about it (ha. ha.).  Treatment starts next cycle if this one is not successful.

Any questions? Nope.

Rant/Rave/Brag: Experienced my son's first screaming and running after me toward the door meltdown at daycare drop off this morning.  :(  He has cried a little in the past but I could always distract him before leaving, not so much today.  

GTKY: What is the most embarrassing/funniest thing your child(ren) has done in public?  He is too young to really have embarrassed me yet on his own I suppose, but funny story from the other day.  I took him to a splash pad for the first time and I had a suit on with clothes over it.  He was brave and ran right out in the middle of the splash pad when we got there so I casually started following behind.   Welp, I probably should have been more aware of my surroundings.  Next thing I know, a huge waterfall thing turned on and absolutely drenched me.  This thing turns on every 5 minutes or so much to the thrill and screams of children.  I stood there in absolute shock, holding my phone with my clothes and hair now drenched lol.  I had expected to get a little wet there, but wasn't at all planning on that.  
  • @general_organa I definitely scheduled sex the last time we were trying and H recently told me that he felt a bit used and like I was only doing it because I had to.  It's a tough balance for sure.
    @sparty18 I hate those water buckets!!!  I wish there was a warning or something haha.
    @prpl11butterfly so glad it's not Lyme, what a relief!
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @mermaidca I think I am pretty lucky with the sex scheduling - DH just considers himself lucky he's laid and doesn't mind the calendar invites lol. Especially since I put on ban on sex after 3 dpo. *TW* The month I had a CP we had sex on 7 or 8 dpo and I convinced myself it disrupted implantation, so now I'm superstitious. Sex is feast or famine for my poor hubby when we're TTC lol. 

@prpl11butterfly hmm I might start OPKs today then. I swear I saw ewcm last night (though could have been leftovers from the night before?? lol), but I really need to check again today before we hio. I have plenty of wondfos so I guess it wouldn't hurt to start testing today. Also, I'm so glad your son's Lyme test came back negative! 

@sparty18 oh no about getting drenched at the splash pad! That sounds like something that would happen to me. I do not pay attention to things like that! 

You guys, I almost made a new gay daddy friend at the park yesterday. He had a toddler daughter and we both had our kids on the swings for like 10-15 min. It was so hot, he let us borrow an extra pair of his daughter's shorts to put down on the swing to protect DD's bum from the super hot swing seat. We chatted about lots of baby things, introduced ourselves and our babies, and then when it was time to go home I just said "maybe we'll see you here again sometime!" Ugh. I should have asked if they wanted to hang out with us again sometime, right? I don't know why I was being a chicken sh*t. My only mom friend who lived about 8 min from us recently moved about 45 min away, and now I have no parent friends nearby. I feel like this was a huge fail. :(
    *TW*

Me: 31 Him: 32

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

BFP #2 3/11/16 - DD born 11/16

TFAS since April 2018

• MRDCleMRDCle member
    @general_organa can you hit up the same park around the same time a few times? And fx he's back there again? All my friends and I spread all out so I get the missing having other mom friends.